Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

anyone having issues seeing the whole preview

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Yeah, some of the images appear to be broken.

Fantastic Member

I hope Paul goes as Charlamange for Halloween, sneaks up on Peter and meets the same fate.

Is anyone even slightly concerned for the guy that's not a badly written caricature of Mary Jane? If we're supposed to get passed Otto spending an issue trying to rape MJ then we can easily forgive Peter for backhanding this dude to death.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I can only see two pages

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I can only see two pages
    Everyone is reporting this error, hope that another website updates the preview later.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I hope Paul goes as Charlamange for Halloween, sneaks up on Peter and meets the same fate.

Is anyone even slightly concerned for the guy that's not a badly written caricature of Mary Jane? If we're supposed to get passed Otto spending an issue trying to rape MJ then we can easily forgive Peter for backhanding this dude to death.
    Personally my ideal scenario is that Paul just trips down the stairs and dies one day. If they're not going to retcon what's been going on with MJ in this run, then I just want Paul as far away from the book as possible as soon as possible. And as Nick Lowe said in the ASM #34 letter pages, "sometimes life puts you in unexpected situations". You wouldnt expect it given the story so far, but sometimes people do trip down the stairs and die. Really makes you think!

In terms of the preview. Peter is basically a stand-in for the incel side of the spider-man audience. (Basically what editorial perceives the entirety of PeterMJ shippers to be) Which honestly doesn't work for the book because so much of what Peter has done so far is supposed to be bad ass. Like when Peter was torturing Kraven in ASM #33, how cool Peter was being was like an intended appeal of the book. Zeb said as much in interviews months before the release. And then you have ASM #34 and he's beating the **** out of Norman, and you still see fans saying "wow that was pretty hard though". Because Norman has been the biggest villain in ASM for most of its existence. So you have these two issues that don't really condemn Peter too heavily for what he's doing, moreso just marvel at it. Which transitions us to ASM #35, the next beat in the story. Where what Peter is doing is very much not cool and people should not be rooting for it. But I struggle to find a moment where the tone of the comic really shifts from reveling in Peter's edgelordiness to saying that it's gone too far.

Why do I say all of this? Because imo while the intent in this comic was to make the Peter-like incels look like losers, and condemn the way they think about MJ. I think the story itself is just entirely appealing to incels. And might as well be marketed to them. Misogyny is just kind of rife in comics that want to diminish MJ tbh, because people want to diminish MJ when they don't like her character. And those feelings often come from a misogynistic place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    Everyone is reporting this error, hope that another website updates the preview later.
    Thank God! I was about to re-install Chrome

I think I’ve said my piece already. I legitimately hope the book appeals to me again soon, but so far it’s just been a downward slide from my perspective.

“This sets up the next 24 issues.”

Crap.
    Last edited by Garlador; 10-05-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Amazing Member

the page was fixed

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    Personally my ideal scenario is that Paul just trips down the stairs and dies one day. If they're not going to retcon what's been going on with MJ in this run, then I just want Paul as far away from the book as possible as soon as possible. And as Nick Lowe said in the ASM #34 letter pages, "sometimes life puts you in unexpected situations". You wouldnt expect it given the story so far, but sometimes people do trip down the stairs and die. Really makes you think!

In terms of the preview. Peter is basically a stand-in for the incel side of the spider-man audience. (Basically what editorial perceives the entirety of PeterMJ shippers to be) Which honestly doesn't work for the book because so much of what Peter has done so far is supposed to be bad ass. Like when Peter was torturing Kraven in ASM #33, how cool Peter was being was like an intended appeal of the book. Zeb said as much in interviews months before the release. And then you have ASM #34 and he's beating the **** out of Norman, and you still see fans saying "wow that was pretty hard though". Because Norman has been the biggest villain in ASM for most of its existence. So you have these two issues that don't really condemn Peter too heavily for what he's doing, moreso just marvel at it. Which transitions us to ASM #35, the next beat in the story. Where what Peter is doing is very much not cool and people should not be rooting for it. But I struggle to find a moment where the tone of the comic really shifts from reveling in Peter's edgelordiness to saying that it's gone too far.

Why do I say all of this? Because imo while the intent in this comic was to make the Peter-like incels look like losers, and condemn the way they think about MJ. I think the story itself is just entirely appealing to incels. And might as well be marketed to them. Misogyny is just kind of rife in comics that want to diminish MJ tbh, because people want to diminish MJ when they don't like her character. And those feelings often come from a misogynistic place.
    For sure. It's been obvious that untalented people like Wells and Lowe would use Sin Infused Peter as a badly written stand in for readers who find their work and the post OMD state of the books bad.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
    the page was fixed

It's unfortunate that the "I trust that Peter won't hurt me" panel was the one that didn't render lol. Like the preview is 5-10% better with that added context. Although it will be genuinely awful if Peter does anything to hurt her after she says that.

as expected zeb wells chose the worst scenario and the worst thing to do... and once again the forum had already guessed what was going to happen months in advance because this abominable run was so predictable in addition to being bad.

The character assassination of peter and mj continues...
    Last edited by mugen; 10-05-2023 at 01:29 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    For sure. It's been obvious that untalented people like Wells and Lowe would use Sin Infused Peter as a badly written stand in for readers who find their work and the post OMD state of the books bad.
    We could had got Batman who Laughs Spider-Man where he is really a threat, but nope.

Astonishing Member

Now that Kafka is good again she should try and help Chasm. She knows what happened to him