Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Teen Jean trying so hard.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Do they have a way of feeding Proteus in that desert?
    The more he uses his power, the faster the bodies burn out, IIRC, and he had the same body for years, back when his mom had him locked up in a power-dampening room, so if they remain true to that (no guarantee there, everybody else's powers seem to be a function of plot...), he should be fine, possibly for months, as long as he doesn't alter reality a bunch. And since we see other people doing stuff he could do by snapping his fingers (Exodus summoning water, etc.), he does seem to be holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The more he uses his power, the faster the bodies burn out, IIRC, and he had the same body for years, back when his mom had him locked up in a power-dampening room, so if they remain true to that (no guarantee there, everybody else's powers seem to be a function of plot...), he should be fine, possibly for months, as long as he doesn't alter reality a bunch. And since we see other people doing stuff he could do by snapping his fingers (Exodus summoning water, etc.), he does seem to be holding back.
    He's doing resurrections now so he should be burning out, BUT an easy no prize answer is that they are creating a husk for him when he's about to expire

Is it weird that I'm bummed out that Xavier didn't merc those troopers from the last issue? Murderous Xavier is scary as hell and I want it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

So… if the five are all back, why isn’t Proteus doing anything? He’s one of the most powerful mutants and a reality warper.. bad guys who turn good always get nerfed..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Is it weird that I'm bummed out that Xavier didn't merc those troopers from the last issue? Murderous Xavier is scary as hell and I want it.
    So you’ve got Murderous SINISTER Xavier instead. He’s practically the same thing as Murderous Xavier. It’s like a Hydrox Cookie vs an Oreo.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    So you’ve got Murderous SINISTER Xavier instead. He’s practically the same thing as Murderous Xavier. It’s like a Hydrox Cookie vs an Oreo.
    Are you referring to the tease at the end or Sins of Sinister Xavier? I think the tease at the end is a red herring personally
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    I think mother righteous might be messing with them. Like i think that hope is the only member of the five actually there and the others are fakes made by her to control everything.
    This seems likely. Sinister needed to corrupt Hope for compromising the resurrection protocol. Mother Righteous is a sinister. She may be doing similar for corrupting the white hot room. This issue she extracted her “thanks” from Hope.

Still holding out MR is somehow Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was.....I don't know interesting.

I'm not sure how I feel about the White Hot Room being so easy to access. But, whatever. At least we know that's NOT the real Apocalypse.
    Same. Never was a fan of the “white hot room” and ‘phoenix of the crown’ word salad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Shaw is on the table, the "chess piece" Tony is knocking over with the Iron Man piece.
    Ahh, thank you! I hadn't looked at more than a thumbnail of the cover, missed the detail.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is that hard to believe?
    because they left at the same time as hope and its been weeks for her

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Wow this issue was... something. Shedding some lights on a few mysteries but creating more in return.

I think the mutants getting sucked into the White Hot Room was theorized ever since the Hellfire Gala one-shot so I'm glad that turned out to be correct. What remains to be seen is if Mother Righteous has somehow gained control over that "place" or if Jean perhaps subconsciously did something and Rebecca just exploited it. Anyway, I'm intrigued.

I am however a bit baffled at the Sinister Charles cliffhanger on the last page. Didn't we see pretty much the same thing before? Or is Gillen setting up a scenario where we get "our" Sinister back but this time on the side of angels, at least in these very particular circumstances? Kieron does have a "Powers of X" mini coming up soon...

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Are you referring to the tease at the end or Sins of Sinister Xavier? I think the tease at the end is a red herring personally
    It's probably a callback to Mike Carey's story. The one where it was revealed that Xavier is one of the original Sinister's prime back-ups, activated after Mystique used Hope to kill him. Deep cut.

I think it might be a red herring as well. It was just earlier this year that we got a last page reveal of Xavier looking in the mirror with a red diamond on his forehead.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    because they left at the same time as hope and its been weeks for her
    they are in the WHR. It exists outside of time and space so the constraints of time dont operate the same