Page 10 of 166 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Hero | GOTHAM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlsuG1paO04

Gotham premieres Monday September 22 8pm on Fox

Last edited by heyevaxx; 07-10-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Gotta say, I really don't dig the idea of a teenage Selina Kyle already being a master thief. A decent pick-pocket, sure. A thirteen year-old master thief, though? GTFO.

I like the Riddler being a forensic scientist with the GCPD, though. Quite a logical place to go with the character, now that I think about it.

Ivy Pepper...ugh. What, was Pamela Isley not obvious enough? And I really dislike the "creepy, socially ostracized kid" angle they're pushing here.

I'm curious about Fish Mooney, but why couldn't they use Carmine Falcone instead? Or is Falcone supposed to come into power later, before Batman arrives in Gotham and kicks his ass?
    The way I have it figured, Selina's a thirteen year old petty burglar, not a master thief. She's shown stealing milk in the production stills, and she's an acrobat, so think less classy cat burglar and more Aladdin-esque street rat who can stay alive but never really profit from their robberies just yet. And that actually seems believable to me; it beats the "dominatrix uses mysterious hooker powers to suddenly become a master thief" origin of Year One, and she has no need to have cats lick her to give her abilities here like in Returns or the Zero issue. She's got one feature of her future self, the free-running aspect (which I'm betting they'll have her teach Bruce) but she's far from the conwoman and impossible thief shell later be.

I'm betting on Harvey or someone else belittling Nygma a few times too often until he starts small scale blackmail and prank attacks and then slowly escalates.

Ivy Pepper does seem stupid at first glance.

I've also got Fish pegged for a Penguin lead usurpation. She's his boss, and he's a low level thug at the moment.

Spectacular Member

I just hope they don't make a joker origin. That'll ruin his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    We haven't heard enough either way yet.

Incredible Member

Right....because a Joker origin story has never been successful...

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    They've hinted at the Joker, but have stated he likely wouldn't be around "for awhile," because they know his appearance would be a very big deal and they'd want to make sure they did it right and not just rush into it for the sake of saying "Hey, look, Joker's here this week."
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Here's the new SDCC poster for Gotham:

Here's the list of Fox activities for Gotham at the San Diego Comic-Con. Fox definitely seems to be all in with their Gotham commitment. The zip line through Gotham sounds like a blast; I hope someone uploads a video of the experience.

Note, there's other, non-Gotham Fox stuff at SDCC, just check http://www.fox.com/comic-con-2014/ Sorry about the caps, they're from Fox.

FOX CONQUERS SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON WITH WORLD PREMIERE SCREENINGS AND PANEL DEBUTS OF “GOTHAM” AND “WAYWARD PINES”

FLY THROUGH GOTHAM CITY ON THE EXCLUSIVE “GOTHAM” ZIP LINE

RIDE ALONG FREE IN UBER “GOTHAM” POLICE CARS

“GOTHAM” – ZIP LINE
    Where: Between the SD Convention Center and the Hilton Bayfront Hotel
    When: Thursday, July 24 – Sunday, July 27
    Hours: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Daily

EXPERIENCE
    FOX will create Gotham City for fans to channel their inner superhero by ziplining (130 feet long and 30 feet high) through the GOTHAM city landscape! Following the adrenalized experience, participants will receive a shareable photo of their heroic zip line experience and will be awarded with exclusive GOTHAM prizes. Follow fox.com/comiccon2014 to find out when GOTHAM producers and cast, including stars Ben McKenzie and Donal Logue, will be making appearances at the experience.

