Page 115 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2481

Good things about Gotham:
    Riddler
    Penguin
    Falcone, Maroni
    Harvey Bullock (despite being different from his comic book counterpart)
    Bruce Wayne
    Zsasz

Bad things about Gotham:
    Renee Montoya and Crispus Alan
    Barbara Kane
    Cases solved with leaps of logic
    Bad writing masked by good characterization
    plot moves to quickly (Gordon reinstated after one episode? COME ON)

Despite it's many flaws, I find the show extremely enjoyable. It and Hannibal are the only two shows I keep up with, barring a few anime (I have little patience with American television).

Quote Originally Posted by TheObesessor View Post
    Crispus Alan
    Well to make good characterisation you need to have good writing so the statement is kind of counteract itself. Yes the show as you mention has it problem with pacing which could be solved in having more two part stories. Making time for the crime story to unfold and thus making the need for Deus Ex Machina and quick answer to the murder mystery less needed. I don't understand why you can say Allen is a bad thing with the show since he has barely been in it and has maybe had like three lines in the show so far. I think we need to see more of him to make a final judgment. Many disliked the Riddler in the beginning as well.

I don't mind Allen.

He actually reminds me very much of a police friend of mine. Paricularly the way he interacts with Bullock in the first episode.

That whole "stay frosty" cocky charm seems very authentic to me.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

I for one still dislike the riddler he's getting a quirky reinvention like Penguin only its not working because his character was never about being weird

I'm not sure how the show is bad because it is a glorious representation of the dumb campy elements in Batman and Gotham city but I feel like half the plot since the pilot discovering the Wayne's killer has been dropped and now were on the other half which is ongoing gang war interspersed with villain of the week. The latter is great but we aren't getting enough of it.
    Also the cast is pretty big and they aren't even really focusing on Gordon(the main character) as much as they should

Riddler is a bit George Mcfly nerdy but it's still working for me.

I'm kinda glad they aren't focusing too much on the Wayne murders. Lots of crime in Gotham. And plenty of characters to explore.

I'm actually kinda surprised at how quickly Gordon is progressing in the department.

Saw today that a Joker storyline is coming before the end of the season. : )

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 14 "The Fearsome Dr. Crane" I liked the intro. Nice to see Maria Thayer show up. Nod to Professor Pyg. Morena Baccarin needs more screen time. I found the Fish Mooney, Riddler and Penguin story lines uninteresting. Although the ending has me curious.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Mighty Member

I liked how Cobblepot used his wits to get out of that car compactor

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I for one still dislike the riddler he's getting a quirky reinvention like Penguin only its not working because his character was never about being weird

I'm not sure how the show is bad because it is a glorious representation of the dumb campy elements in Batman and Gotham city but I feel like half the plot since the pilot discovering the Wayne's killer has been dropped and now were on the other half which is ongoing gang war interspersed with villain of the week. The latter is great but we aren't getting enough of it.
    Also the cast is pretty big and they aren't even really focusing on Gordon(the main character) as much as they should
    Both in the 66 show and in the Batman Forever show he is weird probably been shown this way other places as well. For him to go against stupidity and society it makes sense that he is treated they way he is for who he is. He is not appreciated nor valued which makes him turn against society. Besides many of the character has been tweaked to fit the show. Penguin never came for a poor family. His weird relationship with his mother I haven't seen or heard of before this.

First I said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    Great episode, great show. Falcone is really the boss...don't mess with the boss.
    BTW, I got a bad feeling Fish will escape and expose penguin to Maroni.
    Then last week, I said that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    I knew Fish would escape! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!!!
    Now to the next phase... Exposing Penguin.
    That's confirmed, I'M THE GOD OF GOTHAM!!!!
    ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE ME!
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Penguin is MVP of the show so far. I've gone from thinking he was one of the most overrated Bat villains to him being one of my favorites

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I like that Nygma got a little more nefarious to get what he wanted this week. He wasn't out and out super-villain but he crossed a line and then acted so innocent about it.
    It also seems they are avoiding him being jilted as his reason for going bad, more like him impressing her took one dark choice and that can lead to another and make it easier for him to go too far.

I wonder if Leslie will tolerate Nygma's help more than the last medical examiner did?

I liked how Cobblepot used his wits to get out of that car compactor
    That was good too. I wondered how they'd do it, he could just slip out but his threatening the guy was good.

I'd say that's a good thing. If I have to choose between the two, I'll take a show with competent actors as this is TV and not a book. Writing alone can't help a TV show if the actors aren't good.

Mind you I don't think the writing is bad on Gotham, it's maybe more comic book-y that people are used to but it's still good fun.

Come on, pirates boarded Fish's boat and she charged at him. I think she can handle herself but I'm sure there will be some drama first. Could Falcone be behind it or someone new?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

Come on, pirates boarded Fish's boat and she charged at him. I think she can handle herself but I'm sure there will be some drama first. Could Falcone be behind it or someone new?
    Tiger Shark? (no idea, just guessing)

That was my favorite episode by far, just great all around.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

That was a great episode.

They seem to be falling into a groove. We got just enough of everything.

No more tears from Bruce I'm guessing, eh?

Incredible Member

The show is getting better and better each week!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red_11 View Post
    Tiger Shark? (no idea, just guessing)

That was my favorite episode by far, just great all around.
    My friend and I thought that would be a great idea.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP