Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Sigh. Sure batman again...
    No. ... I don't think anyone really acknowledges that outside wonder woman fans and that one writer.
    I don't think anyone's really worried about the "diana who laughs" or whatever solo-ing the earth.
    I think that's the issue too NOBODY ever wrote a popular story even an elsewolrds of it, its not a thing to worry about and I think he pulled the nanite trick before
    Someone did write an Elseworld story where she killed Superman in battle and devastated the Earth in the process. Wonder Woman: Dead Earth.

Not that this should have to be a criteria for respecting her power level, as writers and fans should do it anyway. Otherwise there is zero point to putting her in the shared universe at all

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Someone did write an Elseworld story where she killed Superman in battle and devastated the Earth in the process. Wonder Woman: Dead Earth.

Not that this should have to be a criteria for respecting her power level, as writers and fans should do it anyway. Otherwise there is zero point to putting her in the shared universe at all
    Yet we have wrfiters. Even big a list writers that don't respect her at all.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayPursuits View Post
    In my opinion, Its a mixture of people not really reading the books, focusing on those characters in team-related books, and media having a hand in their interpreation. There's also the fact that no matter how you slice it, white male characters backed by male Greek gods is going to give more credence, consiously and unconsiously, than the female, Greek (who kinda gets treated like she's white anyway) character backed generally by female Goddesses. There's a reason why despite decades of the female goddesses playing a hefty role for the character, her being a litter among Zeus's child is seen as granting her "legitamancy" rather than being the "Daughter of Hippolyta".
    What you describe has a lot to do with sexism.