Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default Going forward, how much should the Phoenix play a role in Jean's life

As seen in recent issues and solicits it seems that Jean Grey will have to reunite with the Phoenix once again. Once that happens how should the relationship between Jean and the Phoenix play out? Should it be a temporary merger or something more permanent? How often should Jean be tapping into the Phoenix Force? Should she use the Phoenix regularly or on special occasions?

If Jean is to be permanently bonded with the Phoenix Force then I think that Jean should only manifest it on special circumstances. There's ways to limit how much Jean can use the Phoenix but I'd like to see them be fleshed out more concretely.

No she's the one that dumped the cosmic canary, she shouldn't go crawling back to it.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

None. There is a story to tell with the X-men and the phoenix but it’s on a cosmic scale. Hickman had his version set up but so far we haven’t seen it and we never might do.

Jean doesn’t need the phoenix to be interesting or powerful. The story of the phoenix choosing her is more powerful then she creating it or other stories tying them together. Too bad that the avengers have diluted the phoenix in recent years. Best to let it rest for some time.

I really don’t want Phoenix Jean again.

Make Bonita the one and only Phoenix.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

My ideal scenario would be getting the Phoenix iconography and name back to Jean, without her being necessarily bonded to the entity - something similar to how Alan Davis left Rachel at the end of Excalibur.

Jean should be able to use the Phoenix codename and costume iconography with or without the powers, so I'd start there. As far as the entity itself I would prefer it be a special occasion power up with some in-story reason she doesn't tap into it regularly. Stories set in the future should include a fully powered and merged Jean Phoenix.

Easy.

Reconcile the Bird with Jean. Lets be Honest. The Avengers has Thor and Wanda in their ranks.

Why the Xmen cant have Phoenix? imagine the Hellfire Gala if Orchis atacked a Phoenixed Jean. The News will be others.

So For me. Phoenixed Jean Forever.

The point of connecting Jean to the Phoenix Force is to have her loosing control and get killed at some point.

What everybody is tired of.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Let Rachel handle the Phoenix. I think she did a way better job. I mostly liked the scenes where the Phoenix looked blue, like in War of Kings.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

How much should laser beams play a role in Cyclops' life?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Easy.

Reconcile the Bird with Jean. Lets be Honest. The Avengers has Thor and Wanda in their ranks.

Why the Xmen cant have Phoenix? imagine the Hellfire Gala if Orchis atacked a Phoenixed Jean. The News will be others.

So For me. Phoenixed Jean Forever.
    Because the Phoenix entity is omnipotent and there always the chance she'll go Dark Phoenix. That's old and tired. Characters that are too powerful, can do anything are a bore.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Just do it exactly like Grant Morrison did it in New X-Men (but without killing her off again ;-))).

Jean being Phoenix is her destiny. And it is time to make sure that you can be a powerful cosmic super heroine without losing your **** and going on a murder spree.

I love the Phoenix iconography and I would really like to see her reclaiming her own most favorite storyline...the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-06-2023 at 06:22 AM.

I LOVE the Phoenix iconography.... for Firebird.

firebird-costumelarge01.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-06-2023 at 07:06 AM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

I think they should also re-invent the Phoenix. It has to be again a mystical cosmic entity and not literally a "fire chicken" that acts and speaks like a jealous ex boyfriend when it comes to Jean Grey.

I wished an author like Donny Cates or Al Ewing would reinvent the Phoenix Force with Jean in mind. Something similar what they have done for Venom and the symbiots or Hulk and gamma radiation and his mental health issues. I think Jean and her history deserves a similar complex reimagining like these male Marvel heroes.

I'm on the fence because I feel like the Phoenix has been greatly diluted the past few years and doesn't mean as much as it once did. At the same time I've enjoyed Jean this era, being a leader and pulling off big power displays without the Phoenix. So I dunno, I guess I can take it or leave it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!