Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Looking forward to this. Currently enjoying the Sonja book by Gronbekk and Geovani. Which is pretty bloody itself so we’ll see how much more savage it will get, lol.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Any thoughts on this Savage Red Sonja book thus far? I’ve only read the first issue but at this admittedly early juncture I’d say I like the other Sonja book better.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Any thoughts on this Savage Red Sonja book thus far? I’ve only read the first issue but at this admittedly early juncture I’d say I like the other Sonja book better.
    I thought it was a good, fun and enjoyable 1st issue and I will continue to pick it up, but yes I agree that I like the Gronbekk/Geovani Sonja series better as well, but then that is one of my favorite books currently coming out so it's not surprising for me.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Probably won't buy the next issue; didn't like the portrayal of RS, as she seems too young for the time period ostensibly covered; didn't find the writing all that engaging, either. Hopefully, someone enjoying the series will keep us posted, especially if there's big change in art and word-work.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet