Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    We could had got Batman who Laughs Spider-Man where he is really a threat, but nope.
    Hmmm...

...it could work, but not with Wells at the helm.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Now that Kafka is good again she should try and help Chasm. She knows what happened to him
    Nah she's gonna be apart of a goblin war probably with Norman, Roderick and probably a plot from red goblin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Nah she's gonna be apart of a goblin war probably with Norman, Roderick and probably a plot from red goblin
    I was saying she should, with LOwe and Wells I doubt it'll happen

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I was saying she should, with LOwe and Wells I doubt it'll happen
    so far it's being setup in Miles book also and in red goblin

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    so far it's being setup in Miles book also and in red goblin
    The Goblin Cult is also back per Liz Misery book, so this will be the huge showdown of wells run, maybe they are setting a Gathering of Six Part 2 since Mayday is getting mentioned of late.
    Last edited by Bitterman; 10-05-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    The Goblin Cult is also back per Liz Misery book, so this will be the huge showdown of wells run, maybe they are setting a Gathering of Six Part 2
    Oh God, not another Gathering of Five.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I genuinely cannot believe we are at a point in Amazing Spider-Man where Mary Jane Watson with her Superhero watch is going to fight an incel version of Spider-Man to try and protect Paul.

Because even if Peter is not in his right state of mind, Wells is still writing him this way and riffing off unpopular character portrayals to explain why he's so mad and orchestrated a scenario where MJ is battling it out with him because of MJ leaving him for Paul. And basically admitting that she chose to stay with Paul over Peter of her own free will instead of going back with Peter even when the kids were gone for frankly no discernable reason...

"Nobody took me anywhere" - You were kidnapped and trapped in a desolate wasteland with some rando dude for years! You were totally taken somewhere!

Also I can't tell if Gleason is intentionally goofing stuff or editorial is slipping for the umpteenth time but how could he forget the watch on MJ's right arm in that panel with her putting her hand on Paul's shoulder when in the very next panel she has the watch on? Does it just pop out of thin air?

And MJ had enough time to change clothes and thought this would be an appropriate time to wear a skirt? This is basically the Last Remains outfit change all over again. And how is she going to have a secret identity with the amount of time she keeps using the watch in broad daylight without a costume or mask?

Is the idea that MJ is just going to shield herself from Peter's attacks until Norman shows up? Because even then I feel like Peter, unhinged as he is, would end her in two minutes.

Although that scene of him just punting Kafka is kind of funny. This arc is so tonally all over the place, but that's par for the non-Romita arcs.

Can Marvel put a moratorium on using the term "jackpot" in Spider-Man comics, please. I've cringed at nearly every callback over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Nobody took me anywhere" - You were kidnapped and trapped in a desolate wasteland with some rando dude for years! You were totally taken somewhere!
    Lol. Yeah, this is utterly bizarre writing. Mary Jane was LITERALLY taken somewhere and held there against her will, literally until loneliness, isolation, and co-dependency put them together.

The fact they keep writing him like he’s just this nice guy she met at a coffee shop she left Peter for - and not a guy who lied about his identity and helped genocide billions of people - is insane.

This is a great chance to call it all out… and I don’t think they will because I horrifyingly don’t think they think any of this was WRONG. That’s a bit nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Can Marvel put a moratorium on using the term "jackpot" in Spider-Man comics, please. I've cringed at nearly every callback over the years.
    They're basically running it into the ground with the watch and MJ's Superhero identity.

Like, it was just a tongue-in-cheek catchphrase!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Hmmm...

...it could work, but not with Wells at the helm.
    I embrace this What If? if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Lol. Yeah, this is utterly bizarre writing. Mary Jane was LITERALLY taken somewhere and held there against her will, literally until loneliness, isolation, and co-dependency put them together.

The fact they keep writing him like he’s just this nice guy she met at a coffee shop she left Peter for - and not a guy who lied about his identity and helped genocide billions of people - is insane.

This is a great chance to call it all out… and I don’t think they will because I horrifyingly don’t think they think any of this was WRONG. That’s a bit nauseating.
    Wells seems to believe he is writing #feminism.

I know I shouldn't be rooting for evil Spidey but....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I know I shouldn't be rooting for evil Spidey but....
    I'm rooting for Galactus.

So how much longer is left in the Spider Who Gobles storyline?