“GOTHAM” UBER POLICE CARS
    Where: Downtown San Diego
    When: Thursday, July 24 – Sunday, July 27
    Hours: Thursday – 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
    Friday – 2:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    Saturday – 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    Sunday – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM

EXPERIENCE
    For the fans afoot at SDCC who are UBER users, specially-designed GOTHAM police cars will hit the San Diego streets to pick up passengers throughout the convention weekend – for free – via the UBER app, by selecting GOTHAM PD on the UBER “slider.” Inside the GOTHAM-branded cars, passengers will get a sneak preview of special GOTHAM content. Those fans who are new to UBER and who sign up for the app using the code GOTHAMPD will get a free first ride up to $30, wherever UBER is available. Track the GOTHAM “patrol rides” on UBER’s San Diego Twitter (https://twitter.com/uber_sd) and Instagram (http://instagram.com/uber_sd).

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED-EDITION COMIC-CON ITEMS
    Drop by the FOX FANFARE booth (#4229) daily to pick up the 2014 FOX FANFARE Poster Tube, as well as Exclusive and Collectible Mini-Posters from BOB’S BURGERS, BONES, FAMILY GUY, THE FOLLOWING, GOTHAM, THE SIMPSONS, SLEEPY HOLLOW and WAYWARD PINES, among other FOX FANFARE properties.

Limited-edition giveaways will also be distributed from the booth (while supplies last):
    - GOTHAM Lenticular Collectibles

SATURDAY, JULY 26
    Panels:
    GOTHAM 8:00-11:00 PM – Hall H (Presented by Warner Bros. Television)
    FOX, Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment present the World Premiere of GOTHAM, with special appearances by cast members Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Jada Pinkett Smith, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, Camren Bicondova and David Mazouz,along with executive producers Bruno Heller, Danny Cannon and John Stephens.

I actually like what I'm seeing with GOTHAM. But I am definitely reminded of SMALLVILLE.

I think GOTHAM will be to Batman (and his fanbase) what SMALLVILLE was to Superman (and his fanbase): a divisive prequel tv show with increasingly more of the mythos on display in unusual forms, with the hero himself not showing up in costume until the very last episode of the entire show.

A couple of key differences.

GOTHAM is on Fox, while SMALLVILLE was on the WB/CW network. GOTHAM will be seen (potentially) by way more people than SMALLVILLE ever was.

SMALLVILLE never had the production value that GOTHAM already seems to own. This is probably tied into which networks they were aired on.

SMALLVILLE had its star actor at real age 25 playing a 15-year-old. GOTHAM has its star{?} actor at real age 13 playing a 10 {12?}-year-old. That will help GOTHAM, as it hurt SMALLVILLE.

Presuming Fox doesn't can this new show 3 episodes into its premiere season, how long do you think GOTHAM can go on? 10 seasons like SMALLVILLE?

I don't think ratings will be a problem for two or three years. I think the show will do respectable, but not a smash hit. Top 20 but not Top 10. I think the biggest problem the show will run into is cost. It looks like it might be an expensive show to make and I don't know if it will do enough ratings to merit a long-term run.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...sode-of-gotham

Basically, every episode in the first season will introduce a character that might be a future Joker, each emphasising aspects of the character’s iconography, a card sharp, a flower seller, a clown, or just a guy with a very big grin.
    If this is the route they go, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

The new Gotham video is short but looks great. No Bruce and no Ivy (I'm unable to type her new first name).

I hope Aloe Blacc's "Ticking Bomb" that's played during Gordon's narration isn't the theme song and isn't a reoccurring song used in the show. The cinematic music they've used up to now in the little videos had been perfect.

The Good. The Evil. The Beginning. | GOTHAM

The show looks really promising. I also like the multiple potential origins for the Joker. Way to circumvent the problem.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...sode-of-gotham

If this is the route they go, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    It's such a cool idea. Although part of me is just like "oh, it'll be the six foot four kid!"

Joker's tall.

Hahaha.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

My thought, reading that SDCC Fox announcement ... was just how superlative "City" has become to talking about Gotham.

I'm not sure how necessary it is anymore, and I wonder if GOTHAM will almost strip it from the public conscious. It's not as if we won't all know that it was more common before to call it "Gotham City" in full, just that it'll seem kind of quaint and old-timey, like it belongs on the '66 show.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com