Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've said it before, but ENDGAME on a basic level does feel a lot like an adaptation of the comic series AVENGERS FOREVER by Kurt Busiek, with the Avengers visiting multiple time periods and a huge Avengers battle at the end.

Of course it's a bit different because FOREVER featured multiversal Avengers but it still seemed fairly similar to me.

Also Cap finally saying "Avengers assemble" seems like a moment comic fans had wanted to see since the first film.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

thats a good point

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I've said it before, but ENDGAME on a basic level does feel a lot like an adaptation of the comic series AVENGERS FOREVER by Kurt Busiek, with the Avengers visiting multiple time periods and a huge Avengers battle at the end.

Of course it's a bit different because FOREVER featured multiversal Avengers but it still seemed fairly similar to me.

Also Cap finally saying "Avengers assemble" seems like a moment comic fans had wanted to see since the first film.
    Actually we wanted to see him lift Thor's Hammer....And I don't mean like they do in those Deep Fake movies...

Boisterously Confused

I'll give Endgame 1st prize, for reasons already well stated by others.

For my runner up (and the OP's question leaves room), I'll go back to Donner's Superman II. Best I can remember, we'd never got a straight up superhero smackdown like that before. I acknowledge Batman (1966) for doing it first, but put it 4th as it was camp.

Spider-Man 2 (very closely) comes in 3rd. The Doc Ock fights were Ditko Made Real. Every Spider-Fan worthy of the name had their pulse running wild.

One thing about the Ang Lee Hulk movie, the whole thing about Bruce's father is partly based more on the post-80s comics than any other Hulk movie or TV show. It was a major element of the Immortal run, for instance. It started mainly as Mantlo's idea, then was developed a great deal by Peter David and was used not only by Ewing but also Pak, Jenkins etc.

Although the whole bit about gamma experiments wasn't there (Bruce's father did experiment with radiation in the comics though and IH did show the family line has been associated with gamma science for some time-even revealing that Bruce is the Leader's distant cousin) and although Bruce's father has returned and become monsters a few times in the comics, don't think he became Absorbing Man at any point (Think the AM was a leftover from an earlier draft where he was a villain and they just took the Brian story and mixed 'em together).

The She-Hulk TV series further distanced itself from the comics by showing Bruce's mother (or at least a Banner/Walters with the same first name) alive.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Freddy Vs Jason... at least for Jason fans. The movie put Jason, after 14 years, back in the more conventional slasher stuff he was doing before he became a bodysnatcher and a space cyborg, with flashy kills that outnumbered Freddy's. It made me rewatch the earlier Friday movies.