Default First Season Castlevania Trevor vs First season Castlevania Nocturne Ricter.

So First season Castlevania vs. First season Castlevania Nocturne Ricter. Both get all their power-ups from their first seasons. Who wins?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

If Richter can actually pull off the AoE BIG CROSS Julius move he did when he got his magic back and it wasn't just a one off, he might win. Otherwise, season 1 Trevor came off as far *far* more skilled and experienced. Trevor has stuff like whip tricks attacking from impossible angles, responding immediately to Alucard's flashstepping, and one point of direct comparison I really liked: When Trevor's whip gets grabbed, he holds it just long enough to get some momentum then releases it and draws another weapon to press his attack. Richter fights for control of the whip and is ultimately left in a worse position for it. Richter is young and hasn't had the full Belmont education. He's got good magic integrated nicely with his whip fighting, but Trevor comes off as having a trained response for basically every situation he finds himself in and knows what to do when **** hits the fan. I don't think Richter's magic is going to surprise him, and Richter definitely can't outfight him, so possible AoE is the only chance I see him having.

That said, while I'm not gonna comb back over the fights to check... I think Richter might have deflected a shot from a musket? It might have been more "the musket happened to shoot the protected part of him" but obviously if there's a convincing low bullet time feat for Richter, that throws out everything and makes him the clear winner.

Edit: I will say that Richter would win a punch-up between the two. He does a lot more of that.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-02-2023 at 09:01 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Spectacular Member

All the bullet feats that I recall come across as aim dodging. He's fast, but not necessarily faster than Trevor. I'm pretty comfortable with giving Richter more gun than Trevor, though.

Comes down to how well Richter can take a hit, I suppose. Trevor is definitely going to hit first and hit more often, but Richter is human, so he's not going to explode on the first shot. Richter's got enough versatility that he'll eventually pull out something that'll connect, but I don't know whether he'll stay up and fighting that long.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if trevor takes a couple of rich's magic attacks, then he'll be in a spot of trouble. on flip side, rich is gonna eat a lot of hits. so it becomes how long rich can last against trevor to get those shots he needs to put him down.

i wanna lean to trevor, due to greater experience and control over his whip. i'll have to go back over their feats to really get a better idea.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Trevor should win unless Richter goes Super Belmont.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Spectacular Member

Here's a clip of Richter regaining his magic.

I'm still comfortable with saying that Richter isn't a bullet timer. Of the three shots in the clip, the first might have been an aim dodge or a miss, the second was definitely a miss, and the third... Well, Richter did block it, but he was also staring at Nikolai while he reloaded and shot. Not the hardest read for him.

More importantly, Richter can form ice armor that's strong enough to block a bullet, and he can form his ice constructs pretty quickly. I'm learning towards Richter managing to keep fighting long enough to land a decisive blow on Trevor more often than not.

Mind you, this is in the arena. In a location that gives Trevor more to work with, he'd probably manage a majority.

Hmmn. I think that Sypha would take a majority, but that's because I think that her superior skill with magic would let her shut down his magic attacks, and his pure whip skill probably aren't enough to deal with her.

Extraordinary Member

Seen all of Nocture now so here are my two cents.

Trevor definitely comes off as the more skilled of the two, due to his greater experience. And I think he's got the edge in terms of physical stats, but I admit that I'm not certain about the specifics of either.

Richter does have his magic though which gives him more options and greater range. Trevor didn't get any of his fancy weapons until the later seasons. And while I think Trevor has superior stats, they're not exactly massive better than Richter's.

So I'd probably back Richter and his magic. But he'll have to wary and on his toes.

I would back Dark Soul in saying Trevor seemed to have an edge in stats and skill albeit not overwhelmingly.

Richter’s magic is certainly a more substantial advantage but he mostly uses it to enhance his CQC…not really where he wants to be against Trevor.

Give Trevor the Morningstar though and I’d switch back to him.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 10-14-2023 at 06:26 AM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei