Default Should Disney ever revisit the Fels?

The Fel clan was a major part of the original SW EU. Baron Fel was introduced in the X-wing comic series, which was a prequel to the novels; he was a Correlian pilot who helped train Han Solo and several other Rebels during their Imperial academy days, but later became a major ace. He largely avoided the main battles of the OT, but managed to score several morale-building victories instead (Such as destroying a Rebel base on the same day as Yavin, and wiping out a convoy to Hoth-the same defeat which opened the Radio play and gets Luke promoted to commander of Rogue Squadron due to Fel killing the other commander).

After Endor he's assigned to other things, but doesn't like the corrupt leadership of Isard and Sate Pestage. He is captured by the Rebels.

However turns out he's actually Wedge's brother-in-law as he married Wedge's sister who is a holo-star (Also something Isard holds over his head)

Fel joins Rogue Squadron in part to help protect his wife and family as they go into hiding but soon vanishes.

He re-emerges later as a follower of Thrawn and guest of the Chiss who kept his family safe from Isard's retribution, and starting a massive family with Wynssa.

His son, Jagged becomes a major character in the NJO and the following novels, with a romance and eventual marriage to Jaina Solo, Han and Leia's daughter. This in turn leads to the Fel Dynasty and a reformed Empire, which kind of eventually splits into pro-Fel and pro-Sith factions decades later.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Soontir_Fel/Legends

He's still canon but only in the "ace pilot" stuff for one of the tabletop games.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Soontir_Fel

Now obviously the Jaina stuff isn't going to work but could some version of Fel still work in Disney's canon (More so than this of course) like Thrawn?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fel wasn't like Thrawn or Xizor or even Mara Jade in terms of cross over popularity.

But it could work.

Isard is one I'm surprised they haven't touched.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Armand shows up in Tarkin I think, although not much since. The novel was one of the very first Disney EUs.

A lot of what he did is kind of handled by Yularen during the early OT period (Andor) so he's kind of redundant...

As for Ysanne, she's pretty much sort of running the Empire more or less after Pestage but right before Thrawn's return, but I think her role was pretty much covered by Rae Sloane, Hux's father etc. in the Disney works so I'm not sure how she'd fit in the new canon.

Yes. Should revive much of the EU into a new working canon and state that the sequels take place in an alternate universe.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yes. Should revive much of the EU into a new working canon and state that the sequels take place in an alternate universe.
    That will never ever happen. Personally, I find the Sequels mediocre and lackluster as a whole and overall prefer Legends notable the Yuuzhan Vong War. BUT

1: Carrie is dead, and Ford is never coming back so it means doing Sequels without Han and Leia or recasting which if you recast many people will view the original sequels as the "real" sequels since they have Fisher and Ford.

2: As a company they would now be saying don't invest in our stories because if we end up not like them or the audience reception to them, we'll replace them. When you compare losing the faith of the general public vs making the hardcore fans happy there is no comparison the fans need to lose for the brand to survive. Especially when they can move on and bring in elements of the EU that has nothing to do with the Sequels Era or larger Skywalker Era of SW and have decades worth of stories.

I always thought a sort of crossover between Legends and Disney canon would be a neat idea for a book, comic event or something specifically non-canon like the Lego stuff.

Don't think there's any plans for a Star Wars multiverse though....(At least with Marvel and DC it's been a thing for a long time in the comics)

Honestly to keep on track I'd like to see the Fels and the Yuuzhan Vong brought into Disney Canon.

While also a comics series set in Legends that could introduce Grogu, Mando, Poe, Finn, Rey, BB8, and the Rebels cast into Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Fel wasn't like Thrawn or Xizor or even Mara Jade in terms of cross over popularity.

But it could work.

Isard is one I'm surprised they haven't touched.
    Sloane was already basically a combination of Isard and Daala.

The Star Wars comics did feature a woman who was pretty much a apprentice of Tarkin, Zahra, who had some simlarities to Daala.

The Grisk from the Thrawn novels are pretty much an amalgamation of a lot of the 'deleted' or downsized EU aliens like the Noghri, Ssi-Ruuk and the Vong, although with a lot of their horror aspects toned way, way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That will never ever happen. Personally, I find the Sequels mediocre and lackluster as a whole and overall prefer Legends notable the Yuuzhan Vong War. BUT

1: Carrie is dead, and Ford is never coming back so it means doing Sequels without Han and Leia or recasting which if you recast many people will view the original sequels as the "real" sequels since they have Fisher and Ford.

2: As a company they would now be saying don't invest in our stories because if we end up not like them or the audience reception to them, we'll replace them. When you compare losing the faith of the general public vs making the hardcore fans happy there is no comparison the fans need to lose for the brand to survive. Especially when they can move on and bring in elements of the EU that has nothing to do with the Sequels Era or larger Skywalker Era of SW and have decades worth of stories.
    Deepfakes are going to improve a lot. As is AI with voices. Lucasfilm started off with different actors playing the roles physically than doing the voice with Vader. I wouldn't mind at all having new actors and using deepfakes and AI to make them look and sound like they should. Billie Lourd could play Leia if she gives the blessing to use the tech over herself. Do similar with Ford and Hamill, but they could be involved with the actors and potentially read the lines like they would or move how they would to guide the other actors. I would do that and adapt the Zahn books. I know people are wary about AI, but it is the future. And I would much rather watch Han Solo look like Ford than Alden Ehrenreich. The new actors would just have to be humble enough to let their faces and voices be changed. And that honestly could be a huge market going forward. And like I said earlier, actors doing the physical performance only is not new in Star Wars. And these actors would be doing that and speaking, but their voices would be changed. And if you can get someone who is a good enough actor to match the emotion and body language of the first actor, it's a real skillset that is going to be needed.

And with regard to the sequel trilogy, I don't think many of people would mind if it were made its own universe. I mean most people have soured on them. The only people who still like them are the Twitter stans. Most of whom don't care about the OT or the prequels. And lots of franchises have alternate timelines.

The sequel trilogy. All it did was destroy the other movies. The EU built on them and didn't tear them down. At least until Chewie was killed off. But I think then and when Jacen went dark was when that canon went bad.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If they were to revist a family in modern continuity I would rather it be the Tagges. The House of Tagge was such an interesting part of the Star Wars galaxy. With members being high ranking Imperial Officers and their bussiness holding being such a big part of the Empire. You had:

Baron Orman Tagge - Oldest brother wannabee Jedi
    Silas Tagge - genius weapon inventor
    Ulic Tagge - cunning and ruthless
    Cassio Tagge - loyal Imperial officer
    Dommina Tagge - youngest and smartest of the family.

(Yeah I like the Legends version of the family much more than the new comics version sue me)

Marvel has. Cassio was featured heavily in the first Vader series as a survivor of the Death Star and commander of the Executor.

The others-but most prominently Domina-have been part of the current Doctor Aphra series.

Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-15-2023 at 03:02 PM.