Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    This version of MJ feels like she was never in love with Peter at all. That she would rather be with a true mass murderer over a man who was willing to give up everything to save her. Has almost died dozens of times to save because he loved her. Here she is willing to fight Peter even though he is right in his assessment of her.

I mean I think MJ would and should still be willing to fight the Spider Who Gobbles, given he’s willing to murder innocent people. Also Paul, but I feel that MJ should be opposed to murder on principle. Especially since Peter is going to be feeling super guilty about all this.

Not that she’s not been botched this whole arc and run, mind you.

Amazing Member

there are some "leaks" at 4chan about what will go down
    and i wish i knew how to write spoilers here since [/spoiler] doesn't work

but needless to say... it is what everyone expects how it will go down with some Spider man 2 ending and 3 on top of it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post

but needless to say... it is what everyone expects how it will go down with some Spider man 2 ending and 3 on top of it
    Leaks as in scans of the books or just people saying what happened?

It’s just [spoil] instead of [spoiler].

Astonishing Member

Use [spoil][\spoil]

Astonishing Member

Here we are.

spoilers:
    >Norman and Kraven preparing the ritual
    >Goblin Queen reveals that Peter has Normans sins
    >MJ tells Paul to run away and Peter being an incel from the preview
    >Peter berates MJ about how she betrayed him. Paul is actually still there watching on
    >MJ gets.roll to attack Peter with but knocks her back with his goblin tech
    >Wants to know why him what makes Paul so special
    >It was never about Paul or hurting Peter. She felt responsible to take care of those kids but she still loves Peter
    >Paul doesn't look happy
    >The sins tell Peter to not listen to the lying woman and kill Paul and we can be free
    >Norman arrives with the spear and tells MJ to hold him
    >MJ was able to roll something to stop Peter long enough for Norman to stab Peter
    >The sins appear as a demonic goblin and suck back into Norman who cries then laughs as he flys off with bug
    >MJ rushes to Peter who asks what happens and MJ tells him it was Norman
    >Peter looks devastated
    >MJ comforts Peter as Paul arrives holding a letter from Norman
    >Later Peter reads the letter from Norman thanking him for helping him be better man and treating him like the father he never could be to harry and apologies for anything that he will do in the future
    >Peter cries for the loss of his friend
    end of spoilers
    It's a really bad writing, but it's going to make lots of people chill out a little bit.
    Oh, yeah, and
    spoilers:
    I would prefer Norman to stay sane a little bit longer, because I'm really-really-really tired of Spider-Man vs Green Goblin stories, and heroic Norman was the best part of this run.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well, at least something people have been hoping for happened and MJ finally admits she doesn't love Paul but only stuck by him with the kids and still loves Peter (and is there for him in the end). So he might finally be on his way out and they could be finally fixing what was broke. Maybe.

(Although what part of the kids forced her to not be with Peter? Because they thought she and Paul were their parents? There were so many ways around that which didn't come off like her rejecting Peter. She should've told him this).

Norman was probably the best written/most likeable character in the whole run but Peter being so upset about it still feels out-of-character.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    In fairness, Peter almost willingly helped the Jackal commit genocide back in the 90s. At least Paul was tricked.
    And that's why the latter half of the Clone Saga is unpopular .

Astonishing Member

Okay, I have a question. I don't mind it's happenning, I don't care, just get rid of this whole Paul story. But for the sake of discussion I'm gonna ask this.
    spoilers:
    So, she stayed with Paul after she got back to 616 because of kids, she had explained that already. But then those kids dissapeared, they weren't even real.
    Why the f**k she has been with the man she doesn't love ever since, if she loves Peter? Just... Why? Why the hell she hurts herself, Peter and Paul?
    end of spoilers
    Anyways, toys are getting back in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Okay, I have a question. I don't mind it's happenning, I don't care, just get rid of this whole Paul story. But for the sake of discussion I'm gonna ask this.
    spoilers:
    So, she stayed with Paul after she got back to 616 because of kids, she had explained that already. But then those kids dissapeared, they weren't even real.
    Why the f**k she has been with the man she doesn't love ever since, if she loves Peter? Just... Why? Why the hell she hurts herself, Peter and Paul?
    end of spoilers
    Anyways, toys are getting back in the box.
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the amount they've actually tried to portray them as an actual couple (to the point where they sleep in the same bed together) in light of this really feels off and like MJ was stringing both guys along.

