Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-men unlimited 107 redroot saga part 2

Sunfire starts his quest and he's walking

He fights monsters and is walking for a long long time.

He wonders how much time has passed and if magik attempted a rescue after failing to meet up with her.

He approaches the blightspoke and is annoyed with the splinter guiding him. Wishing it wouldn't tear his hand apart and easer to follow. But then he's attacked by zombie tentacle monster summoner.

Normal he's win but he's been walking for weeks or months? He can't keep track of how time is flowing in other world.

He's saved by Giada whitechaple the sheriff.

Ultimate Member

So why does Sunfire care about dime store Groot?

Thanks for starting the thread! I shall add to it...

Standing on a cliff looking out at the vast landscape before him, Sunfire reminds himself of what he said to Ororo on Arakko. " 'I want to see how far I can go.' Yes... I believe this quest will suit me just... fine?!" He's almost bitten by what looks like a flying piranha bats with razor sharp teeth. It's one of many as a swarm approaches.

He powers up like a sun burst and takes them all out. The art is colorful and alive. He looks at the splinter compass in his hand and it turns to the right, ripping more skin. The pain on his face is visible but he continues on. We get a series of panels where he encounters and defeats different monsters and obstacles: a giant scorpion, a huge bird of prey, a hostile tidal wave.

He's not sure how much time has passed on Krakoa or if Magik has attempted to retrieve him after failing to make their meeting. But he continues on and makes it to Blightspoke, the realm of collapsed realities. He follows the compass forward and trudges through the sand. Narration reminds us that this is a uniquely inhospitable land and few could stand to dwell in it at length as Shiro appears tired. He's being stalked by a creature behind him and when he stops to figure out where to go next, one of his stalker's tentacles violently wraps around his throat. It's a warped and corrupted Summoner! He blasts it to break free.

Narration: When Saturnyne ruled Otherworld, she dispatched a fleet of them to Blightspoke as her agents in the realm. But Saturnyne no longer rules, and her Summoners have scattered. (A direct reference to the end of XoS: Destruction.)

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

He battles the twisted Summoner but he's tired and Blightspoke is a harsh environment. The Summoner is fast and agile, countering his attacks. It takes to the air and throws a large space rock at him. He blasts the rock but the Summoner lunges at him at great speed, taking him off guard. Suddenly with a loud KABOOM, the Summoner's head is blown off. Sunfire turns around to see who helped him and kill his attacker.

Narration: Shiro's journey had been long, and Blightspoke was not inclined toward fairness. That is not to say, however, that Blightspoke was an entirely lawless realm. After all...

Fantastic stuff and I'm glad Whitechapel is still alive. We last saw her in Knights of X #3 when she wanted the Vescora to believe she was dead. It's nice to see she's actually not as she's an ally to mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So why does Sunfire care about dime store Groot?
    Way back in X-Men #9 when Shiro was moving to Arakko, the island itself came to him asking him to rescue Redroot.

Redroot is to Arakko what Doug is to Krakoa, the only one that can translate for the island. Arakko hasn't really been able to communicate since Redroot was taken prisoner and with the Genesis War raging right now, I think Redroot might play an important role in the war.

I was afraid being in the space between realms we wouldn't fin the otherworlds players. Glad the Sheriff is here !

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I was afraid being in the space between realms we wouldn't fin the otherworlds players. Glad the Sheriff is here !
    I thought the same thing! I was like oh no, are we not going to see the realms? But thankfully it seems we'll get a good dose of Blightspoke. Whitechapel normally likes to keep to herself but she stayed to defend her crew when Merlyn targeted them for being mutants. She's good people. At least I hope she still is.

The compass splinter gives me the ICKS every time. I can't stand it. So vile. So wretched. Poor Shiro's hand! lol

I was waiting for that Arcane looking character to appear. The story is moving along quickly. I hope he finds her in the middle and not at the end of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I was waiting for that Arcane looking character to appear. The story is moving along quickly. I hope he finds her in the middle and not at the end of the arc.
    I agree. The trek BACK, together, has much bonding potential and I'm here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I agree. The trek BACK, together, has much bonding potential and I'm here for it.
    Co-signed. I hope he finds her in the next issue because I can't wait until he can remove that vile splinter.

Poor Sunfire got ignored the most of the Krakoan era X-Men members. Not really sure where this mini is going but glad to see Sunfire having a moment. I wish the kept his AoA look; this design is too similar to the new Firestar. I liked the art on this.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Fire and tree mutants will probably be a fun mix.

I like that there's something ethereal about this arc for him... It's nice when things aren't always so linear and straight forward. This feels almost spiritual.

I really love Mad Jim's compass. Admittedly a bit Meh about the reveal of the Sheriff. Not a bad meh, but I was mostly like "...who? Oh. I think I remember..."

We know the trek back will be quite arduous, and that he'll be going through months more journey to get Baby-Redroot home. Looking forward to seeing where they end up at the end of this trip...

Fun so far!
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

BANNED

I hope to Gawd they finally give Sunfire a canon romance , preferably with a female character , instead of still continuing this discriminatory American corporate-comic tradition of desexualizing East Asian males , especially in the XBooks tsk tsk tsk