Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm only a fan of the Ellis run, personally.

I really wished the writers bothered to explore the characters. I mean, did they ever explain/explore Angelica's connection to the first Engineer?
    I grew up in the Marvel Handbook years, so I like some deets on what the characters can do, instead of marketing slogans like 'god of cities.' I definitely wanted an idea of what the Engineer could do with 'ten pints of nanomachines for blood' since she *seemed* to be able to create tech that was a heck of a lot bigger and heavier than 'ten pints' of anything (was her nano-blood swooping out and appropriating and reassembling other nearby matter to build her constructs? Cause that would have been cool to know, and see, a nearby car just seeming to rust away as it's metal is eaten up and used to form whatever she's making.)... She wasn't a tenth as 'pull new powers out of my butt' as the magician character, but still, I like a little more science in my science characters, yanno? Let's get technical, if we're building a techie! (Due to the nature of her powers, I always thought she'd be the best for a solo arc, actually.)

There were a lot of great '80's action movie' feeling scenes where Arnold makes the quip before dropping the grenade or whatever (and I felt like this was a feature of this era, comics that felt like action movies), but I would have liked more of a sense of a 'story bible' existing behind the scenes, not one that *I* could read, necessarily, but one that the writers could consult so that I'd at least have the illusion that *they* have some idea what these characters can do, and that *they* know a little bit about what makes them individuals and not just differently-shaped and colored iterations of 'quippy badass.'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn disputed the “villain” moniker, so she and the rest of the Authority are likely just antagonists
    I'm very happy to hear that!

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Warren Ellis created two incredible reads when DC bought Wildstorm, Authority & Planetary, I can't wait for the movie! Hoping for the Sliding Albion story & hope for their return to comics
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4