View Poll Results: Who are your favorites?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justice Society of America - 1940

14 60.87%
  • Seven Soldiers of Victory - 1941

4 17.39%
  • Newsboy Legion - 1942

1 4.35%
  • Legion of Super-Heroes - 1958

12 52.17%
  • Justice League - 1960

9 39.13%
  • Doom Patrol - 1963

8 34.78%
  • Teen Titans - 1964

10 43.48%
  • New Gods - 1971

4 17.39%
  • Star Hunters - 1977

3 13.04%
  • Global Guardians - 1982

4 17.39%
  • Outsiders - 1983

5 21.74%
  • Watchmen - 1986

2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Favorite Team by Year of Debut (1935 - 2023)

OK so I decided to separate out the teams from the "Favorite Hero" threads. Vote for your favorite teams! As many as you like!

BTW--if, by chance, you thought you were covering individual favorite team members in the other threads by voting for the team as a whole, that is no longer the case. SO, if your favorite team member is not mentioned as an individual, and hasn't already been eliminated, you might want to go find the "Anything Else?" thread and nominate them. Any that are seconded will be included in the next (or an upcoming) round! (As is the case with anyone till we reach the final round.)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

No All-Star Squadron?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    No All-Star Squadron?
    Yeah, I was wondering about that one as well.

And, no, they are NOT the same thing as the Justice Society of America.

Also, no Freedom Fighters? And I'm sure others may wonder why Young Justice was not included.

Retired

I imagine the Justice Society will take this. And despite the warning, I believe by voting for the J.S.A., I'm supporting several other things. The Justice Society pretty much established the super-hero team as a thing and it was later revived as the Justice League. Most of the other teams on this list owe their existence to the Society. There's also Earth-Two and annual crossovers.

I also voted for the Legion of Super-Heroes--how could I not? And for the underdog Star Hunters, which is one that I suggested, so I couldn't abandon them in their time of need.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Voted for all of them, because that's what I did before. Just wish the Metal Men had been added, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Loved to have added the following:

The Metal Men
    Challengers of the Unknown
    The Rocket Red Brigade
    Great Ten
    International Ultramarine Corps

For those who didn't know, these were transferred over from the "Favorite Hero" threads. Some of the ones mentioned you'd like to see were previously eliminated there. Some, however, never made the list to begin with. If you'd like to see them added in a second round, go to the "Anything Else?" thread and nominate them there. If they get enough seconds (and thirds and fourths) to beat out any of the options above, I'll do another round that includes them.

I voted for the JSA, though I could’ve voted for 5 or 6 them… but that then kind of goes against the point of who should come out on top.

One other thing, they say you’re always learning something new… Well, despite buying LoSH regularly in the 70’s and 80’s, it’s only today I’ve actually realised that they appeared before the Justice League of America… Not sure how I never knew that before lol

Retired

To be fair to the Justice League of America, the Legion of Super-Heroes only appeared twice--in 1958 and in 1959--as guest stars in two Superboy stories (ADVENTURE COMICS 247 and 267), before the J.L.A. debuted in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 28. While the League had editorial support to get their own book, it took the Legion a long time to get a regular run in ADVENTURE and they had to guest appear in different Superman titles before their fan support won them that run. In the meantime, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA had logged in 14 issues and admitted Green Arrow and the Atom as new members.

The first Legion story was written by Otto Binder who also created the Marvel Family and was the primary writer on Billy, Mary and Freddy (although B.P. Parker was the writer who created Captain Marvel). There were three principal Marvels in the Family and there were three principal Super-Heroes in the Legion (Garth, Imra and Rokk). I'm just sayin' . . .