Page 25 of 166 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Nah DC has to many roof top runners and vigialantes in their years of publication to do that.Sherlock Holmes is all over the place these days 2 recent movies and 2 tv shows is enough of him.Crimson Avenger would be better he predated Batman in Detective Comics and could be cool if mixed with Geoff Johns JSA version.Kinda like this[
    I was only half serious, but no I think having a proto-Batman running around before Batman himself would be dumb on so many levels. It makes the impact of Batman himself redundant, you may as well give people a Batman show or a Gotham Central show if they went that route.

They obviously set this show during this time to push the whole lack of vigilante aspect onto Gotham. The show is going kinda Life on Mars meets Gotham
    I wouldn't really expect Batman or any other vigilantes to show up but they do kinda have Catgirl already and she's supposed to be protecting lil Bruce so that could go either way
    I think if there's too much of a demand for Batman or whoever and the show is popular enough they'd probably greenlit a spin off

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I was only half serious, but no I think having a proto-Batman running around before Batman himself would be dumb on so many levels. It makes the impact of Batman himself redundant, you may as well give people a Batman show or a Gotham Central show if they went that route.
    Pretty much.

BANNED

They did that in DC universe for years and it worked.It does'nt take away from him.Another cop show on TV in a different genre is still shit for me. There are enough damn cop shows on tv and now the net it's redundant as hell not to mention I see alot of past law and order cast offs already on this show.If no vigilantes show up by the middle of series I'm out.The pilot was pretty boring compared to the Flash pilot and Arrow pilot.I liked those from the start.If you're gonna do superheroes do them.Don't come half assed.Who wants to see that?
    Last edited by doodledude; 09-23-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

They did that in DC universe for years and it worked.It does'nt take away from him.Another cop show on TV in a different genre is still shit for me there are enough damn cop shows on tv and now the net it's redundant as hell not to mention I see alot of past law and order cast offs already on this show.If no vigilantes show up by the middle of series I'm out pilot was pretty boring compared to the Flash pilot and Arrow pilot.I liked those from the start.If you're gonna do superheroes do them.Don't come half assed.Who wants to see that?
    This isn't the DC Universe anymore than the Nolan-verse was the DC Universe. If they wanted to do a show about a vigilante set in Gotham, they would do a Batman show, not settle for a prototypical Batman that the audience isn't familiar with. If you don't want to watch a cop show, I feel you, but maybe this show just isn't for you in that case.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Somebody missed Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and House of Cards. TV has been getting awesome.
    And Supernatural, Justified, Walking Dead, Orphan Black, Vikings, etc, etc.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Montoya and Jim seems to be the same age that kinda rubs me the wrong way other than that i enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    The way Bullock talks and his basic reactions is close enough, that's what I call ok. The final scene was not ok and I agree that it was the main problem of the show. They should have used Flass as the partner and Bullock as Montoya's partner. A rival jerk who turns out to be right. In that case, the personality should be the loud temperamental boss, close to Perry White, Dan Turpin (in evil, the Scarface dummy) only sloppier, stubborn and hard to work with.

The Riddler is socially awkward in that he is petulant, narcissistic, and yeas a geek, not a dorky spaz. Gorshin basically created the character, but good characterizations make the riddles sound interesting, not lame and dorky. His attitude shouldn't be eager to please, but looking down at people because they can't think like him. Bullock would find him weird either way.
    The key point is that this is before any of them has power and has become the characters as we know them. Therefore they act different and will later become what we know them for. People does change over time. People aren't born as a ruthless kingpin or a narcissistic genius. It is very likely that a person will abandon people and hate them if the person has been disrespected earlier.

BANNED

This isn't the DC Universe anymore than the Nolan-verse was the DC Universe. If they wanted to do a show about a vigilante set in Gotham, they would do a Batman show, not settle for a prototypical Batman that the audience isn't familiar with. If you don't want to watch a cop show, I feel you, but maybe this show just isn't for you in that case.
    The name of DC came from Batman's Detective comics.It is a DC universe whenever those characters from his comics are involved.They are alternate universes that split from original subject matter.Or you could say alternate stories from the original stories.I can tell you this if this show does not get ratings it will be cancelled as quik as shit on ice.Fox has had better shows with low ratings that they did'nt even give a chance to find an audience.
    Last edited by doodledude; 09-23-2014 at 02:41 PM.

BANNED

The name of DC came from Batman's Detective comics.It is a DC universe whenever those characters from his comics are involved.They are alternate universes that split from original subject matter.Or you could say alternate stories from the original stories.I can tell you this if this show does not get ratings it will be cancelled as quik as shit on ice.Fox has had better shows with low ratings that they did'nt even give a chance to find an audience.
    So needlessly aggressive all of a sudden. What are you even talking about now? Shows with low ratings get cancelled? Well that's a shocker.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Do you seriously think Gotham's ratings will be lower than Arrow?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I loved the pilot, surprised and thrilled to say the series is off to a great start.

Re: Ivy's name....gee, maybe well learn more in upcoming episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Re: Ivy's name....gee, maybe well learn more in upcoming episodes?
    There's no reason why in the future she can't wind up as Pamela Isley

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There's no reason why in the future she can't wind up as Pamela Isley
    Also, her nickname could be "Ivy" since she likes plants.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Also, her nickname could be "Ivy" since she likes plants.
    True. At the moment, her name might be Pamela "Ivy" Pepper.