Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Stone Boy was the best. Watch him take out Radiation Roy

Capture.jpg

My favorite thing about the Legion Of Super-Heroes?

The fact that the success of Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy has reportedly convinced Warner Brothers to quietly ask screenwriters to pitch their ideas for a Legion Of Super-Heroes movie.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ho...ve-development

Capture.jpg

poor dude couldn't get up after getting smacked by stone boy.
    Last edited by liwanag; 09-09-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ninja Viking View Post
    My faves are cosmic boy, polar boy. Ferro lad. Karate kid, chameleon boy. Brainiac 5, ultra boy, lightning lass, triplicate girl. I could keep going.
    For me:
    Dawnstar, Shadow Lass, Star Boy, Timber Wolf, White Witch, Wildfire, Kid Quantum and Shikari.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    My favorite thing about the Legion Of Super-Heroes?

The fact that the success of Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy has reportedly convinced Warner Brothers to quietly ask screenwriters to pitch their ideas for a Legion Of Super-Heroes movie.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ho...ve-development
    I saw this!!! I feel like this happened because put the right level of legion love into the universe lol.

I've been meaning thread wolfmans NTT. If you had to pick between that and Levitz Legion which would you pick.
    New Teen Titans was incredibly groundbreaking, and had some phenomenal stories, such as the Revenge for the Doom Patrol, the Runaways arc, and, of course, the Judas Contract. Plus, George Perez at his best. All that said, I'd still pick LSH. The larger cast, and the cosmic scope are a big draw for me.

My faves are cosmic boy, polar boy. Ferro lad. Karate kid, chameleon boy. Brainiac 5, ultra boy, lightning lass, triplicate girl. I could keep going.
    Ultra Boy, Mon-El, Wildfire, Timber Wolf and Phantom Girl are my favorits.

Peace

One of the greatest comic battles of all time:

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Stone Boy was the best. Watch him take out Radiation Roy

Capture.jpg
    Haha that was great. I think if Johns stayed with the Legio we would have gotten some great stuff.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

What I've always loved most about Legion is that there's a sense of a wider universe out there where anything can happen. I think that's what I've found disappointing about the last three series-- it kept revisiting the same concepts over and over again (with a new set of paint in the case of the Waid series), but never really attempted anything new or different, which lead to a sense of familiarity and staleness. As it's not strictly bound to continuity, anything should be able to happen in a Legion book. The last time I had that feeling was DnA's run, but by the end, even they were revisiting old stories.

My favorite Legion era is the 5 Year Gap, particularly the first 38 issues. It was the intense, sophisiticated storytelling of Giffen that drew me into the Legion's world. I'd say that I like most Legion stuff from the first Shooter era through DnA, and I even liked the Waid/Kitson series, although that's when I began to feel less strongly about the franchise. Obviously, the Levitz/Giffen/Lightle era holds a special place in my heart, too.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I liked the cartoon a lot, but have rarely been able to get into the comics.

I like the Great Darkness Saga (got the TPB a few years ago), and remember liking the original Legion Lost mini series (I think that's its name) back in the day, but I keep trying the new books from the 00s on and just can't get along with it. Even Johns' cameos/Legion of Three Worlds mini were lost on me.

Should I try more from the era of the Great darkness Saga? Is that all good?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

The Five year Gap remains my all-time favorite single run in commercial comics (until Giffen left).
    The characters were vivid, and interesting, and Keith would throw a dozen new ideas at you every issue. Sophisticated, complex, and full of Tenzil Kem!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Yes! I cannot recommend it enough!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yes. They actually are releasing a softcover edition of The Curse, the stories that follow from Great Darkness, soon. (They may have already, or it could be this week.)

You can follow that to the Baxter series collections Eye for an Eye and The More Things Change... After that, you have to get individual issues.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

My favorite is Ultra Boy..... He's HOT!