Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm speechless. This is too good.
    TOO GOOD!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Says a dude named Batman Forever
    batman forever > you

I didn't wanna like this. I went into the trailer having a totally negative attitude, not being a fan of the general premise. But oh, how wrong was I? His looks brilliant. Can't wait to see more of it.

i hope they jump forward in years between seasons becasue thatll help it in the long run and i hope tommy gets introduced as well

Incredible Member

Yup. I'll watch this.

Really excited for this. Looking forward to it and hopefully it won't meet the same fates as Firefly & Almost Human.

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

I'm interested to see how GCPD and Gordon tackle Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler and others considering that Batman alone had difficulty taking some of these villains down himself. Batman isn't Batman yet so I guess the series will elaborate on how these villains turn into the villains that they are known to become.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

BANNED

Yet another DC show starring average people in pants and jackets because they lack the confidence to really launch a full-on Superhero fiction. Arrow is a dude in a jacket and hood without a name and Flash probably won't even get picked up. I wish they'd stop this Smallville trend. Superheroes, not street dudes who kinda resemble them.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Yet another DC show starring average people in pants and jackets because they lack the confidence to really launch a full-on Superhero fiction. Arrow is a dude in a jacket and hood without a name and Flash probably won't even get picked up. I wish they'd stop this Smallville trend. Superheroes, not street dudes who kinda resemble them.
    Part of the reason they may not go full-costume super characters may have to do with licensing? If you're having a Gotham TV show without "Batman", you can offer Batman himself elsewhere. I believe part of Smallville not having Clark as Superman / Superboy was because the licensing for "Superman" was a separate deal that hadn't expired yet?

It looks well made, but i think our favorite characters are too young. i don't know much of Selena's history but she wasn't 'catwoman' until her 20's, right? In fact isn't one of the long running underlying themes that The Batman was the spark of all the weirdo costumes villains in Gotham. i.e. without The Batman there would be no Joker. In this version Brucie is about 10 years old...how is there a catwoman, riddler, penguin already? Of course I'll watch though.

Thought it looked very well made and they spent some good money on it. Should be interesting and I'll be giving it a try when it premieres in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpop View Post
    It looks well made, but i think our favorite characters are too young. i don't know much of Selena's history but she wasn't 'catwoman' until her 20's, right? In fact isn't one of the long running underlying themes that The Batman was the spark of all the weirdo costumes villains in Gotham. i.e. without The Batman there would be no Joker. In this version Brucie is about 10 years old...how is there a catwoman, riddler, penguin already? Of course I'll watch though.
    But remember . . . this isn't the comic books; this is a television program, so they get to play fast and loose with all the facts.

(Besides, in the comic books, was Bullock a part of the G.C.P.D. before Jim Gordon joined?)

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Um, Oliver has a full green suit and is called The Arrow. The Flash will be a series, the fact that they've already cast a lot of characters shows they have faith behind it like they did with Arrow. Arrow is nothing like Smallville, the fact that they called call characters Deathstroke, Huntress, Canary , Merlyn , Clock King etc etc should tell you that they aren't afraid of the names or characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But remember . . . this isn't the comic books; this is a television program, so they get to play fast and loose with all the facts.

(Besides, in the comic books, was Bullock a part of the G.C.P.D. before Jim Gordon joined?)
    Usually, he was. He's generally the corrupt cop that Jim turned to the light side.

And I'm all for showing our villains already being messed up before they get the theatrical looks going. Crane experiments on his students before becoming Scarecrow, Penguin's the classic fence and smuggler with a goofy name and an old family legacy before he gets famous, and Catwoman works better when her skills are already justified (the Dixon-Balent origin) rather than pulled out of nowhere (Year One's "hooker + costume = mad skills" formula).

The theatricality follows Batman, but I hate the idea that somehow Batman's psychosis triggers his villains' turn to darkness. It's a bit too pessimistic and stupid for me.

Besides, I actually like the idea that some bad guys are already very developed compared to their peers. A guy like Clayface 1 arguably works better in a pre-Batman storyline, where his popularity can inspire his successors. And I actually think there's a lot of potential in kid Catwoman hanging out with Bruce. It introduces him to the underside of Gotham with all the less fortunate people in the town who he ends up championing as much as Justice itself.

Hm...

Looks good enough to me.

I'll watch this.

Looks alot like my outline for a Batman series, with the addition of "Little Gotham" and all the child actor's playing future Gotham heavies.

I'm totally in.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.