Page 78 of 166 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2481

Zsazz is really quirky in this show. I like him more as a mob enforcer than a serial killer. Although his two female flunkies reminds me of something out of adam west batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I think the show started out this way, but now I think it's clear they're actively trying to avoid any comparisons to CSI or Law and Order, and embracing the surreal absurdity of Gotham.
    I hope so. I've been tired of police procedurals for years, and Gotham was only passingly good at it to boot. How they're going to square the more serious tone that they've already developed for much of the show and actually make it work with the comic book stuff has me worried, but I tend to give shows the benefit of the doubt so long as it doesn't start to feel like a chore to watch something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Zsazz is really quirky in this show. I like him more as a mob enforcer than a serial killer. Although his two female flunkies reminds me of something out of adam west batman.
    I'm only familiar with him from the Arkham games, but he just felt like a cheesy holdover from the 90s. Just self-consciously controversial and gritty, but without anything else to make him a worthwhile character. Not sure I give a **** about him now, but he can only improve as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by The Batlord; 11-05-2014 at 07:19 PM.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I think the show started out this way, but now I think it's clear they're actively trying to avoid any comparisons to CSI or Law and Order, and embracing the surreal absurdity of Gotham.
    This is one of the reasons why I enjoy it so very much.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I enjoy it so very much.
    it's funny you look at gotham and you see people trying to have fun with the fact that this is a comic book world...then you look at something like Arrow and it's like every moment has to be full of tears or angst and anger

The only very mild negative for me in the last episode was Zsasz having 2 new wave thugs.

If Zsasz is so terrifying and has so much gravitas that he can walk into police HQ and simply order everyone out, there's no need for him to have 2 goons.

I think the writers wanted him to have extra help so during the firefights it would be more even.

But my Monday morning quarterbacking would have Zsasz come in solo and when the shooting began, he'd pull 2 pistols and fight ala John Woo in the Gun Fu style. And when Zsasz ran out of ammo he'd pull 2 more pistols revealing that he had lots of them under his coat. Oh well, new flunkies won out.

I don't mind a bit about him using guns instead of knives - it's a concession to the format and how the writers need to use the character.

And Anthony Carrigan was great with his twitchy, goofy, creepy, unsettling interpretation of Zsasz - I love it!

The rest of the episode was excellent and had me on the edge of my seat: reveal after reveal, tense situations, stand offs, rescues, Harv almost murdering Jim then showing up at Jim's drunk with a lady of the night. Harv is awesome.

The redemption of Renee and Cris was nice - they're finally on the team. Sadly, no Selina and I don't think she's in the episode 8 previews though she is in episode 9.

My only problem was Gordon telling Bruce that Montoya and Allen are "good" cops. They aren't corrupt but they are the two most idiotic cops on force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    My only problem was Gordon telling Bruce that Montoya and Allen are "good" cops. They aren't corrupt but they are the two most idiotic cops on force.
    i think he had no choice but to trust them that much....only because he's now let everyone know that he's the rogue the wild cat wanting to break loose from the pack and serve real justice....everyone else was ready to serve him up on a silver platter for Falcone when Victor Z. came calling

Bullock is a huge question mark and someone that gordon can't afford to have too close to him in situations like this....

true montoya and allen are stupid idiot cops(montoya being driven purely by her hornyness and allen just rolling with her decisions)but they are the only ones that actually came to his rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    true montoya and allen are stupid idiot cops(montoya being driven purely by her hornyness and allen just rolling with her decisions)but they are the only ones that actually came to his rescue
    If she were motivated entirely by her horniness, then why did she put her life at risk to save Gordon when just about every other cop in Gotham sold him out? Maybe, she's actually a good, honest cop?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
    If she were motivated entirely by her horniness, then why did she put her life at risk to save Gordon when just about every other cop in Gotham sold him out? Maybe, she's actually a good, honest cop?
    because barbara cares about jim and she's doing what's best for barbara she wasn't doing it to do the right thing she was doing it just so she could say she did a nice thing for barbara and maybe get some...

because barbara cares about jim and she's doing what's best for barbara she wasn't doing it to do the right thing she was doing it just so she could say she did a nice thing for barbara and maybe get some...
    Where did you get that from? Why would she then admit to Gordon that she let her feelings for Barbara influence her? The most logical conclusion is that she felt guilty about accusing an innocent man and decided to come clean because she has integrity.

BANNED

Where did you get that from? Why would she then admit to Gordon that she let her feelings for Barbara influence her? The most logical conclusion is that she felt guilty about accusing an innocent man and decided to come clean because she has integrity.
    And?.....she's not really proved that her feelings aren't still motivating her

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

The crooked babes recall Two-Face's Dolls from BATMAN FOREVER, Sugar & Spice.

Penguin continues to be the BEST part about this series. Although the body count is getting rather high.

And?.....she's not really proved that her feelings aren't still motivating her
    Part of her motivation, but I see absolutely no indication that it's her entire, or even her primary motivation. Just because her judgement is clouded does not mean that she doesn't have any judgement.

BANNED

Part of her motivation, but I see absolutely no indication that it's her entire, or even her primary motivation. Just because her judgement is clouded does not mean that she doesn't have any judgement.
    you can't turn Rene Montoya into a likable character in just one episode and have everyone believe she's truly sorry for what she did.....i can't think of a character that fans of gotham hate more than Rene Montoya other than barbara(and that's only because Barbara seems to have no clear focus or purpose)

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    If one is worried about secrets but Falcone owns them and they all know it. I'd bet even the people of Gotham know it, we know our politicians are owned by oil but we feign surprise by it.

He didn't. He wanted Jim to go quietly but Jim didn't want to play by Falcone's rules so things got messy.

She cares but she's helpless. Or she has grown to think she's helpless but James may be showing her she isn't. She thought she should stay but he told her not to and she took him up on that offer. She may decide differently next time.

FYI plenty of people still live in Detroit. It's not that easy to up and leave even when the water's shut off. Gotham doesn't seem to have much industry other than crime. It sure doesn't look like a happy. healthy city. Burton's vision was Hell erupted through the earth and kept going. It's kind of like that here.
    My point is that Gotham needs some kind of industry to live by. A City can't have crime as the only income. Falcone said "to have organised crime you need law and order".

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    True, but Falcone was worrying about that since he wasn't doing this publicly.
    He sent Zsazs out there wide open in a police station of all places. That is not discreet.