Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

Jean literally is the Phoenix and she’s always been at her best when she’s had her Phoenix history honoured and understood. But going forward she shouldn’t have to go down a self-loathing/destructive path with the Phoenix but a path about creation or something like that.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think they should also re-invent the Phoenix. It has to be again a mystical cosmic entity and not literally a "fire chicken" that acts and speaks like a jealous ex boyfriend when it comes to Jean Grey.

I wished an author like Donny Cates or Al Ewing would reinvent the Phoenix Force with Jean in mind. Something similar what they have done for Venom and the symbiots or Hulk and gamma radiation and his mental health issues. I think Jean and her history deserves a similar complex reimagining like these male Marvel heroes.
    This would be a dream. Someone to make sense of all the Phoenix's history and reconcile everything from prehistoric Firehair to Fong-ji, from the Ferons to the White Hot Room, from Claremont to Davis all the way to Aaron. Donny Cates, Al Ewing or Geoff Johns have been brilliant at this kind of thing before and I would love to see one of them tackle this particular story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I agree. They need to kill off X-Men!Laura and transfer all of her memories to X-Force!Laura to reconcile the two versions.
    Hard yes! I don't know why Marvel is so obsessed with duplicating characters.

Also, let's do away with the second Wolverine identity. It was sweet when Logan was dead, but now it doesn't make any sense, and the X-23 aesthetic is cool and well-liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hard yes! I don't know why Marvel is so obsessed with duplicating characters.
    I know, right??

Jean will resurrect herself one way or another, and with Jean around, she should be the one to wield the Phoenix. After all Jean IS the Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel just dropped this…

Link: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=239866287

It’s a long article centered on defining and recapping the history of the White Hot Room. Two of my favorite bits:

“The White Phoenix [is] a pure and powerful form representing the perfect synthesis between the Phoenix Force and Jean.” ✅
    “A legion of mutants now call [the White Hot Room] home following the collapse of the nation Krakoa in the #FallOfX.” ✅
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Marvel just dropped this…

Link: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=239866287

It’s a long article centered on defining and recapping the history of the White Hot Room. Two of my favorite bits:
    Oooh, this has me all tingly, lol!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I really don’t want Phoenix Jean again.

Make Bonita the one and only Phoenix.
    Yaaassss!!!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I LOVE the Phoenix iconography.... for Firebird.

Attachment 135049
    Make it so

Phoenix should not have any kind of custody of Jean but I’d be okay with visitation rights every other weekend and two weeks out of the summer.