Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Magneto did when he met her.
    Ah I completely forgot sorry !

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Never noticed she has a tail before
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The only bad thing about this arc is a lot of the action/battles are taking place offscreen. The war battles seem very brief. But I've been told Ewing isn't great with action. I've only followed him on this and SWORD so not sure how accurate a statement that is.
    Last edited by Saturius; 10-02-2023 at 07:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The only bad thing about this arc is a lot of the action/battles are taking place offscreen. The war battles seem very brief. But I've been told Ewing isn't great with action. I've only followed him on this amd SWORD so not sure how accurate a statement that is.
    Super hero works in general tend to have a problem when it comes to depictions and presentation of large scale battles, both from an artistic and narrative perspective, because of the heavy restrictions of the genre. As such they are often reduced to offscreen events or large splash pages.

This only becomes worse with the idea of depicting large scale battles between whole armies of marvel mutants, since not only is everyone of them super powered, but in theory widely different so.

Even with the idea of there being somewhat of an overlap in power types, they would still be a tactical and logistic nightmare to organize not only in universe but for the writers aswell.

There is a reason why in real world history the most effective armies were usualy those with a high degree of uniformity in appearance, training and equipment, which then became the desired standard in modern times, since it made tactics and logistics easier to apply.

Compare Avatar: The Last Airbender where the restriction on only 4 different super powers actualy made it easier for the creators to think up the tactics the different wielders and the armies they belong to would apply against another.

But with the idea of a mutant army fighting, writers are either forced to reduce the majority of fighters to have no visible powers beyond the occasionaly physical deformities (on top of stupidly charge at enemies in disorganized melees), see X-men: The Last Stand, or their battles will primarily occur off-pannel or in short flashes, where the writer will not be required to handle the theoretical complexity.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-02-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This Is AWESOME as always.

Shit is REALLY about to go down NOW that were are FINALLY going to see the 4 Horseman in Battle. They NEED they asses Kicked for Killing Merchants and Salesmen in Port Prometheus.

Aw, little Kobb(i'm calling him Little Corn on the Kobb or Kobbo). Anyway, it's nice to see him finally speak. :-)
    Co-Signed! This preview looks so good. Got me all in my feelings. I would love to see Storm bring Genesis the heads of her b$&@h-a$$ kids after they and their Amenthi horde are pounded into a bloody mist by Uranos, and a message in Famine’s mouth saying “You’re NEXT!”…

Ewing keeps that fire stoked!

Uranos
    Is
    Back
    !
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

To add to what Grunty said, most of the best comics dealings with wars tends to follow small units from a ground level views of the conflict because that’s the easiest story to tell with the limitations of comics. They don’t have the amount of prose a book can have or the length of time movies or series have to tell those stories either. So comics are especially not suited as a medium themselves for telling those kinds of stories

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Speaking of --- anyone on pins and needles about SYZYA and the impending Nightcrawler-origin-story?

Are they related in some way?? Are they not? What about the Azazel of it all? AHHHHHHH.
    It's too deliberate to be nothing, hopefully it won't convolute things further for Nightcrawler.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It's too deliberate to be nothing, hopefully it won't convolute things further for Nightcrawler.
    I too am, of course, in favor of LESS convolution, but truly, madly, deeply, I cannot foresee a retcon of the Azazel nonsense being met UNfavorably.

I remain hopeful for best blue boy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    To add to what Grunty said, most of the best comics dealings with wars tends to follow small units from a ground level views of the conflict because that’s the easiest story to tell with the limitations of comics. They don’t have the amount of prose a book can have or the length of time movies or series have to tell those stories either. So comics are especially not suited as a medium themselves for telling those kinds of stories
    American corporate comics only , there ARE Japanese and European titles who have already done exactly what youre talking about , for example , Berserk and Groo tsk tsk tsk

And Azazel and Nephayem are the greatest legacies of Chuck Austen LOL
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 10-03-2023 at 08:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    American corporate comics only , there ARE Japanese and European titles who have already done exactly what youre talking about , for example , Berserk and Groo tsk tsk tsk

And Azazel and Nephayem are the greatest legacies of Chuck Austen LOL
    I don’t consider Beserk a war comic, and for most of its run it does in fact follow a small group of characters relative to an actual war’s size. I have no idea what Groo is

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Co-Signed! This preview looks so good. Got me all in my feelings. I would love to see Storm bring Genesis the heads of her b$&@h-a$$ kids after they and their Amenthi horde are pounded into a bloody mist by Uranos, and a message in Famine’s mouth saying “You’re NEXT!”…

Ewing keeps that fire stoked!
    I hope this is the Last time the Arakkii can use Uranos. That Sucks :-(
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I hope this is the Last time the Arakkii can use Uranos. That Sucks :-(
    I think it will be. I also don’t think she will use him on Apoc’s kids (if the interview w/ Ewing is to be interpreted the way I’m thinking). I am hoping we see Ororo strategically turns Uranos on the demon horde, summoners, and White Sword & his army to push them back through the portal. Storm gets the kids off the board and fights them solo, with Death eventually changing allegiance, and then it sets us up for a frustrated and pissed off Genesis vs a ready-to-kill-a-bish Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Not to burst any bubbles but how would this make sense with Arrako being lost to Amenth so long ago.

I think Spurrier is going to reshape his origin with Mystyique, Destiny and Azazel.

He has used Syzya at all or even mentioned her.

I do find it interesting that Al Ewing had Blink on his roster but decided to create a brand new pink teleported.

Astonishing Member

I’m going to wager Uranos is going to do some damage but will get torn into pseudo-bloody chunks by Genesis to establish her personal credibility before she and storm have a DBZ power puck measuring contest that ends with offscreen shenanigans like the last few times.

The other option however is that if Uranos gets stuck in the wrong side of the gate when it inevitably seals; he will be cut off from the Machine and thus freed from Exclusion (but that would require the Eternals to not have been consigned to the IP bin)