Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2481
    Extraordinary Member

If I had to guess, the show will probably end with Bruce leaving Gotham to seek out those who could teach him the skills he needs to become Batman with a flash forward at the very end of a now grownup Bruce-as-Batman meeting the newly appointed Police Commissioner James Gordon for the first time.

Or something like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    like the overacting in the show. i mean you all agree that some moments with characters like fish mooney, harvey bullock, victor zsazz, the doctor who created the venom, etc. made you laugh right?
    No, because I buy into the fact that this isn't the real world, it's a world where one day a guy will dress like a bat and beat up the mentally ill.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    What age does Bruce become Batman? And do you guys think that the show will end when Bruce grows up and becomes Batman?
    I'll go with a 10-year plan, with Bruce becoming Batman in the last episode.

That's 10 story-years. This doesn't preclude the possibility that the actor will reach an age where he can believably play a little older and they decide to jump forward a little. "One year later" sort of thing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    like the overacting in the show. i mean you all agree that some moments with characters like fish mooney, harvey bullock, victor zsazz, the doctor who created the venom, etc. made you laugh right?
    Why do you ask a question you know will be shot down by the vast majority of posters here? Also, since you're a self-confessed Marvel guy, I hope your post wasn't in any way meant to be trollish.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

IIRC in Batman Year One, Bruce left Gotham at 13 and returned at 25. He became Batman shortly after that, still at 25.

About when the show will end and how long it will run, the big driver will not be the story; it will be ratings. If it's making money, we'll keep seeing it (e.g. The Simpsons, the U.S. Office, etc.)

If the ratings go down and costs go up in season X, we'll see some kind of wrap up story. The show could hop to another network too, like NBC (who produces it) or Netflix or Amazon.

The producers need a some rough long term plan but they go for ratings episode to episode, always striving to get renewed for another season and keeping costs under control.

There's a non-business factor about long term stories and will we see Batman: David Mazouz growing up. He's listed in his IMBD resume as 5'0" and 86lbs. At 13, that's pretty small even for fit kids. I ran his stats at the CDC and got:
    David Mazouz 5'0" 86lbs: BMI 16.8 placing the BMI-for-age at the 14th percentile for boys aged 13

14th percentile with 5th to 85th percentiles listed as healthy. That means he's small for healthy kids his age.

Now he may be taller/heavier than his IMDB resume lists. Camren Bicondova was 4'11" 98lbs when she was announced as Selina on Gotham. At 15 now she's 5'1" 105lbs (taller than Fish now). And if you look at Camren's dance videos when she was 10-14 she was a *lot* smaller. So she's going through a growth spurt.

What if David stays smaller than average? The 6 main Hobbit actors were 5'5" to 5'7" ... what if David got up to 5'6", is that Batman sized? Ben McKenzie is 5'8" so I'd want Batman at least that height.

Who knows? Maybe David will go through a 3" or 4" growth spurt this off season. We'll see.

PS - Mazouz's parents are doctors! His mom is a psychotherapist and his dad is a physician.

PPS - come on January 5th!!!

Lightbulb Ivy Pepper: "Eco-Terrorism Good Card"

Eco-terrorism is simply a hot issue right now in our modern world of eco-conscious politics (i.e., Green Party).

This culture trend really began with the publishing of Edward Abbey's incendiary eco-terrorism hype novel "The Monkey Wrench Gang" (1975).

If "Gotham" (Fox TV) continues to present the clever presentation of the Batman (DC Comics) adapted character Ivy Pepper (the future maniacal eco-terrorist Poison Ivy), then audiences will be drawn to the show's satisfying balance between real world intrigue and urbanization-paranoia catering entertainment.

Ivy Pepper

pi.jpg

pi2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    There's a non-business factor about long term stories and will we see Batman: David Mazouz growing up. He's listed in his IMBD resume as 5'0" and 86lbs. At 13, that's pretty small even for fit kids. I ran his stats at the CDC and got:
    David Mazouz 5'0" 86lbs: BMI 16.8 placing the BMI-for-age at the 14th percentile for boys aged 13

14th percentile with 5th to 85th percentiles listed as healthy. That means he's small for healthy kids his age.

Now he may be taller/heavier than his IMDB resume lists. Camren Bicondova was 4'11" 98lbs when she was announced as Selina on Gotham. At 15 now she's 5'1" 105lbs (taller than Fish now). And if you look at Camren's dance videos when she was 10-14 she was a *lot* smaller. So she's going through a growth spurt.

What if David stays smaller than average? The 6 main Hobbit actors were 5'5" to 5'7" ... what if David got up to 5'6", is that Batman sized? Ben McKenzie is 5'8" so I'd want Batman at least that height.

Who knows? Maybe David will go through a 3" or 4" growth spurt this off season. We'll see.
    I thought about that too. Hopefully David will grow up to be at least 5'10, and it'd be great if he cracked 6', but if not, and they do want to show him as Batman in the final episode interacting with Gordon, there's always creative camera angles. Batman sticks to the shadows anyway. I hope they don't have to recast.

katie

IIRC in Batman Year One, Bruce left Gotham at 13 and returned at 25. He became Batman shortly after that, still at 25.

About when the show will end and how long it will run, the big driver will not be the story; it will be ratings. If it's making money, we'll keep seeing it (e.g. The Simpsons, the U.S. Office, etc.)

