Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Here we are.

spoilers:
    >Norman and Kraven preparing the ritual
    >Goblin Queen reveals that Peter has Normans sins
    >MJ tells Paul to run away and Peter being an incel from the preview
    >Peter berates MJ about how she betrayed him. Paul is actually still there watching on
    >MJ gets.roll to attack Peter with but knocks her back with his goblin tech
    >Wants to know why him what makes Paul so special
    >It was never about Paul or hurting Peter. She felt responsible to take care of those kids but she still loves Peter
    >Paul doesn't look happy
    >The sins tell Peter to not listen to the lying woman and kill Paul and we can be free
    >Norman arrives with the spear and tells MJ to hold him
    >MJ was able to roll something to stop Peter long enough for Norman to stab Peter
    >The sins appear as a demonic goblin and suck back into Norman who cries then laughs as he flys off with bug
    >MJ rushes to Peter who asks what happens and MJ tells him it was Norman
    >Peter looks devastated
    >MJ comforts Peter as Paul arrives holding a letter from Norman
    >Later Peter reads the letter from Norman thanking him for helping him be better man and treating him like the father he never could be to harry and apologies for anything that he will do in the future
    >Peter cries for the loss of his friend
    end of spoilers
    It's a really bad writing, but it's going to make lots of people chill out a little bit.
    Oh, yeah, and
    spoilers:
    I would prefer Norman to stay sane a little bit longer, because I'm really-really-really tired of Spider-Man vs Green Goblin stories, and heroic Norman was the best part of this run.
    end of spoilers
    Just as predicted my only question is what will be Peter job status now hopefully what Norman told Peter in Gold Goblin still stands
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

Keep in mind, that there are no scans yet, so it's impossible to confirm whether it's true or not.
    Seeing that the batman one was enough to have it leaked by sunday/monday due readers angry over the entire catwoman's plan and batzur
    I give it til tuesday or so until it leaks.

spoilers:
    Still, this is the best outcome of all of this.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I have a feeling this is as good as it is going to get. If the leaks are true, that is.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Just as predicted my only question is what will be Peter job status now hopefully what Norman told Peter in Gold Goblin still stands
    If anything, Norman gave Peter all of Oscorp and Parker Industries is back but with Oscorp in it as Parker-Oscorp Beyond as Homage to Norman and Harry, plus he left safeguards for peter if it comes down to he going back to what he was.
    Also, Red Goblin #10 is Norman's last send-off before ASM #35's events and Dylan will be there too since he will be off now that Natasha is now "Venom".

And with Misery showing that the Goblin Cult is back stronger than ever, Norman may be meeting up with them after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    If anything, Norman gave Peter all of Oscorp and Parker Industries is back but with Oscorp in it as Parker-Oscorp Beyond as Homage to Norman and Harry, plus he left safeguards for peter if it comes down to he going back to what he was.
    Also, Red Goblin #10 is Norman's last send-off before ASM #35's events and Dylan will be there too since he will be off now that Natasha is now "Venom".

And with Misery showing that the Goblin Cult is back stronger than ever, Norman may be meeting up with them after this.
    Dylan will be back in issue 28
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    That's why I said this is a big "IF".

I guess we'll see. If the leaks pan out, it's the "best outcome" of a terrible situation.
    Don't want to be too much of a downer, but there is no way that those leaks are true. Anything without pictures from 4Chan of all places should be taken with the highest skepticism. Especially since broad strokes of everything happening in ASM for the past few months have been really predictable based on solicits and whatnot. Like people can easily take the broad strokes of what is 95% going to happen and write what is essentially fan fiction from there. It's not worth thinking too deeply about. But to go into why specifically I don't think this set of spoilers is really true:

spoilers:
    Is that how you do this? There is no mention of Kraven at all here. ASM #33 really centered on Kraven and his feelings of inferiority. ASM #34 compounds that by having Kraven question his own worth to the point of killing himself. If that story doesnt have a major continuation about in ASM #35 then the previous issues were just a giant waste of time. So like any spoiler that doesn't describe how Kraven is involved should be thrown out imo. Also incel Peter forcing a confession from MJ that she still loves him is problematic, he should not be getting that much of a win from being horribly violent towards his ex.
    end of spoilers

But getting back to Kraven, in many ways this entire story is about Kraven. He is the one with a continuous arc throughout all of it. Like Peter isn't going to learn or grow from this. And if anything Norman is the secondary focus here since him *probably* (just my prediction) factory resetting is a tragedy. Peter in this story is mostly just the monster and a guy who things happen around, he's had no agency from the jump. So I think people should be thinking about how much ASM 35 will actually be about Peter at all. Just food for thought.
    Last edited by Moxxi517; 10-07-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Dylan will be back in issue 28
    It isn't the setup for the "Venom War"?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    Don't want to be too much of a downer, but there is no way that those leaks are true. Anything without pictures from 4Chan of all places should be taken with the highest skepticism. Especially since broad strokes of everything happening in ASM for the past few months have been really predictable based on solicits and whatnot. Like people can easily take the broad strokes of what is 95% going to happen and write what is essentially fan fiction from there. It's not worth thinking too deeply about. But to go into why specifically I don't think this set of spoilers is really true:

spoilers:
    Is that how you do this? There is no mention of Kraven at all here. ASM #33 really centered on Kraven and his feelings of inferiority. ASM #34 compounds that by having Kraven question his own worth to the point of killing himself. If that story doesnt have a major continuation about in ASM #35 then the previous issues were just a giant waste of time. So like any spoiler that doesn't describe how Kraven is involved should be thrown out imo. Also incel Peter forcing a confession from MJ that she still loves him is problematic, he should not be getting that much of a win from being horribly violent towards his ex.
    end of spoilers

But getting back to Kraven, in many ways this entire story is about Kraven. He is the one with a continuous arc throughout all of it. Like Peter isn't going to learn or grow from this. And if anything Norman is the secondary focus here since him *probably* (just my prediction) factory resetting is a tragedy. Peter in this story is mostly just the monster and a guy who things happen around, he's had no agency from the jump. So I think people should be thinking about how much ASM 35 will actually be about Peter at all. Just food for thought.
    But kraven is there
    He is an active part of what's going on

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But kraven is there
    He is an active part of what's going on
    spoilers:
    Kraven being a part of the ritual isn't really satisfying to me in that regard. Feels like there should be something more there. Like some kind of realization as to how he's grown because of this or whatever. Not that I've liked the Kraven stuff too much here, it just seems like the overall point of the story to me outside of status quo resetting. But if you disagree that's fine.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    spoilers:
    Kraven being a part of the ritual isn't really satisfying to me in that regard. Feels like there should be something more there. Like some kind of realization as to how he's grown because of this or whatever. Not that I've liked the Kraven stuff too much here, it just seems like the overall point of the story to me outside of status quo resetting. But if you disagree that's fine.
    end of spoilers
    Wells wouldn't do that. He goes for the easiest or laziness method. Best example look at chasm in dark web when Pryor got what she wanted

Even if the spoilers are real…

spoilers:
    It just raises further questions. If MJ still loved Peter the whole time, why wouldn’t she at least float the idea of coparenting the kids with him? It’s not like he found someone else in the intervening time. I guess she might still feel bad for Paul, but she didn’t need to be so harsh to Peter. Plus of course her personal history rather suggests she would rather be with the man she loves most rather than sticking with Paul out of obligation.

Plus the factory reset of Norman is still built on the misunderstanding of Peter and Norman’s relationship, specifically that there was one before he was the Goblin. As recently as the Spencer run Peter pointed out that he was basically a stranger to Norman, at best, pre-serum.

Honestly these spoilers read like wishful thinking that was made up, or there’s been major course correction. Of course even if Peter and MJ do get back together heck even undo OMD (fat chance of that, given Slott is tweeting as recently as a few days back that no status quo change will last), Wells can’t undo the first half of his run and how he botched Peter and MJ (and Felicia too, honestly). The biggest event this issue marks is starting the countdown to his departure.
    end of spoilers

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Keep in mind, that there are no scans yet, so it's impossible to confirm whether it's true or not.
    Exactly. They had some pretty wild rumors about the ending of Kindred back in the day that were totally untrue, IIRC.

spoilers:
    At the very least they might be fixing to get a better set up for the Jackpot mini. Maybe.
    end of spoilers

If the leak is true, that sounds incredibly lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTorgo View Post
    If the leak is true, that sounds incredibly lazy.
    Don't forget Lowe even said be careful of spoilers for this issue