Page 62 of 166 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    Thanks Tupiaz
    You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, obviously the kidnapper IS gonna come for Bruce which should be loads of fun but really Bruce is rght. I don't think Alfred would be able to withdraw millions to pay the ransom, and the shadowy and enigmatic shareholders of Wayne Enterprises ain't gonna care.
    end of spoilers
    That could be a huge backfire at the company if they didn't.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Game of Thrones is **** once you strip away the fantasy nerd hype and HBO hype structure.
    Game of Thones is **** once you strip away the fantasy nerd hype, HBO hype structure, the plot, the production values, the cast, the directing and the writing and you put **** instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Game of Thones is **** once you strip away the fantasy nerd hype, HBO hype structure, the plot, the production values, the cast, the directing and the writing and you put **** instead.
    The source material and their budget is amazing. The original content can be pretty hit and miss. More hits then misses but they've made plenty dumb mistakes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    I would say, if GOT is Van Gough, Gotham is Jim Lee. Both are good in different aspects.
    No Jim Lee would be Arrow action and great looking cast members.Gotham would still be stick figures by a child.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    No Jim Lee would be Arrow action and great looking cast members.Gotham would still be stick figures by a child.
    Heh. Too bad for you the show will be on for quite a few years.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    No the show is pretty terrible even if you keep its sorry excuse of a plot.

BANNED

Grant Morrison and Frank Miller's work probally inform my view of Batman Mike W Barr's Batman from the eighties along with the Outsiders I really love.I really like Snyder's take also I really feel like he get's Batman.Dennis O'neil old stuff from the seventies.It just all swirls together informing how I see Batman.
    I almost forgot this thread, my apologies.

The writers you mention did not write child Bruce starting to train his body after his parents were murdered. That came later on. What the show is doing (quality of the show opinion aside, I am only adressing this plot hook) is on point with most origin retellings: Bruce as a child accepting his grief and slowly honing the direction of his life. That means, first - as usual, honing his mind.

He`s not going to go full ninja training until he "sees" the path he is willing to take. It`s the same thing with anyone else. You can`t just start training on anything seriously, without making up your mind about it and set a plan of training.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Not a lot of information but some words with the wardrobe designer, Lisa Padovani.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/20/go...9491f0d0bea072

Anyone catch Nygma's question mark coffee mug? I want that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. Too bad for you the show will be on for quite a few years.
    The torrents do not seem to be very popular.Walking dead and Arrow and Doctor Who have like 20 thousand seeders the nights they premiere a new episode.Gotham does'nt have the same level af seeders as Agents of Shield on premiere nights.Gotham only get's around 4 0r 5 thousand seeders on premiere nights.It's not that popular a show.It could only go one season friend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I almost forgot this thread, my apologies.

The writers you mention did not write child Bruce starting to train his body after his parents were murdered. That came later on. What the show is doing (quality of the show opinion aside, I am only adressing this plot hook) is on point with most origin retellings: Bruce as a child accepting his grief and slowly honing the direction of his life. That means, first - as usual, honing his mind.

He`s not going to go full ninja training until he "sees" the path he is willing to take. It`s the same thing with anyone else. You can`t just start training on anything seriously, without making up your mind about it and set a plan of training.
    There has not been that much written about Bruce's childhood by any Batman writer.One thing is true by most though that Bruce has a genius level intellect.You do not develop that you are born with it.To become a master martial artist takes a lifetime.A master not a good martial artist a master.I don't think you get that.How long did Bruce Lee train himself to become a master?His whole life from childhood.By 12 or 13 Bruce should be training to get to that level.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The torrents do not seem to be very popular.Walking dead and Arrow and Doctor Who have like 20 thousand seeders the nights they premiere a new episode.Gotham does'nt have the same level af seeders as Agents of Shield on premiere nights.Gotham only get's around 4 0r 5 thousand seeders on premiere nights.It's not that popular a show.It could only go one season friend.
    What are you talking about? Gotham is one of the top 25 programs at the moment. If it stays that way for the remainder of the season, that will be better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and much, much better than Arrow.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

There has not been that much written about Bruce's childhood by any Batman writer.One thing is true by most though that Bruce has a genius level intellect.You do not develop that you are born with it.To become a master martial artist takes a lifetime.A master not a good martial artist a master.I don't think you get that.How long did Bruce Lee train himself to become a master?His whole life from childhood.By 12 or 13 Bruce should be training to get to that level.
    We'll see him improve his self-defense in this season at some point I'm sure. Selina will start helping him in arts of urban gymnastics and not fighting fair at some point as well. Having Bruce take up karate by the 5th episode really wouldn't help make his development organic tho.

JohnQZ

Default 10 Things You Didn't Know About Gotham

This video is pretty interesting if you're a fan of the show. I didn't know much outside of the show.

BANNED

I've never heard of online piracy as a gauge of popularity. Interesting concept.

Since someone has to download (presumably to view) in order to become a seeder, isn't it also possible that these shows are SO popular that everyone is watching them live rather than needing to download them?