Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Do you think that Snyder is going to retell all his stories and stuff like Batman Year One again? Or will he just build the universe around such stories?
    I have to think he’s not doing Batman again because it would be redundant. His New 52 Batman was a reboot where he got to reinvent the character wholesale, for all intents and purposes it WAS an “Ultimate Batman”. Therefore I’m guessing he’s going to be writing one of the other two Trinity members. No I don’t think he’ll port over any of his stories, or anyone else’s. If they’re actually doing an Ultimate DC, then he’s gotta be letting whoever does do the Batman book have the freedom to reinvent the character that he got. That’s how I’m feeling anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Imagine if it's repurposed 5G all over again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    No chance, Snyder thought Didio lost his mind with 5G and asked Morrison to help him stage an intervention

If true this is 100% going to be the classic guys getting the Scott Snyder New 52 Batman treatment.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Oh please no. 5g was a horrible idea.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A 5G line would be a massive flop. Nobody cares for wannabes.

Plus there’s no strong incentive to push those guys anymore. Gunn is rebooting the OGs, starting with Superman. Jon isn’t going to appear on the big screen anytime soon, Damian is making his way to theaters leaving little incentive to push Jace, and WW is getting rebooted so no need to push Yara (oh and King has created a new legacy daughter for Diana who will assuredly get priority over Yara from Gunn given how much Gunn loves King’s work). The 5G/FS crew got overshadowed even faster than the previous gens did.

Oof. Really sad to see PKJ gone from Action Comics. I hope I'm wrong but I think he was our best chance at seeing the various Super-family members interacting and maybe having an actual role in the stories. Hope they won't disappear again after the Williamson Braniac story.

Aside from that, I'm really excited for Superman's western adventure. Love that cover!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The 5G/FS crew got overshadowed even faster than the previous gens did.
    Quite frankly, there was nothing to overshadow, since they never really got a spotlight, with exception of Jon.

https://reddit.com/r/DCcomics/s/n0dtcZFZx8
    Scott lives near my LCS and right as Death Metal was finishing he told me he was pitching this. He had some really cool quick ideas for it, I hope it happens

I believe you because Scott Snyder is notorious for not being able to keep a secret haha. Man always spoils his own books in interviews. Did he indicate what character he would want to write? Is my guess he's taking on Superman or WW in the ballpark do you think?

Yeah he was talking about Superman and I remember it sounding pretty cool.

This was like right as 5G was falling apart and he seemed really passionate about this Ultimate style thing.
    Well more fuel for the fire or rando trying to harvest upvotes, you decide! But yeah Snyder taking on “Ultimate Superman” makes sense when you remember he was on something of a Superman kick towards the end of his time at DC. Especially when you read Last Knight on Earth, that felt like he finally clicked with Supes and had ideas for what to do with him. Given his love for Morrison I wonder how much the Snyder Ultimate Superman would take from Morrison’s New 52 revamp of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://reddit.com/r/DCcomics/s/n0dtcZFZx8

Well more fuel for the fire or rando trying to harvest upvotes, you decide! But yeah Snyder taking on “Ultimate Superman” makes sense when you remember he was on something of a Superman kick towards the end of his time at DC. Especially when you read Last Knight on Earth, that felt like he finally clicked with Supes and had ideas for what to do with him. Given his love for Morrison I wonder how much the Snyder Ultimate Superman would take from Morrison’s New 52 revamp of the character.
    Hopefully it's a step-up from Unchained.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully it's a step-up from Unchained.
    Oh yeah if he's writing Ultimate Superman hopefully his ideas is more "Court of Owls" level than "Wraith" level

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    So, what do y'all want from Superman this year? Like in terms of specific announcements.
    A soft continuity reboot that mainly affects the Superman side of the DCU and leads to:

- establishing that Manhattan's undoing of his meddling in Doomsday Clock meant no insane Jor-El and thus, all of Bendis and Taylor's damage to Jon Kent undone.

- Jon has been Superboy for several years and now, at age twelve, is allowed by Clark and Lois to go not on a tour of space with his brain-damaged grandfather who shouldn't exist, but instead, to live and train for a time with Kal-El's friends in the future, the Legion of Superheroes.

- Venditti is the new writer of Action Comics and Superman, with Dan Mora on art

- Jeremy Adams it the writer of Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes, starring Jon Kent, with art by Xermanico.

Now, that's what I would have loved to have been announced. Given what was, I shall return to waiting for the next issue of Waid's Superman book and saving money not spent on any future Superman titles for the Silver Age omnibus out in December.
    Last edited by All Star Superman; 10-13-2023 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh yeah if he's writing Ultimate Superman hopefully his ideas is more "Court of Owls" level than "Wraith" level
    I did enjoy his writing of General Sam Lane, I hope Snyder writes him again. Dude was an ******* but an entertaining one nonetheless, and with MAWS helping to introduce Sam as a villain to a wider audience I’m up for more stories featuring him.

Maybe Waid will write it so he can get his single Superman fix outside World's Finest .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Waid will write it so he can get his single Superman fix outside World's Finest .
    I did wonder if maybe he would be involved but upon reflection I don’t think so. He already is doing “his” Superman through Black Label, and he’s got total control over him there. Doesn’t have to share him or tie into other peoples events. At his age I expect that is far more preferable to trying to kick off a new Superman in a shared universe. Snyder meanwhile said in an interview a while back that if he were to return to DC, he would not want to to be off on his own. He wanted to be involved in something big, I suspect he was thinking of this the whole time.

Ooo I just remembered something: Earth Alpha. Remember how that was set up to be important after Death Metal and then it was just dropped? I bet that’s meant to be the Ultimate DC Earth.

Snyder put it in even after his pitch was rejected juuuust in case he ever got the chance to come back and do it. Explains why it was never touched on or addressed by Williamson afterwards.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-13-2023 at 02:38 PM.