Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

The dead silence at the Jackpot announcement too .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The dead silence at the Jackpot announcement too .
    If what I heard about the Jackpot comic actually ends up being true, watch it sell out and get multiple reprintings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If what I heard about the Jackpot comic actually ends up being true, watch it sell out and get multiple reprintings.
    Paul put on/hit by a bus?
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Paul put on/hit by a bus?
    That's the rumor. But obviously I can't confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's the rumor. But obviously I can't confirm it.
    I wouldn’t trust any of these rumours. Every time someone leaks something positive happening re Peter x MJ, it turns out to be false.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    I wouldn’t trust any of these rumours. Every time someone leaks something positive happening re Peter x MJ, it turns out to be false.
    Yeah, it's crazy to think that whatever is going on between MJ and Paul would end in a one-shot tie-in comic to an event.

On the other hand, with how this run has handled just about everything, would it really be surprising if it were true?

Edit: But we're getting off-topic.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 10-17-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To engage for a moment, I understand the creatives and editors working on ASM getting sick and tired of being questioned (and disrespected) at every turn about the developments they feel are best for the overall character/brand of Spider-Man that fans (continue to) strongly disagree with, if not flat-out detest. At the same time, if those snippets being shared of (some of) their interactions with those same discontented fans are anything to go by, they're certainly not all that shy about returning it in kind, which as you indicated before just stirs up even more anger and resentment, especially with the fans who already feel like they're the ones being disrespected by the creatives and editors working on ASM. To put it another way, it could be that as much as (some) fans can be self-entitled, vicious @$$holes, particularly on social media where they don't have to look someone in the eyes to spew venom at them, creatives and editors maybe being a little too quick to dismiss fan input from a perch of authority, real or presumed, merely exacerbates the divide and conflict between them.
    What have the creatives and editors done that is the equivalent of this threat or menace style thread asking if the people responsible for Marvel's best-selling title are out of touch or just spiteful?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What have the creatives and editors done that is the equivalent of this threat or menace style thread asking if the people responsible for Marvel's best-selling title are out of touch or just spiteful?
    Reposting this,

https://twitter.com/donoDMG1/status/1713972891790811165

C.B. Cebulski really seemed set off by the Peter and MJ questions. He kind of interrogated one of the folks asking about it, then stating that the person was only attached to when they first read Spider-Man. When the guy said he started after OMD, Cebulski ceased to debate.
    This isn't a good look.

Amazing Member

It also doesn't help when two different panels had basically the same marriage joke right at the start (at least from what I remember from the transcripts I saw). I guess enough people did not laugh the first time.

[QUOTE=Knightsilver;6622601]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Peter B spent 15 in-universe years being a pathetic wretch. Most of it off camera. It's easier for time to pass off camera. To equal how bad he's screwed everything up, we'd have at least 30 years of realtime loser Spider-man to even come close.

We're over halfway there now. And even Peter B wasn't at the level of utterly pathetic Post OMD Peter is. Peter B could actually beat a villain without crawling to one of his worst enemies for help. OMD Peter has all of Peter B's faults...without any of the positives to balance it out.
    I think we should specify that ASM Peter is the one that's rather pathetic.

Peter in just about any other book is usually still competent as hell. All out Avengers will always come to mind here. As does Spine Tingling SM and his appearances in Daredevil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    Pretty difficult to do that when the police acted like stupid and start shooting him instead of arresting the villain and there are witness that the villain cause the mayhem.
    Always an excuse. A kinda stupid one considering how most of the time Peter’s actually on civil terms with police.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Does seem to be a degree of frustration that fans still reject the OMD-verse after all these years on the part of certain creators. On one hand, I can follow that it can be annoying that potential readers aren't interested in your newest material and keep asking about something else (eps. considering that an anti-Spider-marriage stance is the central foundation of the OMD-verse). On the other hand, the OMD status quo has remained consistently unpopular since it was created and the rest of the franchise has largely ignored it since 2007, so are they really surprised that fans still want it undone?
    I would have more empathy for their frustration if C.B. didn't consistently go for those type of comments and have them land flat. His first comment was unprompted and he did the same kinda comment not just at another panel but an entirely different convention. Reaping and sowing.
    Unrelated to the quoted comment:

I have also seen the same unsourced rumor about Paul/MJ in the Jackpot one shot or mini, whatever it is and I would strongly strongly advise anyone to not drink too deeply of the copium.

