View Poll Results: It would be possible to repeat it again, thus Part 2?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but it would take a lot of brainstorm from both sides, also copyrights issues.

22 68.75%
  • Never Ever, both bridges were burned and Some doesn't even want it to happen again.

10 31.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    To be more fair, Batman has got his butt handed to him by people that he thought had no chance against him.

That's as close as Batman would come to admitting he's going to loose.
    this was pre batman zur failsafe keikaku wayne
    Nowadays this batman would have an entire file of Marvel post Secret Wars 3 and even a anti-mutant serum.

Also spoilers:
    Batkek
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

I read it earlier this year, and I kind of want to go through it again.

For me at least, I’d like to see a different crossover handled differently. Maybe make it a six issue event with one shot tie-ins to further develop diferent aspects and allow other creators to get on board

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Oh yeah, Hawkeye's comments on the Justice League:

Crack up every time. I remember Wizard Magazine pushed to have that line put in there and Busiek did it!
    To be more accurate, I always intended to use that line and made the mistake of telling Wizard ahead of time that if I ever got the chance, I'd do it.

Glad so many people still remember it fondly!

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    To be fair, Batman didn't say Cap would win, just that he could ("But it would take you a very long time").
    That's as close as Batman can come to admitting he'd lose.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    To be more fair, Batman has got his butt handed to him by people that he thought had no chance against him.

That's as close as Batman would come to admitting he's going to loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    That's as close as Batman can come to admitting he'd lose.

kdb
    Like the guy in Annie Hall who was talking about Marshall McLuhan and Mr. McLuhan turned up to say he was wrong, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    To be more accurate, I always intended to use that line and made the mistake of telling Wizard ahead of time that if I ever got the chance, I'd do it.

Glad so many people still remember it fondly!

kdb
    Ha absolutely! It just works on a lot of levels. And thank you for clarifying the origins of the line!

Speaking of Hawkeye, I really liked his pairing with Green Arrow. It's obvious I know, but the execution of it was well done. The best archers on their teams who are mirror images of one another who both could be hot-headed and brash meet:

As I read it now, yeah, I think this is exactly how a meeting between Clint and Ollie would be. Who's the better archer with Black Canary rolling her eyes. Having Black Widow there would have been cool too, but it still works. Also, there's an innocence in that meeting. Yes, Clint and Ollie are puffing their chests, but it's not invective or hurtful. At the end of the day, there's a respect between the two which would pay off in issue four.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Been rereading some other scenes. I'm beginning to see dichotimies I hadn't realized before. Take the scene where Cap and Batman discuss plans in the Batcave:

There are great parallels in this scene. There's Cap remarking how Batman lost a partner (ironically, both Bucky and Jason would come back within the next couple of years after the series). But I find a new appreciation for Thing's appearance. Yep, it's the Thing in the Batcave. And we see him display that Yancy St. wit as he calls Batman's penny "small change."

However, I see some of the deeper meanings. The Fantastic Four's exploratory, bright, and sci-fi world, established by legends like Lee, Kirby, and Bryne meets with Batman's dark and broody world, established by legends like O'Neil and Adams. This scene has all of that going on in it.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Been rereading some other scenes. I'm beginning to see dichotimies I hadn't realized before. Take the scene where Cap and Batman discuss plans in the Batcave:

There are great parallels in this scene. There's Cap remarking how Batman lost a partner (ironically, both Bucky and Jason would come back within the next couple of years after the series). But I find a new appreciation for Thing's appearance. Yep, it's the Thing in the Batcave. And we see him display that Yancy St. wit as he calls Batman's penny "small change."

However, I see some of the deeper meanings. The Fantastic Four's exploratory, bright, and sci-fi world, established by legends like Lee, Kirby, and Bryne meets with Batman's dark and broody world, established by legends like O'Neil and Adams. This scene has all of that going on in it.
    If there it was a sequel, Jason and Bucky would be the ones arguing about their lives, but still finding peace, though Cap is still proud of Bucky while Jason still have problems with Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m the only one to vote no.

That series was lightning in a bottle. Just leave it alone.
    But that wasn’t the question
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I am in support of a newly published tabloid size reproduction of the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    But that wasn’t the question
    ^^^Okay, the poll question is “It would be possible to repeat it again, thus Part 2?” With, I’m thinking, the first two words in the wrong order.

So would it be possible to repeat it again?
    Technically, yes, but w. a caveat:
    Busiek and Perez did something really special w. that book, and I don’t feel a sequel would/could recapture that.

The superhero landscape is completely different now than it was 20 years ago.
    The fans are different in what they find acceptable, what they think they’re supposed to like.
    George Perez is gone.

So yeah, a sequel could be made, and it’d sell.

But, that series was lightning in a bottle. Just leave it alone.

If another crossover was done, it should be DC vs Marvel 2, not JLAvengers 2. Include the other teams and not just the Justice League and Avengers. Titans vs New Warriors, Young Justice vs Champions. JSA vs Invaders, Suicide Squad vs Thunderbolts. Legion of Super-Heroes vs X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I want to see Jed Mackay and Greg Rucka do Moon Knight/The Question.

ETA: Or maybe Moon Knight/Hellblazer?
    Last edited by DigiCom; 10-08-2023 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I want to see Jed Mackay and Greg Rucka do Moon Knight/The Question.

ETA: Or maybe Moon Knight/Hellblazer?
    ^^^Not gonna lie those ideas both sound pretty awesome.

Astonishing Member

I'm not voting because I really don't have a horse in this race. The glory days for both teams are in the past. Maybe I'd support a team-up that took place in the past, but am not interested in either team these days.