They should've depicted MJ as more emotionally distant from Paul or at least have had her separate herself from him after the kids left unless she was desperate for some physical comfort after the kids vanished. Or they needed an excuse for Paul to still come up with an upgraded Jackpot watch.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, at least something people have been hoping for happened and MJ finally admits she doesn't love Paul but only stuck by him with the kids and still loves Peter (and is there for him in the end). So he might finally be on his way out and they could be finally fixing what was broke. Maybe.

(Although what part of the kids forced her to not be with Peter? Because they thought she and Paul were their parents? There were so many ways around that which didn't come off like her rejecting Peter. She should've told him this).

Norman was probably the best written/most likeable character in the whole run but Peter being so upset about it still feels out-of-character.
    end of spoilers

And that's why the latter half of the Clone Saga is unpopular .
    IF those leaks are true, this is still such a messy, bizarrely-written story that I'm not sure what purpose it served at all...

But the BIG point of contention for me...
    spoilers:
    ... is that Mary Jane willingly chose to start a relationship with a man she didn't truly love and sleep with him and start a family with him for the sake of some kids she found, which quite literally is explored as one of her deepest fears and traumas from her own family history regarding her abusive father and her sister staying in a loveless marriage for her kids. The fact Mary Jane would just do the same thing - but much, much worse - is a galling bit of character regression.
    end of spoilers

I'm just sad and tired any of this happened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the amount they've actually tried to portray them as an actual couple (to the point where they sleep in the same bed together) in light of this really feels off and like MJ was stringing both guys along.

They should've depicted MJ as more emotionally distant from Paul or at least have had her separate herself from him after the kids left unless she was desperate for some physical comfort after the kids vanished. Or they needed an excuse for Paul to still come up with an upgraded Jackpot watch.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Or maybe the plan was different, but either Wells and Lowe got tired of Peter/MJ fans, or someone came down and told them to shut this story down, which is why it looks like that.
    end of spoilers
    Anyways, it's ending soon, that's the most important thing.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    IF those leaks are true, this is still such a messy, bizarrely-written story that I'm not sure what purpose it served at all...

But the BIG point of contention for me...
    spoilers:
    ... is that Mary Jane willingly chose to start a relationship with a man she didn't truly love and sleep with him and start a family with him for the sake of some kids she found, which quite literally is explored as one of her deepest fears and traumas from her own family history regarding her abusive father and her sister staying in a loveless marriage for her kids. The fact Mary Jane would just do the same thing - but much, much worse - is a galling bit of character regression.
    end of spoilers

I'm just sad and tired any of this happened.
    Are we even sure it was a relationship.. nothing was ever shown or some to prove anything. Plus it still can be quantified as magic chains

Here we are.

spoilers:
    >Norman and Kraven preparing the ritual
    >Goblin Queen reveals that Peter has Normans sins
    >MJ tells Paul to run away and Peter being an incel from the preview
    >Peter berates MJ about how she betrayed him. Paul is actually still there watching on
    >MJ gets.roll to attack Peter with but knocks her back with his goblin tech
    >Wants to know why him what makes Paul so special
    >It was never about Paul or hurting Peter. She felt responsible to take care of those kids but she still loves Peter
    >Paul doesn't look happy
    >The sins tell Peter to not listen to the lying woman and kill Paul and we can be free
    >Norman arrives with the spear and tells MJ to hold him
    >MJ was able to roll something to stop Peter long enough for Norman to stab Peter
    >The sins appear as a demonic goblin and suck back into Norman who cries then laughs as he flys off with bug
    >MJ rushes to Peter who asks what happens and MJ tells him it was Norman
    >Peter looks devastated
    >MJ comforts Peter as Paul arrives holding a letter from Norman
    >Later Peter reads the letter from Norman thanking him for helping him be better man and treating him like the father he never could be to harry and apologies for anything that he will do in the future
    >Peter cries for the loss of his friend
    end of spoilers
    It's a really bad writing, but it's going to make lots of people chill out a little bit.
    Oh, yeah, and
    spoilers:
    I would prefer Norman to stay sane a little bit longer, because I'm really-really-really tired of Spider-Man vs Green Goblin stories, and heroic Norman was the best part of this run.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    While Wells keeps on trying to make the whole thing with MJ and Paul about the kids, it still doesn’t really justify the fact that MJ basically cut Peter off at the start of the run and had been so cold towards him to the point of not even being willing to grab a coffee with him. If she loves him so much, why would she do so many things to hurt him and seemingly feel nothing about it?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Keep in mind, that there are no scans yet, so it's impossible to confirm whether it's true or not.

Keep in mind, that there are no scans yet, so it's impossible to confirm whether it's true or not.
    That's why I said this is a big "IF".

I guess we'll see. If the leaks pan out, it's the "best outcome" of a terrible situation.