Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2481

Lightbulb Detective TV: American Shop

The development of these super-villains in a brooding Gotham creates nice hype for modernized Sherlock Holmes detective stories.

The Riddler

riddler.jpg

BANNED

I'm loving this show. I work so much tho so i'm behind like 1 or 2 episodes

Incredible Member

I finished it last night. I dunno, I went through liking it and not liking it. It has its pros and cons.
    I like a lot of the characters, like Bullock and Alfred... but they're not MY Bullcok or Alfred... but I can accept that in a "this is the ultimate universe version" thought process.

I hate all the bad CGI clouds all the time, it looks stupid. Just use the sky that's there and save yourself time and money.

I don't like when they try and go too cartoony, like Selina posing like a cat or the venom guy's faces and skin... you could do it almost the same but tastefully.

I do like how slow they're being and how everything is allowed to happen slowly, Harvey turns less evil, Gordon doesn't date Essen at all yet, Riddler isn't creepy yet just misunderstood. I like how the time for characters to develop and mature is given instead of just blurting it all out in one quick go.

I hated Penguin at the start because he was just Elias from Clerks 2, but grew to really like him. But my oh my, his mother is such a silly cartoony painful stereotype who couldn't act worse if she tried. There's not one ounce of real life in that mother.

So yeah, a mixed bag but with real potential. If they just keep doing the good parts right, and in season 2 become more tasteful then I think its got the potential to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    I finished it last night. I dunno, I went through liking it and not liking it. It has its pros and cons.
    I like a lot of the characters, like Bullock and Alfred... but they're not MY Bullcok or Alfred... but I can accept that in a "this is the ultimate universe version" thought process.

I hate all the bad CGI clouds all the time, it looks stupid. Just use the sky that's there and save yourself time and money.

I don't like when they try and go too cartoony, like Selina posing like a cat or the venom guy's faces and skin... you could do it almost the same but tastefully.

I do like how slow they're being and how everything is allowed to happen slowly, Harvey turns less evil, Gordon doesn't date Essen at all yet, Riddler isn't creepy yet just misunderstood. I like how the time for characters to develop and mature is given instead of just blurting it all out in one quick go.

I hated Penguin at the start because he was just Elias from Clerks 2, but grew to really like him. But my oh my, his mother is such a silly cartoony painful stereotype who couldn't act worse if she tried. There's not one ounce of real life in that mother.

So yeah, a mixed bag but with real potential. If they just keep doing the good parts right, and in season 2 become more tasteful then I think its got the potential to be great.
    Like the CGI comment. For crying out loud, just go out and film the sky

I love the slow development here. The only problem I have is here

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/gotham-interview/

Interesting interview but pretty solidly indicates we are going to get a "Smallville" in the sense that he won't be Batman until the last episode. Predictable and maybe the whole idea but probably not the payoff most people want. Rather, they want to eventually see what this version of Batman will be like and not just for one minute at the end.

I do like that he clearly states, as I thought was obvious so far, that this show has been mapped out in detail. I really don't get the people who can believe the show doesn't know what it's about.

Hopeful Comic Creator thewiseguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

Interesting interview but pretty solidly indicates we are going to get a "Smallville" in the sense that he won't be Batman until the last episode. Predictable and maybe the whole idea but probably not the payoff most people want. Rather, they want to eventually see what this version of Batman will be like and not just for one minute at the end.

I do like that he clearly states, as I thought was obvious so far, that this show has been mapped out in detail. I really don't get the people who can believe the show doesn't know what it's about.
    Not sure if its just me, but I always figured it was a given that they wouldn't show too much of batman in this series... I mean its supposed to be about Gotham, which is interesting since you never actually see anything about Gotham, instead just the characters in Gotham...

As for the show itself I really loved it, except for once they started with the whole love triangle nonsense... I hate when shows start with this distracting soap opera affair

Hopeful Comic Creator thewiseguy's Avatar

Not sure if its just me, but I always figured it was a given that they wouldn't show too much of batman in this series... I mean its supposed to be about Gotham, which is interesting since you never actually see anything about Gotham, instead just the characters in Gotham...

As for the show itself I really loved it, except for once they started with the whole love triangle nonsense... I hate when shows start with this distracting soap opera affair

Lightbulb Ivy Pepper: Eco-Terrorism Lunchbox

I'm feeling optimistic about the writers of this show working on story arc ideas pertinent to Ivy Pepper (the future Poison Ivy).

Poison Ivy is Gotham's most alluring eco-terrorist, and eco-terrorism is the hot topic for our times it seems.

The Monkey Wrench Gang

ivy.jpg

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewiseguy View Post
    Not sure if its just me, but I always figured it was a given that they wouldn't show too much of batman in this series... I mean its supposed to be about Gotham
    That and the actor playing Bruce is like 13. The show would have to be on a long time before he's even old enough to be Batman.

I really don't get the people who can believe the show doesn't know what it's about.
    For some reason people think if they don't know what the show is about then the show doesn't know.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 12-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    That and the actor playing Bruce is like 13. The show would have to be on a long time before he's even old enough to be Batman.
    I understand that. I had just hoped that, maybe, he might become Batman at 18. Then, if the show ran 7 seasons, we'd at least get a couple of seasons of Batman. But it doesn't look like that will happen.

Incredible Member

Maybe it'll be like Battlestar Gallactica and Caprica.... so Gotham will never see Batman, but then the show runners start a new show called Batman ?

BANNED

Default does anybody find some parts in the show laughable

like the overacting in the show. i mean you all agree that some moments with characters like fish mooney, harvey bullock, victor zsazz, the doctor who created the venom, etc. made you laugh right?

I want January episodes NOW!

Incredible Member

I can't wait either. C'mon January!

Spectacular Member

What age does Bruce become Batman? And do you guys think that the show will end when Bruce grows up and becomes Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    What age does Bruce become Batman? And do you guys think that the show will end when Bruce grows up and becomes Batman?
    I would assume around 22.