"I'm not going anywhere". Wells will ride the Paul and MJ train til the end of the line. For better or worse it's the most notable thing happening in the title and the thing receiving all the attention.

I also don't understand the pearl clutching over this thread. If Marvel can troll from word one, with MJ reading Faust in her first appearance and Joe Q can yell at people at cons and C.B can make a marriage joke at every panel, this thread is not a big deal lol
    Last edited by Coop; 10-17-2023 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I can think of an easy solution to get people to stop bringing up “One More Day”…

… just saying.
    Cancel the book?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is absolutely zero threat or menace on this thread's title and original post. But since there is some valid commentary going on about the title, and being the one who created it, I should clarify. My original intent was to serve as a counterpoint to another thread that asks about "editorial hate" ever being "this large and transparent". My idea was "I don't think that's the case, but I do believe they may be out of touch". Which I do, sue me.

I worded the title like shit, that goes without saying. English is not my native language, so that may have played a part. I don't know if there's any way to edit a thread's title. Anyway, I meant to clarify this sooner, but if you have a look at the first few pages, you'll notice that a few members decided to carpet bomb me with insults and derision. One in particular was specially angry, and attacked me with particular viciousness. That one seemed to have taken this thread personally, as if they were actually involved with (or part of) the Spider office. I wrote a painstaking rebuttal of several of the bombs launched at me, a specially polite one given the circumstances. There was a further attack from this individual, and a request from me for them to back off.

The attacks are still there if anybody wants to check them out. My defenses... some of them are still there, some went missing.

So I said fuck it, I was ready to apologize for the unfortunate wording of the title, but a lot of people went at my throat and got away with it scot free, while I had some of my attempts to defend myself deleted. And I will say this: most of the attackers seemed to have read the title but not the original post.

For what it's worth, if I could rename the thread I'd go for something like this: "Editorial hate? I don't think so. But they may be out of touch". If anybody feels that's still too inflammatory, then I don't know what to tell anybody.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by fjmac View Post
    There is absolutely zero threat or menace on this thread's title and original post. But since there is some valid commentary going on about the title, and being the one who created it, I should clarify. My original intent was to serve as a counterpoint to another thread that asks about "editorial hate" ever being "this large and transparent". My idea was "I don't think that's the case, but I do believe they may be out of touch". Which I do, sue me.

I worded the title like shit, that goes without saying. English is not my native language, so that may have played a part. I don't know if there's any way to edit a thread's title. Anyway, I meant to clarify this sooner, but if you have a look at the first few pages, you'll notice that a few members decided to carpet bomb me with insults and derision. One in particular was specially angry, and attacked me with particular viciousness. That one seemed to have taken this thread personally, as if they were actually involved with (or part of) the Spider office. I wrote a painstaking rebuttal of several of the bombs launched at me, a specially polite one given the circumstances. There was a further attack from this individual, and a request from me for them to back off.

The attacks are still there if anybody wants to check them out. My defenses... some of them are still there, some went missing.

So I said fuck it, I was ready to apologize for the unfortunate wording of the title, but a lot of people went at my throat and got away with it scot free, while I had some of my attempts to defend myself deleted. And I will say this: most of the attackers seemed to have read the title but not the original post.

For what it's worth, if I could rename the thread I'd go for something like this: "Editorial hate? I don't think so. But they may be out of touch". If anybody feels that's still too inflammatory, then I don't know what to tell anybody.
    To clarify, I think the intent of the creator of the last thread was to ask about "hate" directed at editorial from the fanbase. Ie: Has the fandom ever hated on editorial as much as they have recently. I dont think the intent was to say that editorial was being "hateful" or behaving with malice in their storytelling approach. The title of this thread does make more sense if you interpret it that way though.

The "threat or menace" criticism is basically that the title comes across as presenting a double negative to choose from: Are they ignorant or behaving maliciously? It seems to assert that editorial is doing something wrong when some posters may not believe that editorial is a problem or doing anything wrong. So, in the future, it probably would be best to just pose the open-ended question: "do you believe editorial is out of touch?"