Page 16 of 166 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Oh definitely friend. I think the Joker has been done to death, so I hope Gotham brings in the rest of the rogues gallery and gives us some decent characterisation.

I guess you guys may know, but i just found out Montoya and Allen feature prominently. YES

Sounds promising. What about Harvey Bullock? Seriously though, I am looking forward to this as I feel something has been missing in my Bat appreciation of late.
    I can only watch the films so many times and I dont even like all of them but I have given even the least favorite on my list two viewings. This could be a nice companion piece to Batman Begins, what with the flashback to little Bruce and him being in the new series or at least that is what some of the commercial ads are implying.

Its not a flashback, capeandcowl. Thats where the series starts, at the Wayne Murders

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Its not a flashback, capeandcowl. Thats where the series starts, at the Wayne Murders
    Yes, I know friend, I meant the scenes of him in the ads reminded me of the flashbacks in Batman Begins.
    What are you most looking forward to in the new series?

Quote Originally Posted by CapeandCowl View Post
    Yes, I know friend, I meant the scenes of him in the ads reminded me of the flashbacks in Batman Begins.
    What are you most looking forward to in the new series?
    Everything, really. This is like a dream come true. Finally, a live action Batman series.

I wonder how Bruce and Selina will interact. It looks like she saw the murders. As shown on the Fox preview show tonight.

Really looking forward to all the little easter eggs that i am sure will pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I guess you guys may know, but i just found out Montoya and Allen feature prominently. YES
    Their late intro in the promos is what finally drew my attention to the show.
    Although From the preview it's definitely a different take on the characters, they seem to be more antagonistic, and not working with Gordon. And now they are the vets while Gordon is the rookie, and in a different unit - "Major Crimes Unit.
    Not sure how sympathetic or likable they will be.
    They could end up as allies, and regulars. Or they may be there just to get killed. Just character stepping stones to show Gordon's is the right direction...LOL, we will see.

What I'd love to see if it's successful, is Montoya and Allen adopting their own new hero id's and spun off into their own or crossed over into Constantine.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-03-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I wouldn't think they'd kill off Montoya since she isn't dead in any comics but Allen has in the past been The Spectre but I doubt they'd do that in Gotham (unless they plan to kill him in Gotham and resurrect him in Constantine)

Netflix has already purchased the right to have this season of Gotham available to it's subscribers in 2015 after it's broadcast
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/02/netflix-gotham-fox/

Nice influx of cash and maybe another sign they are committed to getting it out to people.

This is a very mild spoiler. I'm super thrilled about episode 2, my #1 character is in the spotlight very quickly!

Gotham Spoilers: Title & Description For Episode 2
    spoilers:
    FOX has released an official description for the second episode of Gotham, which airs on September 29 and is called "Selina Kyle."

GORDON AND BULLOCK INVESTIGATE A CHILD TRAFFICKING RING ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, ON FOX

Detectives Gordon and Bullock investigate a child trafficking ring preying on Gotham's street kids, including Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova). Meanwhile, Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) resurfaces in the countryside and begins to make his way back to GOTHAM, leaving victims in his wake in the all-new "Selina Kyle" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-102) (TV-14 D, L, V)
    end of spoilers
    Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Carol Kane as Gertrud Kapelput, Frank Whaley as Doug, Lili Taylor as Patti, Richard Kind as Mayor Aubrey James, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Kyle Massey as Macky

I am so psyched for the show. Only 10 days!!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    I am so psyched for the show. Only 10 days!!
    Same here. Just watched Gotham - the Legend Reborn last night. This is going to be amazing!

Just a heads up for people interested in the Gotham Central comic. Today (September 13) only, Amazon's deal of the day is a digital copy of the recent Volume 1 hardcover for $2.99US.

http://www.amazon.com/Gotham-Central...gotham+central
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

10632393_1464434650504315_805237831_n.jpg
    Nothing Commissioner Gordon can't handle! Benjamin McKenzie made a trip to the hospital (and on his 36th birthday!) after he suffered an injury while taping his TV series Gotham in NYC on Friday, Sept. 12.

"Happy Birthday to me. Fight sequence gone awry. Don't ram your head into concrete pillars kids. #gotham," the actor captioned an Instagram picture of himself with a bandage on his forehead. "Holy concrete wall, Batman! #gotham," he added.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz3DHRY9TQZ

Looks like it was quite the gash there. The bandage photo is apparently a mirror feature pic as the cut is above his right eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Same here. Just watched Gotham - the Legend Reborn last night. This is going to be amazing!
    I just did too! LOL

If GOTHAM's 1st episode and season are good enough, they can totally go the SMALLVILLE route and take us through every single step-by-agonizing-step from Bruce Wayne orphan all the way to Batman's 1st official mission. Seriously, I don't need no stinkin' time jump. I can wait 10 seasons for a 23-year-old Caped Crusader's debut if the show is good enough.