Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ugh, Selene jobbing again ? That's lame.
    Also I was hoping we were done with Sinister for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Right, yeah, she's probably astral projecting.

----

I'm not sure if this is a plot hole, or a hint that something is not quite right, but how did they resurrect a mutant without their DNA? I don't think they have the DNA library on them.

It's also kinda odd that the rest of the Five were just scattered in the desert. I'm not sure why I thought they were with the Realm of X team.

Something seems off here.
    The members of the Five (specifically, either Proteus or Elixir or even both) probably memorized the genetic structure of some mutants. It is also possible more magical shenanigans are at play by Mother Righteous.

Astonishing Member

(...) It's also kinda odd that the rest of the Five were just scattered in the desert. I'm not sure why I thought they were with the Realm of X team. (...)
    Likely because some of them appeared in the backround of the first issue, which seems to have been an artistic mistake the editorial did not notice. Unsuprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    The members of the Five (specifically, either Proteus or Elixir or even both) probably memorized the genetic structure of some mutants. It is also possible more magical shenanigans are at play by Mother Righteous.
    Magicial shenanigans actualy seems to be the most likely scenario. Especially given that MRs entire master plan seems to involve turning the majority of the krakoan mutant population into worshippers of wonders and idols.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    That's not Shaw on the cover, that's Tony. He's the current Black King.
    Shaw is on the table, the "chess piece" Tony is knocking over with the Iron Man piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ugh, Selene jobbing again ? That's lame.
    Also I was hoping we were done with Sinister for a while.
    I was hoping we were done with Sinister for a while too haha. Maybe he's dead.

I guess we'll find out soon enough but one of the parts that's throwing me is how Mother Righteous got the Atlantic portion of Krakoa into the White Hot Room. We saw that she had it in one of her spherical lanterns then she manipulated the gates which apparently is what brought the mutants to the desert. So the connection to the WHR is what I'm scratching my head about.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Shaw is on the table, the "chess piece" Tony is knocking over with the Iron Man piece.

I was hoping we were done with Sinister for a while too haha. Maybe he's dead.

I guess we'll find out soon enough but one of the parts that's throwing me is how Mother Righteous got the Atlantic portion of Krakoa into the White Hot Room. We saw that she had it in one of her spherical lanterns then she manipulated the gates which apparently is what brought the mutants to the desert. So the connection to the WHR is what I'm scratching my head about.
    In the Sins of Sinister future she does have some M'kraan crtystal shards in one of her spheres, so maybe she got some in this reality too? Or it's some leftover knowledge sent bySoS Mother Righteous?

Amazing Member

----

I'm not sure if this is a plot hole, or a hint that something is not quite right, but how did they resurrect a mutant without their DNA? I don't think they have the DNA library on them.

It's also kinda odd that the rest of the Five were just scattered in the desert. I'm not sure why I thought they were with the Realm of X team.

They specifically mention Mother Righteous can contact The Waiting Room, so no need for genetic material. We'll have to see if she really is contacting The Waiting Room or what else is she resurrecting...

BTW, was nobody else amused by this panel of Egg(s)? (lol)

Untitled.jpg

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So why are they reviving people when they said they wouldn't because they (clearly correctly) feared they hadn't excised Sinisters influence?

Actually, HOW are they reviving people without the backups or DNA

Maybe Cerebra is there to provide the DNA ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So why are they reviving people when they said they wouldn't because they (clearly correctly) feared they hadn't excised Sinisters influence?

Actually, HOW are they reviving people without the backups or DNA
    I think mother righteous might be messing with them. Like i think that hope is the only member of the five actually there and the others are fakes made by her to control everything.

With the Waiting Room mutants they wouldn't need backups but they would need the DNA. Something is very fishy here and MR might be aiming for dominion by resurrecting mutants. Which then reminds me that the Phoenix can defeat a dominion. Hmm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I still think the Immortal books are pretty good, but I'm kinda tired of all of the Sinister folks, including MR.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    They specifically mention Mother Righteous can contact The Waiting Room, so no need for genetic material. We'll have to see if she really is contacting The Waiting Room or what else is she resurrecting...

BTW, was nobody else amused by this panel of Egg(s)? (lol)

Untitled.jpg
    I thought the Waiting Room was only for the Cerebro backup, not the genetic material. If they could have used the Waiting Room for the DNA they would have gotten rid of Sinister earlier.

----

Given that we've not seen them resurrect a named character and they have little way to know who is alive or dead back on Earth, my theory is so far they're only resurrecting people who have died to the Wolverines/disease/hunger etc. in the desert. For that DNA all they need is the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Given that we've not seen them resurrect a named character and they have little way to know who is alive or dead back on Earth, my theory is so far they're only resurrecting people who have died to the Wolverines/disease/hunger etc. in the desert. For that DNA all they need is the body.
    Thats my assumption to. It wouldnt make sense for them to resurrect anyone that isnt confirmed to be there

I feel like Gillen is doing Selene so dirty. Not sure why he dislikes the character so much. The first couple of issues of Immortal X-Men showed her in such a fantastic way but now...

Justice for the first mutant!