View Poll Results: It would be possible to repeat it again, thus Part 2?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but it would take a lot of brainstorm from both sides, also copyrights issues.

22 68.75%
  • Never Ever, both bridges were burned and Some doesn't even want it to happen again.

10 31.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm not voting because I really don't have a horse in this race. The glory days for both teams are in the past. Maybe I'd support a team-up that took place in the past, but am not interested in either team these days.
    Isn't Access technically a Canon entity on both sides due to he being Omnipresent in all Earths as a gatekeeper of sorts?

Bonus to the fact that he still lives in NY til this day.

Marvel vs dc is canon also. Last mini he erases both universes minds of meeting each other! This is why the teams don't remember each other! Only access, watcher and jubillee still remember the events of marvel vs dc! (and jubillee is not an avenger!)

Nice set up for jla vs avengers even if it was not intentional. They even said access had a cameo in jla vs avengers but they dumped it.

Batman on the other hand should have known spider-man as marvel vs dc confirmed the batman spider-man one shot is the dc universe spider-man! Guess that's why spidey doesn't show up till issue 3 with little batman interaction. Wonder if the dc universe spider-man was in the spider-verse events?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I read it earlier this year, and I kind of want to go through it again.

For me at least, I’d like to see a different crossover handled differently. Maybe make it a six issue event with one shot tie-ins to further develop diferent aspects and allow other creators to get on board
    That is exactly why they should not do it. For one neither company has the talent to pull it off these days and two a bunch of one shots by 2nd rate talent would just cheapen the whole thing making ait a bloated ugly mess just like most modern crossover events.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m the only one to vote no.

That series was lightning in a bottle. Just leave it alone.
    Yeah, I don't see them pulling it off nowadays. I doubt there is another current artist who could handle such a large cast as well as Perez did. However, I do think there are some competent enough to give us a beatifully illustrated book. Maybe Stuart Immonen, Oliver Coipel or Paul Peltier, all who have done great work for both companies. Jason Fabok and Daniel Samprre also have done good work on large scale tales, though I can't seem to recall them working for Marvel (not saying they haven't. I just don't remember it). As for writers, IMHO, it get's even more difficult here. Current writers really seem to have problems juggling complex storylines. No one really comes to mind that could handle this WELL.
    Then, there is the complete mess that both universes are in, with conflicting continuity, death no longer being an issue, and variuos versions of the same characters existing side by side. I don't envy the person that would have to try to make sense of all of this in cohesive way. So, my anser is also no. They may try, but I don't believe they could pull it off in any way that wouldn't disappoint more than please people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Been rereading some other scenes. I'm beginning to see dichotimies I hadn't realized before. Take the scene where Cap and Batman discuss plans in the Batcave:

Actually, IMHO, this highlights another similarity between the two heroes. Batman is known as the man with a plan, the guy who is always prepared, yet, here, we see that Cap is not much different, and, here, at least, he has planned for contingencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If another crossover was done, it should be DC vs Marvel 2, not JLAvengers 2. Include the other teams and not just the Justice League and Avengers. Titans vs New Warriors, Young Justice vs Champions. JSA vs Invaders, Suicide Squad vs Thunderbolts. Legion of Super-Heroes vs X-Men.
    I would be in favor of this. I think there is a better chance of smaller cross-overs working, than jumping straight to the big one. Not just teams, though. Before JLA/Avengers, there were pleanty of cool cross-overs, some featuring some odd pairings that were very cool.

Peace

Been rereading some other scenes. I'm beginning to see dichotimies I hadn't realized before. Take the scene where Cap and Batman discuss plans in the Batcave:
    I do like how Batman's got this dark brooding grim cave and Thing shows up with the most Kirby-tech of motorcycles possible.

Extraordinary Member

I love that Comicraft is still using the "rock" font they used for Ben's dialogue in the Heroes Return era. It hasn't been seen much since then and I wouldn't claim it's necessary, but it's fun to see the words shaped like he is.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I do like how Batman's got this dark brooding grim cave and Thing shows up with the most Kirby-tech of motorcycles possible.
    it explains the changes he made at the batcave to make sure this doesn't repeat again.

