Page 9 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    There were two VIP cast and press screenings in NYC and LA for Gotham that were "seemingly very well received." Sounds good!

There are about 20 pics with Selina, Harvey and Bruce representing in LA and the rest of the Gothamites in NYC.

Here's the article and some choice pics.

Photos: The Gotham Cast At Last Night’s Screenings June 13, 2014
    Cast members and producers from Gotham joined members of the press for two seemingly very well received screenings of the Gotham pilot last night (June 12).
    The East Coast “Tastemaker” screening in New York was held at the Crosby Street Hotel, while the West Coast event took place at the iPic Theatre in Westwood, California.

PS - some select press quotes:
    Gotham Premiere Episode: First Early Reviews Are Positive

Examiner columnist Phyllis Thomas tweeted, “Loved the screening of @Gotham @ben_mckenzie and @donallogue are the ultimate bad ass team. Can't forget @jadapsmith and Fish. This fall”

AP writer Alicia Rancilio tweeted, “Just caught an advance screening of the #Gotham premiere. Loved it. So good. Excited for @ben_mckenzie and the rest of the cast.”

TV Guide editor Adam Bryant tweeted, “Had a great time at the @Gotham screening. Very intrigued to see more. Great chatting with you again, @ben_mckenzie!”

Give Me My Remote’s Marisa Roffman tweeted, “Loved seeing #Gotham on the big-screen. Gorgeous show, and Ben McKenzie and Donal Logue make great on-screen partners. Excited for ep 2!”
    Can't wait to see the first episode.

Incredible Member

Fall can't get here fast enough!

New revolving door Gotham ads for Selina and Oswald. I can't wait!

SELINA KYLE

BEFORE THERE WAS CATWOMAN,
    THERE WAS

GOTHAM

OSWALD COBBLEPOT

BEFORE THERE WAS PENGUIN,
    THERE WAS

GOTHAM

8 new pics of Gotham are up and they look great!

My only quibble is "Ivy Pepper" - why not good old Pamela Isley? Oh well, it's a tiny thing and good writing, directing and acting will make me forget it and enjoy the new young Ivy.

Det. James Gordon (Ben McKenzie): Idealistic new kid in town; a good cop saddled with a cynical partner (Donal Logue) who’s determined to play by the rules in a city that doesn’t have any.
    Det. Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) Gordon’s pragmatic, cynical partner

Last edited by heyevaxx; 06-25-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Hmm, Selina is *already* a master thief? Interesting ... I can't wait to find out young Selina's history. Yet another Catwoman origin story!

Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz): Newly orphaned with enormous wealth, a 12-year-old seeking a new purpose for his life after witnessing his parent’s murder.
    Selina Kyle / Catwoman (Camren Bicondova): A dangerous teen orphan and agile master thief adept at navigating the labyrinthian city.

Last edited by heyevaxx; 06-25-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith): A new character to this world — an underworld gangster, club owner and boss of Cobblepot.
    Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor): The psychopathic umbrella-touting underling for crime boss Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith), who is full of secret ambitions.

Last edited by heyevaxx; 06-25-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Edward Nygma / The Riddler (Cory Michael Smith): A brilliant young forensic scientist working at Gotham PD with a penchant for speaking in, um, cryptic language.
    Ivy Pepper / Poison Ivy (Clare Foley): Not too much known about the Gotham version of her character yet. Likes plants though.

Last edited by heyevaxx; 06-25-2014 at 12:47 PM.

FYI all -- I changed the thread title from "Gotham Official Extended Trailer Is Up" to " Gotham - FOX TV Show Discussion".

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    FYI all -- I changed the thread title from "Gotham Official Extended Trailer Is Up" to " Gotham - FOX TV Show Discussion".
    I hope the Riddler is in it heavily for obvious reasons.

Gotta say, I really don't dig the idea of a teenage Selina Kyle already being a master thief. A decent pick-pocket, sure. A thirteen year-old master thief, though? GTFO.

I like the Riddler being a forensic scientist with the GCPD, though. Quite a logical place to go with the character, now that I think about it.

Ivy Pepper...ugh. What, was Pamela Isley not obvious enough? And I really dislike the "creepy, socially ostracized kid" angle they're pushing here.

I'm curious about Fish Mooney, but why couldn't they use Carmine Falcone instead? Or is Falcone supposed to come into power later, before Batman arrives in Gotham and kicks his ass?
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 06-25-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Ultimate Member

Why limit themselves only to established Bat-characters. As you say, there's nothing to keep them from using Falcone, or Maroni, or Rupert Thorne later. Maybe they're holding off on using the first two because they were just both featured in the Nolan films. I also don't like the "Ivy Pepper" name, although I think that that could turn out to be a false name. Young Riddler and Penguin look really good.

You know, this show was not even on my radar. But that was a really good trailer and it has an interesting premise. May have to check it out... Thanks!

I am glad it is getting some hype now.

Big thanks to chipsnopotatoes on the new video link with about 2 minutes of interviews with the Gotham cast including young Bruce, young Selina, Penguin, Mooney and Gordon.

I love David and Camren's vibe. They both seem smart and on message about their characters and the show. And Bats had better learn not to interrupt Cats!