Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Ewing has tried to pitch Nova?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I think Marvel has an agenda that has a strong dislike of Nova. Even Al Ewing who tries to pitch Nova's solo run is constantly get rejected by the Marvel editorial. I guess they are okay for characters like Ghost Rider and Howard the Duck to get an anniversary run but not the same goes for Nova.
    Why would Nova get a run for his 47th anniversary? Do they even do 45th anniversaries?

Ultimate Member

Nova is one of the foremost names dropped when it comes to talking about an MCU movie.

Lets be honest, Marvel barely backs any ongoing that doesn't have a well received movie to accompany it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Why would Nova get a run for his 47th anniversary? Do they even do 45th anniversaries?
    LOL...for Rich, I would take a 48th anniversary, just hoping that it could carry some momentum into a GIANT SIZE 50th anniversary!

In case anyone is looking to get themselves a gift, I thought I should mention that displate.com has metal Nova posters for sale. Pricy, but they look gorgeous.

Is this open knowledge that Ewing pressed for a Nova series and was rejected? How was this found out?

Nova has been left in limbo since X-Men Red. He's currently in some sort of coma. Hopefully Ewing or another writer can pick this up and save Rich.

Season's Greetings.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Right back at ya. Very nice pic.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Looked like a Nova in todays Timless issue - however I think it was recycled art from Ewings Guardians? Hope it’s not and is actually a promise of a new run.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m sure Rich’s space era has been fine but I’ve never gotten into him as a cosmic character. I prefer him on Earth.

On a more positive note, back when the New Warriors first started out, Rich wore this outfit…

…for just one issue (3), and I really liked it for some reason, and it really fit his demeanor at the time. I wish he’d kept it.
    I really liked that muscle shirt look for "Kid Nova" as he was initially called when they launched NW and Marvel still tried to avoid double using superhero names. As you said it fit his BRO demeanor at the time. When they evolved to costumes more closely resembling his original togs, it started to get too complicated looking post-Bagley, with the nadir being when his long hair would flow out from under the helmet. When he broke away from the team and got spotlight as a solo character again, I was on board for the Adi Grand version of the space duds.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

I liked his grunge look better than the muscle shirt, though that was only for an issue or two IIRC

NOVA COVER CALENDAR 2024 v2.jpg

If you like a free Nova fan calendar for 2024, then hop over to novaprimepage.com in the creative section/ nova619. 12 artworks done by fans and also former Nova artists Chris Marrinan and Mark Stegbauer (Nova Vol. 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I really liked that muscle shirt look for "Kid Nova" as he was initially called when they launched NW and Marvel still tried to avoid double using superhero names. As you said it fit his BRO demeanor at the time. When they evolved to costumes more closely resembling his original togs, it started to get too complicated looking post-Bagley, with the nadir being when his long hair would flow out from under the helmet. When he broke away from the team and got spotlight as a solo character again, I was on board for the Adi Grand version of the space duds.

Novajpg.jpg

I like most Nova uniforms from all the various eras but yeah the muscle shirt was a definite one-off. Here's a pic I had done by one of my reg artists I have commissions from, Eskivo Santos.