Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Peter just coasts on by like nothing happened.

Turned into the Spider that Gobbles and almost killed some people? I'll just shrug it off and be Spider-Man again. And that even extends to how he's been handling his relationships in my opinion. Nothing feels very involved or genuine. Closest is, again, Peter and Norman but that's only if you take it in isolation.
    Being fair supposedly Peter will be having conflicted emotions about this into the next arc. Which will unfortunately feature Rek-Rap because that joke is a dead horse that had pretty much been beaten as much as possible after his first appearance but humanity as a whole is being punished for its sins by bad Spider-Man comics, I guess

And Peter just coasts on by like nothing happened.

Turned into the Spider that Gobbles and almost killed some people? I'll just shrug it off and be Spider-Man again. And that even extends to how he's been handling his relationships in my opinion. Nothing feels very involved or genuine. Closest is, again, Peter and Norman but that's only if you take it in isolation.
    I honestly cannot imagine Peter Parker shrugging off his own incompetent attempts at murder with a smile under his mask and swinging off into the sunset. That was really jarring.

Astonishing Member

Really the only thing of consequence that happened in this was Hammerhead killing people to kickstart a gang war.

And apparently it's so easy to start a war in New York's criminal community by just killing guys and then just saying it was someone else who did it.
    That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read that page. Dumbest gangsters ever

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Chasm was ready to unleash literal hell (Limbo, technically, but still) on New York City, regardless of how many innocent people could or might or perhaps even did die as a result, to get even with Peter for, in his thoroughly warped mind (thanks, psycho-reactive quantum-shifting polymeric goo!), not helping him.
    Yeah, but he's not in hos right mind. Same as Peter, but Peter gets to shrug it off and worse of all, letting the blame fall on other people's laps

Astonishing Member

Hate this run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTorgo View Post
    I honestly cannot imagine Peter Parker shrugging off his own incompetent attempts at murder with a smile under his mask and swinging off into the sunset. That was really jarring.
    Agreed, but he wasn't really in control of himself. There was an external force of supernatural evil that infected his mind, so that takes a lot of the blame off Peter's shoulders. He was pretty much a victim there. I agree that him smiling like "Oh, well, whatever" and swinging off is odd, but I suppose there's not much else he can do about it. Regardless of his intentions in that state, he didn't kill anybody. What else can he do but shake it off and keep going?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Agreed, but he wasn't really in control of himself. There was an external force of supernatural evil that infected his mind, so that takes a lot of the blame off Peter's shoulders. He was pretty much a victim there. I agree that him smiling like "Oh, well, whatever" and swinging off is odd, but I suppose there's not much else he can do about it. Regardless of his intentions in that state, he didn't kill anybody. What else can he do but shake it off and keep going?
    Yeah, but this is a guy who wears guilt from year ago like a coat. Things he couldn't prevent, people he couldn't possibly have saved, he'd still feel it. It's healthy for him to realize he was a victim here (like many times during this run) but the way he shruggs it off with no hint of internal conflict beyond a throwaway line or two is...jarring.

Nevermind that nothing of consequence was changed for him at the end of the issue. That smile under his mask didn't feel earned or warranted.

This was probably even more pointless and stupid as the death of Kamala Khan.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This was probably even more pointless and stupid as the death of Kamala Khan.
    And considering how stupid and pointless that was . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTorgo View Post
    Yeah, but this is a guy who wears guilt from year ago like a coat. Things he couldn't prevent, people he couldn't possibly have saved, he'd still feel it. It's healthy for him to realize he was a victim here (like many times during this run) but the way he shruggs it off with no hint of internal conflict beyond a throwaway line or two is...jarring.

Nevermind that nothing of consequence was changed for him at the end of the issue. That smile under his mask didn't feel earned or warranted.
    Oh, I agree with that much. It's odd for him to have that reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And considering how stupid and pointless that was . . .
    You what the sad thing is? I don't think they have even hit rock bottom yet.

I have to say they have totally killed any interest in MJ as a Superhero for me.

I just have no interest in her cribbing powers from other Superheroes, being with Paul for reasons and acting like she can be a cold and distant jerk to someone for no reason and be not in the wrong in the process.

She stole Atom Eve's powers in this episode but I'd rather read about Eve at this point.

Fantastic Member

I have to say they have totally killed any interest in MJ as a Superhero for me.

I just have no interest in her cribbing powers from other Superheroes, being with Paul for reasons and acting like she can be a cold and distant jerk to someone for no reason and be not in the wrong in the process.

She stole Atom Eve's powers in this episode but I'd rather read about Eve at this point.
    I had no interest in her as a superhero when they announced it... I have even less desire to see it now.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Everything about Jackpot was tainted from the start. The Jackpot bracelet is just another way of chaining Mary Jane to Paul, much in the same way the fake kids were.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't think I've read a Spider-man run where Peter needed to be "saved" as consistently as the current run.
    I'm sure even a Captain Universe-powered Peter would still lose every single fight to any low-tier random foe in this run.