Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel confirms “White Hot Room is now home to thousands of mutants”

Link: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=239866287

It’s a long article centered on defining and recapping the history of the White Hot Room. Two of my favorite bits:

“The White Phoenix [is] a pure and powerful form representing the perfect synthesis between the Phoenix Force and Jean.” ✅
    “A legion of mutants now call [the White Hot Room] home following the collapse of the nation Krakoa in the #FallOfX.” ✅
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Ehh, does that mean the mutants in the desert are in the white hot room?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The White Hot Room exists within the M'kraan Crystal, on the edges of the Marvel Multiverse.
    Doesn't the M'kraan crystal allow travel between different realities?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yes. Modeled after Exodus’s memories of wandering the desert where he first encountered the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Doesn't the M'kraan crystal allow travel between different realities?
    Yes. The M’Kraan Crystal is one of many Nexus of Realities across the Omniverse, though it is unique in the respect that only one M’Kraan Crystal exists across the Omniverse, meaning it is existing. Simultaneously in every reality at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So, I think it is more interesting to find out if they have been killed when they've entered the gates during the Gala or just teleported into the white hot room?!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    So, I think it is more interesting to find out if they have been killed when they've entered the gates during the Gala or just teleported into the white hot room?!
    Assuming the author of the article wasn't just speculating, it sounds like Mother Righteous brought them there:

Mother Righteous transported Krakoa's sibling island to the White Hot Room and the mutants settled there, despite the threat of roaming feral Wolverines.

Astonishing Member

First the Morlock Tunnels, then Genosha, then San Francisco, then Krakoa and now the white hot room? Marvel loves to segregate mutants.

...this is too stupid for words.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Yes. Modeled after Exodus’s memories of wandering the desert where he first encountered the Phoenix.

Yes. The M’Kraan Crystal is one of many Nexus of Realities across the Omniverse, though it is unique in the respect that only one M’Kraan Crystal exists across the Omniverse, meaning it is existing. Simultaneously in every reality at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I find it interesting that Mother Rightous --knew of/had the power/her powers would work--to send the mutants to the WHR.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I find it interesting that Mother Rightous --knew of/had the power/her powers would work--to send the mutants to the WHR.
    Apparently MR has/had a Phoenix Egg.

I hate that Hickman decided people just find random non-Jean Phoenix Eggs lying around.

Amazing Member

Honestly don't love that people outside of Jean/the Grey line can exist in the WHR. Each year, the Marvel team makes the Phoenix that much less impressive as a universal entity

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Apparently MR has/had a Phoenix Egg.

I hate that Hickman decided people just find random non-Jean Phoenix Eggs lying around.
    Ah, I missed that. Thank you.

Yeah, the Phoenix Egg should only be to resurrect Jean, but I think she no longer needs the PE.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The concept of a "Phoenix Egg" makes me cackle a bit, treating the Phoenix as an actual bird. But I don't consider it necessarily in contradiction with established continuity: the Phoenix Force has a history of splitting up and sending different fragments of itself to different people - Madelyne, Rachel, the Phoenix Five albeit for external circumstances, and of course Jean's Jamaica Bay cocoon could also be considered as such; Jean also has a history of searching for her missing fragments. Those fragments now simply come in the form of an egg.

Oh yeah I forgot MR obtained a Phoenix Egg in Sins. That universe was destroyed but with a Phoenix Egg who knows.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Sure, I mean we could say the Phoenix just flies around dropping eggs randomly with nothing happening to fragment it and with the only reference to a Phoenix Egg being Jean getting reborn, but it comes off as random and the writer just wanting what they want.

Not only are there random eggs, they also turn people into Phoenix and teleport people, and people randomly know how to make the eggs do these things...for reasons.