Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    He appeared briefly in Secret Avengers, but just wasn't handled properly, or given enough respect, considering all he did during Annihilation. At one point Captain America dons the Nova helmet, and immediately does better with the Worldmind and Nova powers than Rich. It actually really pissed me off.
    He should have joined years back- as is most fans I think prefer him either to be with the Guardians, Annihilators or just on his own bat being the best darn space cop in the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Has he joined the Avengers yet? I always liked the idea of him being an avenger after the forever yesterday arc in new warriors.
    I know, right?! Truly a sight to behold (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Truly a sight to behold (IMHO):

This was when I first got into comics. Picked up issue 12 of New Warriors and fell in love with the team.

Because Firestar was wearing rags for this story and everyone called her Angel. I thought Angel was her alias. It didn't click for me that Angelica was Firestar from Spiderman and his amazing friends until a few issues later haha

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    I hardly think Al Ewing would do that to Rich considering how much love he has for the character, should know I've met him several times. Besides, he's on the cover for X-MEN RED 18 alighed with Apocalypse.
    You've met Ewing? Oooo do tell! What did he say about Rich?

Remember Keith Giffen gave us that:

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    He'll be back next issue I reckon.
    Yeah. I actually agree.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Who cares? What did he say about me?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Remember Keith Giffen gave us that:

RIP Mr. Giffen

I love what he did with Rich, although it took a long time for me to forgive what he did with Amethyst. (Hey, I was a kid and he put my then favorite character through hell.)

Oh it was years ago when he visted a comic con in a town close to mine here in England just before he contributed to the then GOTG Annual (during Cates run) and before he began his. He's absolutely passionate about Nova and would love to do a series if/when ever Marvel let him, maybe for the 50th anniversary.

That's not until June 2026! Hopefully he won't have to wait that long, that's two and a half years from what's currently been solicited.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd prefer Nova in a team book rather than a solo, but I've never been a huge fan of solos.

Was listening to some 80's music, and came across "(Watching) Worlds Crumble" by Glass Tiger. It really reminded me of Rich.

I've been a fan of Rich's since Vol. 1 (yes, I'm that old), and I've always wanted him to be an Avenger. However, I went absolutely nuts when the Defenders had a recruiting drive and I saw Rich on the cover. All I could think about was how Rich would learn at the side of someone like the Silver Surfer! Welp, that didn't happen, and never in my wildest dreams, and that includes any fanfiction story I could have come up with, did I ever think he'd have a regular role in the pages of the X-Men. I still have hope that this is all a springboard before he becomes the next big thing at Marvel, and eventually the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    …I've always wanted him to be an Avenger.
    ^^^Same.
    I’ve shipped him on the team many times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I've been a fan of Rich's since Vol. 1 (yes, I'm that old), and I've always wanted him to be an Avenger. However, I went absolutely nuts when the Defenders had a recruiting drive and I saw Rich on the cover. All I could think about was how Rich would learn at the side of someone like the Silver Surfer! Welp, that didn't happen, and never in my wildest dreams, and that includes any fanfiction story I could have come up with, did I ever think he'd have a regular role in the pages of the X-Men. I still have hope that this is all a springboard before he becomes the next big thing at Marvel, and eventually the MCU.
    Was that during Dollar Bill's Defender for a Day story (or something like that)? That was so fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Was that during Dollar Bill's Defender for a Day story (or something like that)? That was so fun to read.
    ^^^Yeah that’s the one! So much fun…: