Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Oswald continues to steal this show; although the Goat killer plot was pretty interesting, the best scene was the cliffhanger. But yeah nice to see this show really is finding its footing.
    It's nice to see Harvey was a lot like Jim when he was younger, too, which means he will be redeemed as the show progresses.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm in love with Gotham! Last night's episode was killer good. That ending had me like "Some crae stuff is about to go down next week." Plus, Catgirl sneaking into Bruce's house was so unexpectedly cool. I wish that lesbian Montoya would just die already; she's a little twerp who hates Bullock and Jim's guts.

This show keeps hitting it's marks for me.

Really enjoyed this episode.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Extraordinary Member

Soooo glad we're not gonna have a 'trial of Jim Gordon' story. Thank you Oswald.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    This whole subplot with bruce is starting to rub me the wrong way; I know the kid is supposed to become Batman one day, but right now, he's just a kid who's obviously been traumatized. He gathers fact on the goat, the mob, etc, but he doesn't do anything with them. i suppose it would be too much of a stretch to have him informing gordon of his theories at this stage, but what's the point of this? What does he do with the information? We never see him doing anything normal kids do, like got to school or play outside. Doesn't he have any relatives he cold go stay with? Maybe if he had something of a normal life, He might have grown up differently. Knowing what he becomes is small comfort when I'm getting a front row seat on the steps he took to get there, and i don't like what I see. Then there's the future Riddler. I just can't see this guy being any kind of real threat to bruce in the future. I was actually starting to warm up to Bullock in this episode, but then they had to go back to the status quo at the end of the episode. And I'm really hoping we get Alfred's backstory soon- Having him kow tow to bruce's growing obsession isn't endearing the character to me.
    I don't think he was gathering data on the Goat. Just the mob. And it might pay off. Maybe he'll be the one variable that Penguin hasn't accounted for thus ruining whatever master plan he's enacting. Other then that I agree. Show him going to school already. Cast Hush as his classmate if you have since you already have to have a fullgrown Two-Face.

This was the best episode yet. I'm pumped to see next week's episode.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    I'm in love with Gotham! Last night's episode was killer good. That ending had me like "Some crae stuff is about to go down next week." Plus, Catgirl sneaking into Bruce's house was so unexpectedly cool. I wish that lesbian Montoya would just die already; she's a little twerp who hates Bullock and Jim's guts.
    I agree great episode, and very much agree Montoya is an annoying waist of air time. I really hated the on again off again thing with Lana and Clark on Smallville. If her whole role is to be annoying and to try to drive a wedge between Jim and Barbara every other week I'm hoping she just eats a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    ...'m hoping she just eats a bullet.
    Well, I doubt that will happen, but hopefully some of the weak female characters will get nailed down as the season progresses. I appreciated the brevity of Montoya's appearances in this ep, as well as those of Barbara and Essen.

The hypnotist was even a little weak I thought.

Is Jada Pinkett Smith the only female actress of any caliber available??

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    This was the best episode yet. I'm pumped to see next week's episode.
    Agreed, I really liked it. For once a semi-interesting villain and some nice plot twists, also a very Bullock centric episode, and more Donal Logue is never a bad thing!
    I like it how they showed he was a good cop when he was young very much like Gordon is now and he was still looking after his old partner in that nursing home.

Nygma having a crush, kinda cheesy but it was entertaining he reminded me of a male Felicity lol. I hope we start to get some development with him and we see his dark side come out, so far its been all fun and games with Ed but The Riddler can be a pretty sadistic, psychopathic individual, they need to start hinting towards that part of his persona with more than 5 minutes screen time every week.

The ending it looks like everything has hit the fan now and with Mr Zsasz also making his debut next week, should be interesting.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Take out boring old Fish and what do you have? The best episode yet.

Finally, more Nygma screen time! Nice change of pace to have Gordon on the back seat. Loved the twist about the villain. All in all Gotham keeps improving!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member

Godd episode, it seems like th show overall is finding its way. Hooray!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Is Jada Pinkett Smith the only female actress of any caliber available??
    Morena Baccarrin is coming in as Dr Thompkins. She's not as famous but been working on Homeland and Stargate as well as being known for Firefly. She also voiced Black Canary in JLU and Talia in the DVD "Son of Batman" I know this strictly thanks to Google.

Showrunner Bruno Heller says the creation myth of Gotham can't be told without the creation of Arkham
    http://tvline.com/2014/10/29/gotham-...arkham-asylum/
    It says "spoilers" but I didn't hear anything new really.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Morena Baccarrin is coming in as Dr Thompkins. She's not as famous but been working on Homeland and Stargate as well as being known for Firefly. She also voiced Black Canary in JLU and Talia in the DVD "Son of Batman" I know this strictly thanks to Google.
    She's also muy caliente. Out-of-this-world gorgeous, even.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I read that. Not familiar with her, but hopefully she'll be an improvement over some of the other female casting decisions.

Fantastic Member

Episode 8 Summary:Gordon and Bullock investigate a Gothamite who runs a deadly fight club for candidates applying to work at his financial firm. Meanwhile, Bruce returns to school and gets a visit from a new friend in the all-new “The Mask”

Looks like we might be seeing Thomas Elliot if the preview pics are anything to go by...