Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Yeah, my post was in response to a reply to a post which asked about Richard's status. It wasn't a reply to your "Petunia's favourite nephew" comment immediately above, I was talking about this thread's main subject, Nova, not Ben! Sorry for the confusion.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, my post was in response to a reply to a post which asked about Richard's status. It wasn't a reply to your "Petunia's favourite nephew" comment immediately above, I was talking about this thread's main subject, Nova, not Ben! Sorry for the confusion.
    No need to apologize. I can see clearly where I got myself confused. Nothing you did wrong.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. It would be a dream come true (T^T)

Just a small sample size at how good he would have been in the Avengers! The powers that be missed a big opportunity with Rich in the past.

BANNED

What is Rich's current power level? Does he still have the full Nova Force? I haven't followed since the last volume ended, and I'm not going to follow an X book just to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    What is Rich's current power level? Does he still have the full Nova Force? I haven't followed since the last volume ended, and I'm not going to follow an X book just to keep up.
    I don't think it's really been established since he came back from the cancer-verse. I've been wondering about it, too.

Ultimate Member

Probably Wonder Man weight class.

Above what he was, but not top tier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

That's frustrating because I think he really shined when he had the full Nova Force and Worldmind under Abnett and Lanning.

Ultimate Member

That's frustrating because I think he really shined when he had the full Nova Force and Worldmind under Abnett and Lanning.
    Agree to disagree.

I think a character should have to punch up. The fewer in the top league (Thor class), the better.

Astonishing Member

Out of curiosity, how are you defining "top tier"? Wonder Man is supposed to be about equal to gods like Thor and Hercules in strength (approximately -- all three of them have had power fluctuations over the years, so exact strength ratings tend to be something of a moving target).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Out of curiosity, how are you defining "top tier"? Wonder Man is supposed to be about equal to gods like Thor and Hercules in strength (approximately -- all three of them have had power fluctuations over the years, so exact strength ratings tend to be something of a moving target).
    Thor weight class, really.

Wonder Man was always a step below Thor, though a notch above guys like Thing.

That weight class still leaves room to be the underdog

BANNED

Well, when you have the power to destroy entire planets in one pop your fans are bound to love you but, if depowered even slightly your
    snubbed and forgotten.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-05-2023 at 08:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Well, when you have the power to destroy entire planets in one pop your fans are bound to love you but, if depowered even slightly your
    snubbed and forgotten.
    Yet being able to destroy entire planets tend to limit the kind of adventures you can have especially if you hope to feature in a team book.

Yeah, I agree. I really loved Abnett and Lanning's run, but there's only so far you can go with ultra-powered characters. Or, at least, there are very few writers that can handle characters at that power level and still keep a team book balanced. (And I prefer team books to solos, but that's just me.)

Agree to disagree.

I think a character should have to punch up. The fewer in the top league (Thor class), the better.
    I know, right?! All things considered, an interesting period (IMHO):

Just read the title of this thread again, THE HUMAN ROCKET...I'm gushing at how badass that really is.