Default The creepiest horror movie VHS box on the shelf at the video store?

Totally dating myself here, but I remember walking by the horror section of the video store, and all the creepy horror VHS box covers that used to freak me out as a kid.

What was the creepiest horror movie VHS box cover/movie poster that you remember? Doesn't matter if the movie was awful, what stands out in your memory?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Totally dating myself here, but I remember walking by the horror section of the video store, and all the creepy horror VHS box covers that used to freak me out as a kid.

What was the creepiest horror movie VHS box cover/movie poster that you remember? Doesn't matter if the movie was awful, what stands out in your memory?
    I was a teen by the time I saw a VHS cover, so I don't really recall being creeped out by them. I do remember feeling that way with some of the newspaper ads during the early '70s, though. I have been looking for one in particular, but I haven't found it online. It's 50-something years later, but I believe it featured a skeleton and a grave. That gave me chills for a while.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

My dad worked in a mom and pop video store when I was a kid. I would come in after school and help stock movies (Earned myself a sweet NES retal for that) I refused to do the horror section. But the two that stick with me the most are Hellraiser. Dude with pins stuck in his head? No thanks. And Ghoulies. THat little green dude coming out of the toliet had me scared to go potty for a couple of weeks.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And Ghoulies. THat little green dude coming out of the toliet had me scared to go potty for a couple of weeks.
    Yo... lol. This generation will never know the haunt and effort of averting ones young eyes at points at a brick and mortar retail store.

I have two girls, 9,7. I'm damn near 50 and I told them just the other day, cause they like Target (I remember when it was Air-way). Man the Target Horror BOOK section, with all the Stephen King paperbacks and copy cats. Shiit, I used to be like who wants to be scared that bad lol. The video store you walked the long way around when I was like 10-11. Something about the OG Night Flight VHS tape. Pretty dope cover but back then forgetaboutit. 976-Evil, Night of the Demons. Lol stop it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I remember the "Scanners" cover would freak me out, and also the "Silent Night, Deadly Night" that had an image of Santa's arm holding an axe heading down a chimney.

Mighty Member

Happy Birthday to me. Features a guy getting a very sharp shishkebab rammed into his mouth...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

For me it was Faces of Death. It was boasting how it was real and that didn't help too.

This topic is worthless without pictures!