Page 59 of 166 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Man, this show is getting good! I thought the first episode was a little cheesy, but that's to be expected with pilots. They are doing a good job setting up the bleakness and corruption of Gotham and balancing what the characters really well despite my initial concerns there were too many.

Is Scarecrow going to be in the next episode?
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    Is Scarecrow going to be in the next episode?
    Looks like some kind of proto Scarecrow.

Just caught up, watching the first four episodes in the last few days. I really like it. The funny thing is that, in a newspaper article I read, they went on about how it would be more fun and lighthearted than the recent movies. I'm still waiting for that lightheartedness. In fact, I'm kind of tempted to go out and buy a Batman '66 collection just to off-set it. But I still really like it.

Obviously, they are going with the psychotic version of the Penguin but it seems to be working amazingly well.

I liked "Smallville" in some ways but one thing I always found detracted from it was having a full grown 24 year old man playing a character who was supposed to be 14 years old at the start. With the rest of the teenage cast likewise being played by adults, this often led to situations where a bunch of kids were doing things they wouldn't really be doing until sometime in college. So I really like that Bruce Wayne as a boy is played by a boy. I keep forgetting to look up how old the actor is. But clearly not 24. For the episodes I've seen so far, this forces him to be a minor character with a few scenes per episode but also allows for a slow and detailed process of becoming Batman.

I've really not been this hyped about Batman for a long time.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

Is Venom green in the comics? I always thought it was black (though Viper is a prototype so the color could be different). I ask because the green gas reminded me of Joker gas and I was wondering if this was done on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefHookUps View Post
    Is Venom green in the comics? I always thought it was black (though Viper is a prototype so the color could be different). I ask because the green gas reminded me of Joker gas and I was wondering if this was done on purpose.
    It was green in Batman and Robin. Also the pills Batman took in Dennis O'Neil's story Venom was green and yellow (the first issue has the venom pills as green and white).

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    Interesting twist to the Venom concept from the comics sure its not the last time it will pop up.

Still found the Fish Mooney scenes cringe worthy and I think the show would do much better with her character cut out. I also don't understand the idea that she needs to "train" a beautiful girl who looks like she has the face of Victoria's secret model how to seduce/charm men. I mean she wasn't exactly some homely plain jane who needed to be turned into a vixen. I think that entire subplot is just so predictable and obvious. We can see the betrayal a mile away. Liza will "fall in love" with Falcone and betray Mooney. I just dont see any intrigue with this but as a way to shoe horn her into the main plot.

Also found it odd that Penguins arc as been regressed heavily since the last few episodes. He goes from cowering, nervous, inept henchman of Mooney to competent, ruthless, vicious serial killer and now he's cowering as the mob bosses goons again? Where did his balls go? It seemed like he regressed and for unexplained reasons...
    Because Fish knew that Falcone would need someone with more style and less of a vixen.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 10-22-2014 at 01:03 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Because Fish knew that Falcone would need someone with more style and less of a vixen.
    Right. She has to be someone Falcone would be attracted to in a meaningful way. While she was very pretty before her transformation, there's no way Falcone would have taken her seriously.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

Thanks Tupiaz!

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefHookUps View Post
    Thanks Tupiaz!
    You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. She has to be someone Falcone would be attracted to in a meaningful way. While she was very pretty before her transformation, there's no way Falcone would have taken her seriously.
    Exactly. I thought it it was done quite well with the music and her being dressed in white and looking very pure and different from her first look and contrasted it quite well. It was maybe a bit over the top and corny with them sitting together and listening to the music together but in general it was fine.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    If Falcone has to rebuild, then he didn't lose, he's just dealing with a setback.
    Again, I just said that as one possibility. They don't have to match Year One.

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Pure garbage you should'nt have to cheerlead a show into being good it should just be good.It's still a lost show and does not have momentum.At least we have two other DC shows that are worth watching.
    I hate to break it to you babe but the show's ah huge hit for FOX:
    One blazing bright spot on the network's schedule is "Gotham," the Batman prequel centered on Detective Jim Gordon. Consistently ranked in the top 25, the show is Fox's highest-rated fall drama debut in 14 years.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/losangele...ash-other.html

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I really didn't like any of the Viper stuff, it just all looked really bad.

Everything else was great, though. Especially, Alfred beginning to help Bruce in his detective work and everything with Maroni and Penguin/Cobblepot.
    I didn't love the CGI for the Viper gas, it was minor nitpick from me. I agree the stuff with Bruce/Alfred was cool. Bruce showing initiative but not being too bat-god.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Just caught up, watching the first four episodes in the last few days. I really like it. The funny thing is that, in a newspaper article I read, they went on about how it would be more fun and lighthearted than the recent movies. I'm still waiting for that lightheartedness. In fact, I'm kind of tempted to go out and buy a Batman '66 collection just to off-set it. But I still really like it.
    LOL, well even here we seem to debate what "lighter" and "camp" mean with some arguing it's too campy or restricted by being network and others it's too dark. It's more stylized than the Nolan movies but I like all the bats so it's good by me too.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Nice to see they toned down the in your face easter eggs.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

So I guess Alfred is home-schooling Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    So I guess Alfred is home-schooling Bruce?
    Maybe he goes to school off screen.

this show is so cheesy
    I mean everything with gordon and bullock is like straight up camp police detectives and then when they want to go back to the mob and maroni war it gets serious again...
    If the show maintaned the mob war tone it would be a great show but all this jokey corrupt bullock stuff is hampering Gordon's development as a character. Donal Logue gets to chew scenes and show is acting chops more than he should, I mean he's not fish mooney(a character who is doing it properly and not coming off as one note).
    lil bruce still isn't training but I guess everyone treating him like he's an adult besides alfred is good enough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    this show is so cheesy
    I mean everything with gordon and bullock is like straight up camp police detectives and then when they want to go back to the mob and maroni war it gets serious again...
    If the show maintaned the mob war tone it would be a great show but all this jokey corrupt bullock stuff is hampering Gordon's development as a character. Donal Logue gets to chew scenes and show is acting chops more than he should, I mean he's not fish mooney(a character who is doing it properly and not coming off as one note).
    lil bruce still isn't training but I guess everyone treating him like he's an adult besides alfred is good enough
    Arguably, the kind of research Bruce is doing now is the same kind he will be doing in the future, so he is "training". Just not his body yet.