Extraordinary Member

Default Blue Beetle #2 Preview

Blue Beetle #2 Preview
    Writer: Josh Trujillo
    Artist: Adrian Gutierrez

It sucks that the only thing that brings the JLI back together is something bad happening to Ted.

I get why they all decide to send Tora, but Booster could've been a good mentor here too.

Brenda looks good.

When the assistant confirms to Victoria that there were no trace radiations and how stealthy the intruder was she sheds a tear. I wonder if it was tears of joy at how perfect her scarab suit operated.

Well, I'm glad we can put the doubt to rest. At least Ted is still okay. Definitely out for the rest of the series, though. And this game they are playing with Victoria... We all know she is evil! When are they going to just put it out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It sucks that the only thing that brings the JLI back together is something bad happening to Ted.

I get why they all decide to send Tora, but Booster could've been a good mentor here too.

Brenda looks good.

I love seeing the JLI together, so I'll take it. But I agree... I wish they could have some team adventure, like in Generation Lost (And please: not written by Tom King.) And I honestly don't know why the team wouldn't stick around to help Jaime solve this, or even just take over the investigation. As Guy says, "they attack one of us, they go after all of us." I feel like the team would want to get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by Eskana; 10-02-2023 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    Well, I'm glad we can put the doubt to rest. At least Ted is still okay. Definitely out for the rest of the series, though. And this game they are playing with Victoria... We all know she is evil! When are they going to just put it out there?

I love seeing the JLI together, so I'll take it. But I agree... I wish they could have some team adventure, like in Generation Lost (And please: not written by Tom King.) And I honestly don't know why the team wouldn't stick around to help Jaime solve this, or even just take over the investigation. As Guy says, "they attack one of us, they go after all of us." I feel like the team would want to get to the bottom of this.
    I agree with this 100%...bring in folks like Captain Atom and Rocket Red (it's a rebooted universe, bring Dmitiri back to life and having moved out of Russia with his Apokolips armor) too.

And while I hate somebody always doing something to Ted to make Jaime the primary Beetle, it's nice to see Guy of all people, who's obviously the most erratic and difficult member of the team, pretty much acknowledge what their time together meant to him and how he has their backs. I wish this version of Guy was the prevalent one, versus what we saw in the lead-up to Fire & Ice when he was an over-the-top a-hole (though Fire doesn't come off much better in that story).

That’s was a pretty impressive flex by the Blood Scarab.

spoilers:
    Seems to be going the Dr. Doom route by using tech and magic.
    end of spoilers