Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Monet St. Croix has also pointed out that Spider-Man doesn't necessarily make it easy for other superheroes to know they can trust him.
    But her argument doesn't make any sense, he's not the only one with secret identity. And it's not fair to use Fantastic Four and Avengers as an example that his approach isn't right, since they have completely different lifestyle.
    And quite frankly, I never got this whole thing about superheroes not trusting him/disliking him. All of top-players are either close friends with him (Fantastic Four, Doctor Strange, Wolverine, Daredevil) or have a huge respect for him (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Xavier, Cyclops). Basically, everyone, whose opinion actually matters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    But her argument doesn't make any sense, he's not the only one with secret identity. And it's not fair to use Fantastic Four and Avengers as an example that his approach isn't right, since they have completely different lifestyle.
    And quite frankly, I never got this whole thing about superheroes not trusting him/disliking him. All of top-players are either close friends with him (Fantastic Four, Doctor Strange, Wolverine, Daredevil) or have a huge respect for him (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Xavier, Cyclops). Basically, everyone, whose opinion actually matters.
    That doesn’t actually mean anything because it just shows that Spider-Man doesn’t trust her. Why should she trust him in turn?

I mean, it's Monet, she rubs people the wrong way all the time .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's Monet, she rubs people the wrong way all the time .
    Yeah, I consider the source there.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Yeah, I consider the source there.
    Also claiming he doesn't have to take responsibility for anything when his entire actions as Spider-Man are about acting on responsibility.

Extraordinary Member

Batfamily already beat them to it .

Actually I always had this idea where Peter knows he's in a tough situation and reaches out to all of them and none of them show up to help for one reason or another .
    Exactly! Imagine the hilarity, and the justified frustration, occasionally peppered by moments of actual usefulness. Peter doesn't get reinforcements because Kaine is in Texas trying to keep a Cartel and Right wing Militia from killing a town, Miles was taking mandatory tests, and Madam Webb was fighting some existential dimensional threat, and the rest of the text chain dissolves into Kaine and Peter debating the best type of anti-chafing powder.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Also claiming he doesn't have to take responsibility for anything when his entire actions as Spider-Man are about acting on responsibility.
    Well it’s not like he stays behind to clean up the collateral damage he sometimes causes.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Well it’s not like he stays behind to clean up the collateral damage he sometimes causes.
    I don't remember any scenes where the Madrox PI incarnation of X-Factor did that. (I assume the scene is from the Madrox PI run.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Now I want a story where Peter saves the day and bails for some life event, then Ben shows up late and actually cleans up the mess, with headlines calling Ben the “real hero”.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Now I want a story where Peter saves the day and bails for some life event, then Ben shows up late and actually cleans up the mess, with headlines calling Ben the “real hero”.
    wouldn't the headline be Spiderman left crime scene for a costume change
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

He should at least count himself fortunate that he's not carrying the responsibility of an entire race's standing with (the rest of) humanity on his shoulders.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    https://x.com/donoDMG1/status/1713719989797077352?s=20

Well, that last bit certainly doesn't bode well huh.
    https://x.com/donoDMG1/status/1713972891790811165?s=20

It gets worse. Y i k e s.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Somehow, I hear "It gets worse" in the voice of Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider explaining how Spider-Carnage was born in part 1 of the 90s animated series finale.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The whole "Anti-OMD fans are just older fans" myth can only work for so long. At some point it's going to become obvious it's not true (if it hasn't already).

All 90s kids will soon be in their thirties and OMD isn't any less controversial than in '08. If anything, it got more controversial with time.

If Marvel really wants to commit to OMD, they need a better excuse. Lowe's implication that pro-OMD fans are actually a silent majority, as silly as it sounds, is still better than the excuse that all the anti-OMD fans are 38 and up.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-16-2023 at 03:45 PM.

You know what would have been wild? Fun? Fresh?

Aunt May gets the Goblin Sins.

I leave the rest to you all’s imaginations.
    We did have the Negative Aunt May during Shed. It was an okay subplot.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets