Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

In the past I haven't always been the biggest fan of Noto. I have felt he works better with specific titles around specific themes, which unfortunately doesn't always gel with super heroic comics in a way that's visually appealing for me. But I did really like this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    That's right. There's no more gem since it was destroyed. He still inherits strength due to holding the gem for so long but the unstoppableness comes from the armour now I believe.
    Huh, Orchis's intel must've been outdated then. If his power is in his suit, why didn't they confiscate it?

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    Everything to due with Rasputin this issue was stupid. It's 2023. I don't need half of a book dedicated to a "misunderstanding" fight that should never have happened. Did they just not discuss what was going to happen when they arrived?
    I don't get that. If Rasputin knows all about Kamala's future, how has she never heard of the Fantastic Four?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yup that's correct. Her inability to fly is what kept her trapped out in space. I think it would have been better to just say Synch was recalling TK and was the one "driving" the car.
    Isn't current Rasputin a new body with the memories from the Sins of Sinister timeline? She could have slightly different powers, i.e. does have telekinesis now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Wasn't a plot point during Sins of Sinister that she didn't have a way to fly (which she could do with TK). If she had TK then she could have escaped and not made a deal with Mother Righteous.
    Sinister specifically says he did not give her flight.
    Attachment 135009
    Not only that, but back during her first Immoral issue, Sinister specifically said that he gave her Quire's Omega telepathy. He also said having five powers was the limit, and trying to go for six is impossible. So Duggan has made several retcons in this issue: she now has a sixth power, telekinesis, and her telepathy is MUCH weaker than before.

The worst part is, the retcons weren't even necessary. Because her telepathy is weak, Rasputin needed a Cerebro helmet. But the helmet was obtained off-screen and given to her in the same panel where the plot point was introduced. So why even have it? Same with the TK, when Synch could've easily done it by "recalling" Jean's TK. It really annoys me when Duggan does this stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    In the past I haven't always been the biggest fan of Noto. I have felt he works better with specific titles around specific themes, which unfortunately doesn't always gel with super heroic comics in a way that's visually appealing for me. But I did really like this issue.
    I voiced my displeasure about the art in the preview but I will admit it worked for this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh, Orchis's intel must've been outdated then. If his power is in his suit, why didn't they confiscate it?

I don't get that. If Rasputin knows all about Kamala's future, how has she never heard of the Fantastic Four?

Isn't current Rasputin a new body with the memories from the Sins of Sinister timeline? She could have slightly different powers, i.e. does have telekinesis now.
    We are clearly in the age of make up your own continuity as you want, but maybe the gem reformed inside of him and no one knew until Stasis found it.

As for Rasputin, yeah my impression is she is a 'clone' of the alternate timeline person with the memories, so she should be identical genetically and if there was some 'mutation' then it being TK is as eye-rolling as her being Ms Marvel's biggest fan from an alternate future where none of this ever happened.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think Dr. Nutjob was lying to Firestar, and has no intention of doing any of that, and so didn't really do the research for his fib. He just wants to test her and see if she freaks and tries to 'save Juggernaut' from this evil plan.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think Dr. Nutjob was lying to Firestar, and has no intention of doing any of that, and so didn't really do the research for his fib. He just wants to test her and see if she freaks and tries to 'save Juggernaut' from this evil plan.
    Except earlier in the issue Cain also says his powers are from the gem when he’s talking to Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Damn, Juggernaut. Someone helps you break out of Prison only for him to get thrown back in the next day.
    Yeah that really seem stupid to me, i mean why even do it to begin with? Just so he can later learn that NIMROD dominated him again off panel?

Also she can see the bomb in Cyclops...but Orchis made it phase proof? It's like one moment they make them smart and in another they make them stupid.

And Rasputin just flat out walking over the F4 just does not sit right with me especially since everyone is telling her to cool her jets so they can be civilized about this and secure Reed's help and she is like nah, i am going to make this man help us.

Pretty decent issue, the flying car was great. Didn't like the Jugg's got beat up again off screen, would've liked to have seen that fight. I also didn't love how easy RIV handled the FF, these people stop Galactus, c'mon now. I did enjoy it overall and I really like Noto on this one.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Kate specifically told Juggernaut nog to break out yet. Therefore? He threw the fight against Nimrod.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

This is an excellent theory. I like it.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    Everything to due with Rasputin this issue was stupid. It's 2023. I don't need half of a book dedicated to a "misunderstanding" fight that should never have happened. Did they just not discuss what was going to happen when they arrived?
    Rasputin already annoys me on multiple levels, and her attitude is not helping.

Just super-annoying. I don't usually want characters dead or gone, but wow, she's just right up there with Sinister, Dr. Stasis, Mother Righteous and any other Sinisters floating around out there. I wanted to like the idea of chimerae, but the execution, so much not.

Plus if I wanted to see someone with five mutant powers at once, Mimic is right there. And there's even an AU mutant version of him who is 'dead' at the moment, but he died with (at least half of) the regenerative powers from both Wolverine and Deadpool, so I'm not gonna poke him with a stick, 'cause that's the scene in the movie where Jason turns out to not really be dead and stabs a fool...

Anywho, this month's crop of X-book reaffirmed my decision to yank everything but X-Men Red from my pull list. And I'm holding out for the Arakki and Roberto in that one, which confuses my brain, since I *thought* I was a fan of characters like Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Dust, etc. all of whom are in books that I don't want to read at the moment...

At least I'll know if Hellion comes back. Rift's scream will break the internet.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-05-2023 at 02:59 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Was it shown that htey actually know any of that? Because Beast's secrets were a selling point that Firestar is keeping in her arsenal in case she is caught and needs to feed Orchis something. Jean told her to throw him under the bus in that event
    Shaw and Selene would have to know

Just super-annoying. I don't usually want characters dead or gone, but wow, she's just right up there with Sinister, Dr. Stasis, Mother Righteous and any other Sinisters floating around out there. I wanted to like the idea of chimerae, but the execution, so much not.

Plus if I wanted to see someone with five mutant powers at once, Mimic is right there. And there's even an AU mutant version of him who is 'dead' at the moment, but he died with (at least half of) the regenerative powers from both Wolverine and Deadpool, so I'm not gonna poke him with a stick, 'cause that's the scene in the movie where Jason turns out to not really be dead and stabs a fool...

Anywho, this month's crop of X-book reaffirmed my decision to yank everything but X-Men Red from my pull list. And I'm holding out for the Arakki and Roberto in that one, which confuses my brain, since I *thought* I was a fan of characters like Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Dust, etc. all of whom are in books that I don't want to read at the moment...

At least I'll know if Hellion comes back. Rift's scream will break the internet.
    I hate the idea of Chimeras. We don’t need multiple versions of characters.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hate the idea of Chimeras. We don’t need multiple versions of characters.
    Agreed. Not a fan either. I hope she's gone after this event.

I'm not a fan of Rasputin either and her approach with the FF was rather annoying. She's one of those characters who was a breakout hit with the fans due to the brief time we saw her (in PoX.) So of course they bring her back and the welcome is wearing thin already lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!