Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The creative on this just sucks. I don’t know what else to say at this point. The art is beyond rough. They keep having women comment about how pretty Ric is, but he looks like a messy ogre or something. Oh, what gorgeous blue closed eyes you have. And why is this opening on Ric shitting on the Bat cave. What is the writers objective here with Ric constantly criticizing his past and general aspects of his comic world. It’s not even insightful or original commentary. It’s generic stuff everyone who is a fan of comics have heard before. He is basically just that tool that doesn’t get comics, so he picks them apart and pokes holes like they exist in reality. And it’s constant. Like we’re stupid and haven’t gotten the point already that Ric isn’t a fan of Dick. They hammered this nail over and over now. We get, move the hell on already. This isn’t a charming characterization. It’s insufferable. Like screw you Ric. No one is asking for your opinion on the Bat cave. Who do they think his audience is here.

And this "muscle memory", is muscle memory a super power or something now? Its just so dumb. Do you know what would have been interesting, if Ric didn't know how to magically fight and had to figure out how to survive and help people with out this convenient magic of muscle memory powers to bail him out. But again, this creative sucks and the pool of actual creative ideas here is obviously shallow.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-17-2018 at 05:00 PM.

At least Scarecrow looks cool.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Everything is bad an nobody is happy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The creative on this just sucks. I don’t know what else to say at this point. The art is beyond rough. They keep having women comment about how pretty Ric is, but he looks like a messy ogre or something. Oh, what gorgeous blue closed eyes you have. And why is this opening on Ric shitting on the Bat cave. What is the writers objective here with Ric constantly criticizing his past and general aspects of his comic world. It’s not even insightful or original commentary. It’s generic stuff everyone who is a fan of comics have heard before. He is basically just that tool that doesn’t get comics, so he picks them apart and pokes holes like they exist in reality. And it’s constant. Like we’re stupid and haven’t gotten the point already that Ric isn’t a fan of Dick. They hammered this nail over and over now. We get, move the hell on already. This isn’t a charming characterization. It’s insufferable. Like screw you Ric. No one is asking for your opinion on the Bat cave. Who do they think his audience is here.

And this "muscle memory", is muscle memory a super power or something now? Its just so dumb. Do you know what would have been interesting, if Ric didn't know how to magically fight and had to figure out how to survive and help people with out this convenient magic of muscle memory powers to bail him out. But again, this creative sucks and the pool of actual creative ideas here is obviously shallow.

You know I'm not one to crap on new things/bold new directions. In fact, I welcome it. I told a lot of people who complained about the direction when it was first announced to "wait and see".

That said, I must say I agree with (almost) every point in your post and its a shame I do. This is simply not a good story/ direction. It needs to stop.

Same here. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but Lobdell is no King/Seeley.

Amazing Member

Yes, it's pretty painful. My only remaining hope are those pages that Travis Mercer was working on featuring Nightwing (Dick Grayson) & Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by WingGrayson View Post
    Yes, it's pretty painful. My only remaining hope are those pages that Travis Mercer was working on featuring Nightwing (Dick Grayson) & Batgirl.
    Tomasi says Nightwing will be in his Tec Run with Damian too which means they’ll have to get rid of this stupid plot
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Tomasi says Nightwing will be in his Tec Run with Damian too which means they’ll have to get rid of this stupid plot
    WHEN?!

10char

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    WHEN?!

10char
    I think everyone is asking when will this be over.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think everyone is asking when will this be over.
    Well, I for one, will be. BAD, BAD writing.

Again, I STILL believe DC does NOT know what to do with Richard Grayson... and also, Tim Drake as well.
    The two ex/current Robins... al LEAST have a "direction"... somewhat of where they are/going...

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    WHEN?!

10char
    He’s on the Tec #1000 cover in blue with hair and Damian is too, so.... my guess Nightwing will be brought in when the Arkham Knight comes to Gotham
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

He’s on the Tec #1000 cover in blue with hair and Damian is too, so.... my guess Nightwing will be brought in when the Arkham Knight comes to Gotham
    Oh thank God for that. I dropped Nightwing since it became a book designed to mock Nightwing fans.

BANNED

Do you have a link to this, and when might it happen? It could be a flashback story, too.

He is wearing his old Pre New52 Nightwing costume with the arm and finger stripes. I think it was mainly just Lee doing a call back to his Hush story arc.

Tomasi said he had plans to use Nightwing and Damian in his run in an interview he did a while back, but he didn't say anything about Nightwing beyond that. So it might be set after #1000 or whenever.