Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Ben and Ned Leeds, I forgot to add.
    current Kafka doesn't care for Ben and Roderick is after her and Ned is done in this run

Astonishing Member

Unless Paul dies or its reviled this entire run was a fever dream while he's still in the hospital what was the point

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    The Debbie Downers are in the house today!

Attachment 135048
    Okay, something positive, um...

Gleason's art! Even with the errors!

MJ in a skirt!

Spider that Gobbles punting Kafka!

"I'm a big girl, Peter. Nobody took me anywhere." Says the woman who was kidnapped and then trapped in a post-apocalyptic wasteland for four years. Also, the reason she "choose" Paul is because she got sick of waiting for her actual boyfriend to come and rescue her (after she saved him, I might add) and decided to hook up with literally the last man on Earth. Oh, and needed someone to help her raise a couple of fake kids. And if Paul was MJ's choice, then it just underscores that, aside from Peter, she really does have horrible taste in men.

Also, you can tell that with "The Spider Who Laughs" acting like a jilted and jealous ex (so much for Joe Kelly's story where Peter claimed he no longer had any romantic feelings for MJ, huh?) and him lashing out like this, watch as this will be used as another wedge to drive Peter and MJ further apart and make Peter look like the "bad guy" even though he's essentially possessed and thus not in complete control of his actions.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member

I know Peter is under the influence of Norman's sins, but you know? I can't stop thinking that Peter's words are actually those who had to keep for himself for so much time. Norman's sins have actually helped Peter to take outside all the anger and frustration he has kept inside for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    "I'm a big girl, Peter. Nobody took me anywhere." Says the woman who was kidnapped and then trapped in a post-apocalyptic wasteland for four years. Also, the reason she "choose" Paul is because she got sick of waiting for her actual boyfriend to come and rescue her (after she saved him, I might add) and decided to hook up with literally the last man on Earth. Oh, and needed someone to help her raise a couple of fake kids. And if Paul was MJ's choice, then it just underscores that, aside from Peter, she really does have horrible taste in men.

Also, you can tell that with "The Spider Who Laughs" acting like a jilted and jealous ex (so much for Joe Kelly's story where Peter claimed he no longer had any romantic feelings for MJ, huh?) and him lashing out like this, watch as this will be used as another wedge to drive Peter and MJ further apart and make Peter look like the "bad guy" even though he's essentially possessed and thus not in complete control of his actions.
    Celest Bronfman is going to have her work cut out for her with the Jackpot mini.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Celest Bronfman is going to have her work cut out for her with the Jackpot mini.
    For some reason, I don't think that mini is going to happen anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Remember that time Peter was brainwashed to kill Mary Jane by the Jackal?

It’s crazy that Marvel expects us to think these are the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

But...but we have to show how awesome and capable MJ is as Jackpot! She don't need no Peter!!!

Amazing Member

I feel like there are ways they could even have approached the topic Peter's inner thoughts on the Paul/MJ relationship without him coming across as a manchild. I know Slott said recently that characters can't be ruined, but it kinda feels weird that writers seem to try every now and then.

Who knows though, maybe the next few pages are more compelling and we just can't seem them yet and we are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Seriously. As far as I'm concerned...Mephisto created a couple of demonic clones that call themselves "Peter and MJ". The real Peter and MJ were shielded from the reality warp by the Spider God...and are laying low and raising their daughter in secret...who will grow up to defeat Mephisto once and for all.

Spectacular Member

This version of MJ feels like she was never in love with Peter at all. That she would rather be with a true mass murderer over a man who was willing to give up everything to save her. Has almost died dozens of times to save because he loved her. Here she is willing to fight Peter even though he is right in his assessment of her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    This version of MJ feels like she was never in love with Peter at all. That she would rather be with a true mass murderer over a man who was willing to give up everything to save her. Has almost died dozens of times to save because he loved her. Here she is willing to fight Peter even though he is right in his assessment of her.
    I wonder in the future issue Involving Spider-Man vs Green Goblin, it will end in Norman's death and Peter inheriting Oscorp

Yeah, Wells' MJ is all over the place, especially when it comes to her relationship with Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder in the future issue Involving Spider-Man vs Green Goblin, it will end in Norman's death and Peter inheriting Oscorp
    Wouldn't that be Parker Industries 2.0?

BANNED

Lol. Yeah, this is utterly bizarre writing. Mary Jane was LITERALLY taken somewhere and held there against her will, literally until loneliness, isolation, and co-dependency put them together.

The fact they keep writing him like he’s just this nice guy she met at a coffee shop she left Peter for - and not a guy who lied about his identity and helped genocide billions of people - is insane.

This is a great chance to call it all out… and I don’t think they will because I horrifyingly don’t think they think any of this was WRONG. That’s a bit nauseating.
    In fairness, Peter almost willingly helped the Jackal commit genocide back in the 90s. At least Paul was tricked.