Unglaublich!

Default Emma's Diamond Form - A Question

In Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run (issue 13, to be precise), there's a flashback to Cassandra Nova meeting Emma at the Master Mold in Ecuador and Nova tells her that she'll survive the Genoshan massacre due to a secondary mutation that she (Nova) will give to her.

Has this ever been refuted or this the actual canon origin of Emma's diamond form? Or was it just a scenario that Emma came up with in her own head to help her deal with her survivor's guilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    In Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run (issue 13, to be precise), there's a flashback to Cassandra Nova meeting Emma at the Master Mold in Ecuador and Nova tells her that she'll survive the Genoshan massacre due to a secondary mutation that she (Nova) will give to her.

Has this ever been refuted or this the actual canon origin of Emma's diamond form? Or was it just a scenario that Emma came up with in her own head to help her deal with her survivor's guilt?
    This was last discussed in pages 2 and 3 of this thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ndary-Mutation

In short, in my reading it was refuted by Astonishing X-Men 18, others might read it differently.

It has never come up again after that.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    This was last discussed in pages 2 and 3 of this thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ndary-Mutation

In short, in my reading it was refuted by Astonishing X-Men 18, others might read it differently.

It has never come up again after that.
    Good shout, thank you.

BANNED

Hmm... I thought Emma believed she was about to die because a building collapsed on her, which triggered her secondary mutation...

yes, that was what happened.. the Cassandra Nova thing was a lie to manipulate Emma... The Cuckoos have not interacted with Cassandra Nova and they have the same DNA (perfected) of Emma and they have diamond form.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Things are canon until they are not or they are ignored.

I am partial to think that it was fake memories by Nova since never come back up again even when Nova did.