Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

It actually looks dumb to me, but I'm gonna watch it anyways. I'll be watching with rock bottom expectations and will be very easy to please.

What they need to do to avoid Smallvilleism is not confine the show to "one season=one year." They shouldn't be afraid to jump a couple of years in between seasons. This way they can more naturally progress the storyline instead of trying to cram too much Batman stuff too early in the timeline. And since Bruce doesn't need to show back up as Batman until he's 30ish, they shouldn't have to fear hitting Batman too early.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Forever View Post
    It actually looks dumb to me, but I'm gonna watch it anyways. I'll be watching with rock bottom expectations and will be very easy to please.
    Says a dude named Batman Forever

How could you not get chills when the title screen pops up: Gotham... and then you see the blimp in the skyline?! This is the live-action show that my inner-child longs for!

I wasn't as hyped initially, but this really could be incredible. Such a different take on an comic book origin tv show compared to the Smallville/Arrow/Flash CW-ness (not saying they're not good - I'm just glad DC took a different route with Gotham).

Of course, I'm excited to see a young Selina as well.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 05-05-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: meow.

I recall reading (twitter, tumblr? I can't find it now) a production team member saying that Camren was really working out on set, with flips IIRC. Can't wait to see!

I think Camren is 14 and should be about to turn 15 sometime this month. Her birthday is hard to track down but on her 13th birthday this video was shot and it was uploaded to YouTube (video link) on May 22 2012.

Regarding Matha Wayne's famous pearls being missing from clip, they're there and then gone when she's shot. I'd be really surprised if they'd missed this. Here's a side by side:

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Hahahahahaha that's so hilariously stupid looking. Credit to the kid playing young Bruce for looking genuinely traumatized, but even that credit is negated with "I'm learning to conquer my fears" or whatever the hell exactly they made that poor young man actually say out loud, as if that's something any human being would ever say with the intent of it being viewed by as many people as possible. I'm almost genuinely excited just on the basis of how bonkers this is going to be. At least as long as if it ends with Batman making his first appearance by punching a geriatric Edward Nygma and his colon just popping like a water balloon.

Calling it now: Dick Grayson will appear and be fighting crime at Bruce's side before the series is over.

Spectacular Member

My interest in this show immediately went from zero to great. And I see Rome's Bruno Heller wrote the pilot? Yup, totally on board.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Hahahahahaha that's so hilariously stupid looking. Credit to the kid playing young Bruce for looking genuinely traumatized, but even that credit is negated with "I'm learning to conquer my fears" or whatever the hell exactly they made that poor young man actually say out loud, as if that's something any human being would ever say with the intent of it being viewed by as many people as possible. I'm almost genuinely excited just on the basis of how bonkers this is going to be. At least as long as if it ends with Batman making his first appearance by punching a geriatric Edward Nygma and his colon just popping like a water balloon.

Calling it now: Dick Grayson will appear and be fighting crime at Bruce's side before the series is over.
    You mean the Edward Nygma who's maybe 10-15 years older than Bruce. So if Bruce becomes Batman in his late 20's to early 30's, that's going to make Nygma in his mid 40's at the oldest. I don't know many "geriatrics" that are that young.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

This has gotten me excited for the show, which I was not before! And that Poison Ivy part. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    I recall reading (twitter, tumblr? I can't find it now) a production team member saying that Camren was really working out on set, with flips IIRC. Can't wait to see!

I think Camren is 14 and should be about to turn 15 sometime this month. Her birthday is hard to track down but on her 13th birthday this video was shot and it was uploaded to YouTube (video link) on May 22 2012.

Regarding Matha Wayne's famous pearls being missing from clip, they're there and then gone when she's shot. I'd be really surprised if they'd missed this. Here's a side by side:
    That, in at least my guess, maybe because they did a jump cut, he maybe hands the killer the pearls before they get shot. Idk XD

Who is the woman with the red dye in her hair by the way?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-06-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    My interest in this show immediately went from zero to great. And I see Rome's Bruno Heller wrote the pilot? Yup, totally on board.
    He's the same Bruno Heller who created, and then recently ruined, The Mentalist.

This looks terrible. Selina and Bullock look interesting though.

it definitely looks good. Can't wait to see it now!

Now this puts me in a predicament. Fox, and the concept young villains vs an amazing trailer and Donal Logue. Gotham has to be the show where my excitement for it fluctuates the most in it's build-up. I was interested when it was first announced, skeptical when Fox picked it up, lost interest with young versions of established villains making appearances, and now my excitement level has increased a bit with that fantastic trailer. It looks like it could at least equal Arrow in quality.

About Fox, while they've had a lot of failures they also have a surprising success every now and then. In particular, the new Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson has an IMDB of 9.5 and Metacritic 82/8.4. That show came about due to the right people meeting at the right time and great casting and production team staffing. Let's hope Gotham will be another example like the new Cosmos.

Also, I just looked at the IMDB cast again and remembered that Renee Montoya and Crispus Allen are listed which I'm very excited for, especially Renee. Both have been neglected in New 52 (along with Cass Cain - bring her back DC!!!) so seeing them on screen will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    About Fox, while they've had a lot of failures they also have a surprising success every now and then. In particular, the new Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson has an IMDB of 9.5 and Metacritic 82/8.4. That show came about due to the right people meeting at the right time and great casting and production team staffing. Let's hope Gotham will be another example like the new Cosmos.
    The crucial difference here is that Cosmos is a documentary that was hyped up to the wazoo.