I loved the crossover of all crossovers. I was even lucky enough to get the The Hero Initiative’s trade a couple of years ago. This moment was defiantly lightning in a bottle, and I doubt it will happen again. As for the story being cannon, I doubt it. DC has been through like 2 or 3 reboots, and Marvel has had a major universal restart itself. They're in the 8th incarnation now.
    Now if the Big 2 could get pass egos and competition to do it again, I would love to see Ewing and Stuart Immonen have a crack at it. But I think Immonen is done with doing interiors for super hero comics. As for the subject, maybe a sequel to the Titans and X-Men. Both teams membership has grown to rivel the JLA and Avengers. Maybe it could have something to do with Trigon invading Marvel's Earth via Limbo (Otherplace). Raven, Illyana and Madelyne Pryor could be the story's center point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is exactly why they should not do it. For one neither company has the talent to pull it off these days and two a bunch of one shots by 2nd rate talent would just cheapen the whole thing making ait a bloated ugly mess just like most modern crossover events.
    wtf you talking about?
    Zdarsky, Cates, Ewing, Williamson, Ayala, Thompson and others are writing comics these days.
    Heck, Ewing doing a Marvel vs DC event could be one of the best things ever.

I'd support it, but with a caveat that it's not the "set lineup" of the current incarnations (I find the Avengers line-up currently fairly uninspiring and there isn't even a League right now), but more of an Avengers Forever motif where you pull characters from the various team lineups throughout their histories. So for the League, you could do Big 7, Satellite, Detroit, Giffen, Morrison, Meltzer, Robinson, New 52, and Rebirth, while the Avengers could do Original 5, Cap's Kooky Quartet, the Roy Thomas Years, the Roger Stern Years, West Coast Avengers, the "bomber jacket" years, the Kurt Busiek Years, the New Avengers, the Mark Waid relaunch...so many to choose from. And just fill the lineup with fun characters, some the A-listers, some deeper cuts, and throw them into the middle of some cosmic thing that spells doom for both universes if they don't work together.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 10-11-2023 at 11:48 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    wtf you talking about?
    Zdarsky, Cates, Ewing, Williamson, Ayala, Thompson and others are writing comics these days.
    Heck, Ewing doing a Marvel vs DC event could be one of the best things ever.
    Have Kurt again as the lead writer, plus Ewing and Johns if Warner boots Jim Lee and the remaining identity crisis gang out.
    Let Kurt, Johns and Ewing go full Kirby, Starlin's Infinity Gauntlet and even cosmic with the crossover, have the teams have fun with it Like Annie/May and the champions with the Titans, Peter and Bruce's Encounters during both JMD crossovers canon due to the Temporary multiverse merge, they already teased that Billy is still Captain Marvel during Infinity.
    Have Gary Frank to Draw the main series without counstrains, let JRJR honor his old pops and draw the old way on SM and League, have Miles and Static interact, Let Carol and Hal finally put a fight to see who is stronger, Dick Ryder and Katma dealing with Sinestro. Let Ambush Bug, Harley, Prime, Deadpool and Gwenpool form a team to hunt down people "disrupting" the comic book history of both companies with Prime and Gwen bickering all time about Canon like a old married couple.

A crossover like this done right could and will sell a lot, mainly if it continues with the original story canon, and there is a lot of material for that.
    Hell, even Jason and Bucky meeting each other would do great.

I still believe that there is Hope for it, but all depends if both companies can pull it our right and have to deal with copyright issues later, which is one of the issues of the original crossovers, including this one.

One idea I'd love to see if they did this again is to make it one of those 12 issue minis with each issue being done in a different style and just have a recurring subplot, possibly something with Kang, running through the series.

One issue might be done in a 1964 style, another might be done in a 90s style with the heroes reborn team, etc.