Page 134 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2481

Wow. Another fun episode.

With this episode's fatality, we take another step away from previously established continuity.

I'm cool with that. It's their own take, and I'm enjoying it for what it is.

I guess the plans to slowly introduce Joker, or to be ambiguous about it went out the window.

I do remember Heller saying something like "The people have made it known what they would like, and we plan to give it to them."

I guess the Joker show is it.

I'm cool with it.

Some of the music was very reminiscent of the original TV show to me.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

What happened to Crisp Allen and Renee Montoya?

Oh and GPD=worst cops ever.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Gotham season2 episode2

lows:
    * no Selina!
    * Alfred going to a bar to get Lucius' help and simultaneous threaten his life; so un-Alfred, brutish, and simple. And please dial back the UK jargon or put up subtitles when Alfie goes on a lingo bender.

silly:
    * A high powered, high caliber sniper rifle bullet is likely to go through a human target! That's ok, it's tv.
    * So Lucius is working on a computer PCB (a motherboard?) with a solder iron?!? WTF? If the data storage is intact, boot a new OS on new hardware and get to work with the data. Is this a unique, magic computer that must be repaired to process Bruce's father's secret projects? Ok, it's nitpicking but still. At least he didn't ask for a blow torch and a 3lb ball-peen hammer.

highs:
    * Jerome! He was fantastic and really shined with lots of screen time. His young Joker is great, I wouldn't change a thing. Tossing people off the building, the Russian Roulette power struggle, the school bus, at the police station, and on the video; just great all around.
    * Essen had been kind of a boring character but she really went out well, very intense.
    * Lucius was fantastic, cool and controlled under pressure. And his voice is a pleasure to listen to (unlike Alfred's).
    * Crazy Barbara is crazy! She was great this episode. I re-watched all last season and I like her character all the more. Her breakdown and then the Ogre and now being a nut-job - she's excellent. I didn't understand the pockets of fandom hate for her in s1. I hope now that she's got a very different role more viewers will enjoy her.
    * Bruce is really shaping up, determined, and iron willed. His response to Alfred breaking the computer, the farewell, and going to get him were right on.
    * I think they hit a casting home run with Aaron Helzinger - he's really good and the pipe to the head response of "Ow" was hilarious.

overall:
    An excellent episode, I really liked it (except for no Selina). I hope the Mayor sticks around (the actor is fantastic) and I'm glad Harvey is back on the force. Can't wait for next Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Umm yeah, that's completely believable. Being really smart doesn't preclude you from sometimes missing things that some would consider to be "obvious." Heck it's happened to Batman in the comics before, and that's when he's an adult with all of the training/experience, not a kid. Actually, being really smart could make that more likely since you'd never think that something could be that simple.

umm no, you are really stretching things.

He just tries random numbers, lol...

They had a chance to show his deduction skills and failed miserably. Thanks Bruno Heller, what a hack.

Mighty Member

Worder what Cobblepot was doing when the Arkham inmates were on the rampage?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

It's more believable than the bat-god version of Bruce some of the comics use where the moment his parents die he becomes a genius and Batman right then and there.

i don't know what comics you are referring to, but the password was as simple as it could get, other than someones birth date. Imagine if it was a difficult puzzle to solve?

this was hardly believable,

oh and god darn is the casting for Alfred terrible, wth were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Gotham season2 episode2

lows:
    * no Selina!
    An excellent episode, I really liked it (except for no Selina). I hope the Mayor sticks around (the actor is fantastic) and I'm glad Harvey is back on the force. Can't wait for next Monday!
    I think she (camren) is really struggling and the producers are limiting her role. I wish she was a little better, but it is her first acting gig

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I think she (camren) is really struggling and the producers are limiting her role. I wish she was a little better, but it is her first acting gig
    Why do you think this?

I think Camren's acting has been fine and much better than I expected for a first time actor. In s1 I liked her time at the manor, going to The Flea with Bruce, crashing at Barbara's, the snow globe scene, her stealing a kiss from Bruce, the ball, the bit with Reggie, and then the shouting and threats with Bruce about not telling anyone about Reg. She's been great. Now, the season 1 finale was a big "Huh?" moment but that's the writers, not her.

There's absolutely zero indication from any source that she's having issues and producers are cutting her role. Heck, Penguin wasn't even in this episode. And this episode was big for Jerome, Essen, and Barbara so not every character could be in it. I'm just a big Catwoman fan so I want her in every episode.

You may have missed it in the first episode, Selina was revealed among the members of Penguins inner circle. This strongly suggests to me that the character will feature prominently in this seasons storyline.

Of course, That's not surprising. in the first season Selina showed herself to a Tough, Intelligent, Highly resourceful survivor. She met, interacted with and impressed a number of the other lead characters including Jim Gorden, Bruce Wayne, Alfred(Maybe?) and Fish Mooney.

Penguin is a Brilliant, Ruthless, Master Manipulator and a shrewd judge of character. Selina isn't there because she has pretty eyes; She's there because Penguin recognizes that she is a uniquely capable young lady and He believes that Selina can be used as a tool to help Him grow his empire.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

umm no, you are really stretching things.

He just tries random numbers, lol...

They had a chance to show his deduction skills and failed miserably. Thanks Bruno Heller, what a hack.
    How exactly was he supposed to deduce that Thomas would be that obvious when selecting a password? Especially at the age he's depicted as.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    With this episode's fatality, we take another step away from previously established continuity.
    The timing was different but in the comics she was killed by Joker and here she was killed by proto-Joker Jerome.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    What happened to Crisp Allen and Renee Montoya?

Oh and GPD=worst cops ever.
    Allen and Montoya were dropped from the show (with everybody dropping lke flies maybe they'll have room for them in the future?) And yeah, I think it's canon the GCPD are terrible

i don't know what comics you are referring to, but the password was as simple as it could get, other than someones birth date. Imagine if it was a difficult puzzle to solve?

this was hardly believable
    It's completely believable to everyone else in this thread and they've said so...

That they were going another way with the character. In this case more like the new Earth One book Alfred.

The casting isn't wrong if they are deliberately changing a character. A writer is not a "hack" just because he makes choices you don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    You may have missed it in the first episode, Selina was revealed among the members of Penguins inner circle. This strongly suggests to me that the character will feature prominently in this seasons storyline.
    Yeah, the show has a lot of characters to juggle. She's with Penguin and he's not being featured during the Maniax storyline. Kind of like the first season where she just hopped around for a while before being tied more into Bruce's storyline.

this was hardly believable,

Sometimes the most simple passwords are the most effective because no one would deduce someone to be so obvious. Many times, a password is just a series or letters and/or numbers that the person thinks will be easy to remember for them, not something others will instantly think of.

And again, this Bruce is still just a kid.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sometimes the most simple passwords are the most effective because no one would deduce someone to be so obvious. Many times, a password is just a series or letters and/or numbers that the person thinks will be easy to remember for them, not something others will instantly think of.

And again, this Bruce is still just a kid.
    Exactly. In fact, Bruce had a look on his face that showed he wasn't expecting such an obvious code.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

OMG! You're out of your mind. This is a great portrayal.

I love what they're doing with his relationship with young Bruce.

Awesome in every way.

I like her, but I don't think she's ready to carry the show. Limiting each character's exposure is just a better idea. Leave the people wanting more. She's working for me this season.

And I'm sure she'll end up with a showcase episode.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    The timing was different but in the comics she was killed by Joker and here she was killed by proto-Joker Jerome.
    Still...Maroni's dead before scarring Harvey, Essen is dead before falling in love with Jim, Barbara is a maniac....

I think it's safe to say this is it's own show.

Unless there's a Sal Maroni Jr, a second Sarah Essen and Jim isn't put off by the name Barbara so much that he swears off chicks with that name forever.

Allen and Montoya were dropped from the show (with everybody dropping lke flies maybe they'll have room for them in the future?)
    I hadn't read about the characters or the actors being dropped. Did you read this, or is it just an assumption based on the fact that they haven't been in a couple episodes?

I figure we'll see them when the story presents itself. Major crimes is bound to be pretty busy with what's going on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sometimes the most simple passwords are the most effective...
    That moment was brilliant and hilarious. Bruce thought right past the answer, as one tends to do with any good riddle.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I hadn't read about the characters or the actors being dropped. Did you read this, or is it just an assumption based on the fact that they haven't been in a couple episodes?

I figure we'll see them when the story presents itself. Major crimes is bound to be pretty busy with what's going on now.
    http://tvline.com/2015/08/02/penny-l...dding-married/

"Question: Do you have any info as to who will not be returning for Gotham Season 2 as a series regular? (Other than Jada Pinkett-Smith, I assume.) —Alex

Ausiello: Matt Mitovich did some digging around and learned that, as suspected, neither Victoria Cartagena nor Andrew Stewart-Jones (AKA Montoya and Allen) will return as regulars. Meanwhile, though Michael Chiklis is coming on board as GCPD Captain Nathaniel Barnes, Zabryna Guevara, who plays Captain Essen, is still a series regular — and in fact will play a key role this season."