Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Plus, the villains that they're using make sense as well. None of these people need Batman around to be bad:

1. Oswald Cobblepot is a mob boss. Here, he's still a mobster just not a boss yet. I think that the show will chronicle his rise to power in the Gotham underworld. You don't need Batman for that.

2. Edward Nygma is an arrogant genius who likes to play mind games and is obsessed with puzzles. Again, you don't need Batman for that.

3. Pamela Isley is an environmental nut who has an obsession with plants. No need for Batman there either.

4. Selina Kyle is a street-smart thief, same deal.

All that Batman's arrival really does is to convince these people to put on costumes of their own and act more theatrical.

Hopefully the connections between the characters aren't too overdeveloped.

This show needs to be a little more of a crime drama and a little less Smallville for me to stay on board.

If we start seeing too much of young Bruce clashing with/teaming up with the young rogues it could get a bit silly I think.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Hopefully the connections between the characters aren't too overdeveloped.

This show needs to be a little more of a crime drama and a little less Smallville for me to stay on board.

If we start seeing too much of young Bruce clashing with/teaming up with the young rogues it could get a bit silly I think.
    I agree with this.

I liked the trailer. I'm definitely on board to give the show a shot.

Just hope we get some more previews prior to whenever it premiers in the fall.

Fairly impressed. Hope it doesn't disappoint. My fear is it will rely on young Bruce too much.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post
    He's the same Bruno Heller who created, and then recently ruined, The Mentalist.
    That's a shame that he had to dumb himself down for network TV audiences. I haven't seen it but I also still have no intention of seeing it.

Just saw the trailer

my thoughts
    1- The guy who is playing Penguin, my god, what a perfect pitch, just brilliant! the rest is ok.
    2- I pretty much hated the Sound on the trailer as being the sound for Nolan´s movies, I know why they did it, it was just very distracting
    3- I disliked the scene of the death of the waynes, just not well shot, just too much light, a lot of overacting(Ms Wayne specially), it just needed less
    4- Im very excited for this, looking forward

I'm really looking forward to this. The trailer gives me even more reason to check it out.
    Throw me to the Wolves... And I'll come back leading the Pack.

I hope they jump forward in time every so often like they do in Vikings, I don't really want to watch a show for 10 years just to see him put the costume on at the end (like Smallville which will probably be the case)

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    I hope they jump forward in time every so often like they do in Vikings, I don't really want to watch a show for 10 years just to see him put the costume on at the end (like Smallville which will probably be the case)
    I think now that Fox got their hands on the Batverse again they won't let it got that easy. They will do anything and everything as long as they can profit from it somehow...

About the trailer, everyday that passes I'm more convinced Jim Gordon needs tha stache...
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

New interview up, and any and all enthusiasm I might have had that it would at least be a hoot is stone dead. This ******* could not possibly have less of an idea what the hell he's talking about. Bonus points for saying that the best part about Batman is that no one has powers (an asinine and reductive statement in and of itself) in response to a trailer with a young Poison Ivy in it.

At least DC's being fair in getting someone as ashamed of Batman to make his newest show as they are of Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    New interview up, and any and all enthusiasm I might have had that it would at least be a hoot is stone dead. This ******* could not possibly have less of an idea what the hell he's talking about. Bonus points for saying that the best part about Batman is that no one has powers (an asinine and reductive statement in and of itself) in response to a trailer with a young Poison Ivy in it.

At least DC's being fair in getting someone as ashamed of Batman to make his newest show as they are of Superman.
    I see it the opposite. Any version of Batman worth its salt has to do something fresh with the characters and setting, and it seems like this guy's going for it. I wasn't at all interested but after that interview and actually watching the trailer, I don't watch much TV but I'll give this a shot.

Looked good, had an Arrow feel to it which seeing that i'm loving Arrow absolute right now that's a good thing. The casting of Catwoman is sound. I'm not that big on having to make the actor look exactly like the character, but it doesn't hurt if that happens to be the case like here with the Catwoman choice.

Donal Logue is a great casting choice also, although i kind of wish he was Gordon... in his younger days he could've been. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    They do that and I'll be angry!

I was really excited for this and then i saw "FOX" and lost all hope. I've watched FOX forever and they've had so many failed shows it's sad. All networks have failed shows but FOX is the worst about it IMO. I'll watch it but I have no expectations it will do well. At least then I won't be disappointed when it gets cancelled halfway through the first season. The cast looks good though. Donal Logue is a solid actor though so maybe he can save it with FOX running it.
    You know the reason Fox has failed shows, right? It's because they're the one network that give real genre shows a chance. Firefly is the famous example that everyone likes to toss out there, but if it weren't for Fox, Firefly probably would have never been given the light of day same with Dollhouse, Fringe, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Arrested Development (not a genre show, but still a rather off beat show) ect. Fox is a business like all the other networks, so it can't keep shows that are below their threshold, but the reason that they get as much crap thrown at them as they do is because they are practically alone in bold network programming.

Astonishing Member

The nice thing about the show being about, ostensibly, the GCPD for the most part, is that we can have something like "young future super-villain runs afoul of the cops" without them ever meeting Bruce Wayne or anything like that.

Now, a show like this is already dangerously and more than likely crossing the line of what I like to call "Snake Eyes Syndrome" - where you discover that all your characters have secret origins that revolve around one guy - they've all met in the past. But the difference with a show like Gotham is that the entire idea of that is inherent to the premise. You have to accept it up front or else you're never going to be able to get past it.

We can meet a 15 year old Joker who's just a street con-man, getting the tourists with three-card monte, or something ... who the cops might interact with but never get an ID on, or something, and it doesn't strain credulity ... because you know ... COPS. My big concern with a Joker appearance, or a "Jack" appearance, rather ... is that they'll be unable to contain themselves with putting these elaborate mythological themes on top of him about anarchy and chaos and entropy and cosmic bullsh**. I'm pretty sick of that. For starters, I like my post-acid dip Joker to have motives, anyway, and this is way before he takes a dive in the industrial baptismal font.

Motives. That key thing in every detective mystery story ever.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 05-09-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com