If the ratings go down and costs go up in season X, we'll see some kind of wrap up story. The show could hop to another network too, like NBC (who produces it) or Netflix or Amazon.

The producers need a some rough long term plan but they go for ratings episode to episode, always striving to get renewed for another season and keeping costs under control.

PS - Mazouz's parents are doctors! His mom is a psychotherapist and his dad is a physician.

PPS - come on January 5th!!!

He can get up only to 5'6'' or maybe, have a strong growth spurt. Look Asa Butterfield, when he was 13 years-old (in Hugo), he was so tiny http://pad.mymovies.it/cinemanews/20...ocabret_07.jpg. Now, at 17 years-old, his IMDB lists him as 5'11'' http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2633535/?ref_=nv_sr_2. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

That is short for an up-and-coming Batman, though. By 13, I was 5'7''. At 14, I was 5'9''. When I graduated high school, I was now 5'11'' (I grew an extra half inch in my early twenties). Though I have a large frame , I have never, ever considered myself a Batman type. Hopefully David can fool us and have a nice growth spurt, because it would be sad if someone as talented as he is might be replaced for a larger kid.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Lightbulb Urbanization Tiffin

I was thinking about why Batman (DC Comics) is so popular among comic book fans and fans of superhero movies.

Perhaps it is because Gotham City represents all of the modern era intrigue surrounding urbanization paranoia (crime, greed, vagrancy, etc.).

The Christian Bible suggests that at the time of the prophetic apocalypse, a proverbial army of darkness will rise to wage war against humanity on many fronts.

Perhaps it is indeed an army of darkness that challenges our modern world's management of high-traffic urban areas.

"Gotham" (Fox TV) has already introduced fans of Batman (DC Comics) to a plethora of dastardly maniacs such as Edward Nygma (the future diabolical Riddler), Ivy Pepper (the future ominous Poison Ivy), and Oswald Cobblepot (the future bizarre Penguin).

Penguin is just the type of nemesis to devise a Gotham City traffic light network malfunction; Poison Ivy just might dump dangerous toxins in Gotham's water reservoir.

I want to see how the development of Jim Gordon next season on "Gotham" (Fox TV) illuminates some of the general social meanderings associated with modern 'urbanization soothsaying.'

James Gordon

gordon.jpg

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    it's a world where one day a guy will dress like a bat and beat up the mentally ill.
    That's the funniest description of Batman ever! I actually laughed out loud.

I like the throwback style "Gotham" does including the actors, I suppose if one wants serious they can watch something like "Arrow" since I don't know much from Marvel that offers it
    Tony Stark chews up scenery like Fish Mooney, Spider-Man babbles like Nigma. Thor? If that's acting but I think Cat Girl is less wooden.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Hopefully David can fool us and have a nice growth spurt, because it would be sad if someone as talented as he is might be replaced for a larger kid.
    Michael Keaton is 5' 10" so far the shortest of the Batmen but people still like him. They could one day have a more armored look, with some weaponry I think David will be fine when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    That's the funniest description of Batman ever! I actually laughed out loud.

I like the throwback style "Gotham" does including the actors, I suppose if one wants serious they can watch something like "Arrow" since I don't know much from Marvel that offers it
    Tony Stark chews up scenery like Fish Mooney, Spider-Man babbles like Nigma. Thor? If that's acting but I think Cat Girl is less wooden.

Michael Keaton is 5' 10" so far the shortest of the Batmen but people still like him. They could one day have a more armored look, with some weaponry I think David will be fine when the time comes.
    Even if he ends up being 5'8", they can work with it. Back in the day, Robert Conrad, who is probably 5'6" or something regardless of publicity claims, pulled off playing a leading man James Bond style of character over and over. That could even be a great part of the disguise. Nobody suspects Bruce Wayne of being Batman because Bruce Wayne is 5'8" while Batman is at least 6 feet tall (in the bat suit/ armor). I remember one version of Batman's origin in the comics where he was still a teenager and overpowered the school bully and beat him senseless and the bully was whining, "But, but, you can't be stronger than me. I'm bigger than you."

Mild spoilers about the January 5th episode 11 from http://www.sneakpeek.ca/2014/12/goth...id-season.html
    spoilers:
    Take another look @ footage from the Mid-Season premiere of the Fox produced "Batman" prequel TV series "Gotham" airing January 5, 2015, as 'Detective Gordon' reports to duty @ 'Arkham Asylum':
    "...Gordon’s assignment at 'Arkham Asylum' gets off to a rocky start when the murder of a guard ignites an investigation, leading him to meet 'Dr. Leslie Thompkins' (Morena Baccarin).
    "Meanwhile, crippled killer 'Cobblepot' continues to build his army..."
    Guest cast also includes Drew Powell as 'Butch Gilzean', David Zayas as 'Maroni', Allyce Beasley as 'Dorothy Duncan', Isiah Whitlock Jr. as 'Gerry Lang', Kyle Massey as 'Mackey', Christopher Heyerdahl as 'Jack Gruber', Kevin McCormick as 'Aaron Helzinger' and Anthony Grasso as 'Ganza'.
    Click the images to enlarge and Sneak Peek "Gotham: Rogue's Gallery"...
    end of spoilers

I need to see David's parents to guess his future height.

Get on that, heyevaxx,

I hate these winter breaks.