Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New York Comic Con 2023 - X-News

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/09/x-...ordan-d-white/

I was going to start this thread later in the week but Jordan D. White touched on it a little bit in today's X-Men Monday. so might as well get it cracking early!

AIPT: As we wrap up, let’s look ahead to NYCC 2023 later this week. We’re going to learn more about Resurrection of Magneto, Fall of the House of X, and Rise of the Powers of X. Or is it ’10’?

Jordan: This one’s just ‘X’.

AIPT: Interesting. So what can we look forward to?

Jordan: You’re going to find out more about all of these three books at the panel for sure. You’re going to see some art at the panel. You’re going to hear from people who are working on them. And I can’t say much about them beyond that. Are there other books being worked on? Yes. But I don’t think any of them are going to be announced at the panel, but shortly thereafter. There are other things that will be connected to these that you’re going to hear about as well.

AIPT: Will we find out what “The New X-Men” teaser was about, or is that still November?

Jordan: I don’t think you’re going to find out about that.

But all three of these books are great. All three of these creative teams are killer. Fall and Rise are a big, big deal. And Resurrection is so mind-blowingly cool.

I mean, if you’re fans of the X-line currently, probably just hearing the creative teams, you can guess some cool things about them. You know what kind of awesome, crazy, big-action stuff Gerry can bring. What kind of mind-bending, cerebral stuff Kieron Gillen can bring. What kind of, well, both Al Ewing can bring for sure. And what great art Lucas Werneck can do. He’s been doing it in the X-Office for ages, but this is absolutely amazing work that he’s doing. R.B. Silva, we’re so thrilled to have back on this book. We’ve missed him since he left us, but we’re so thrilled to have him back. He’s doing amazing, amazing work. And Luciano Vecchio did such great work on the Hellfire Gala that we were really thrilled with. And the work he’s doing here is even more awesome. Al is giving him crazy things to draw and he’s drawing the crap out of them.

All three of these books are going to be super, super great.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So cyclops will have a bigger role it seems. Another schism? �� idk how I feel about such an early promotion. Imo they should wait until December to start promoting a next phase

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    So cyclops will have a bigger role it seems. Another schism? �� idk how I feel about such an early promotion. Imo they should wait until December to start promoting a next phase
    The issue with that is the January solicits come out I think next week. So it's better for them to get ahead of them with official announcements then new titles popping up with no info about them, you know? And yeah I think Cyclops is going to be a big of the retaliation against Orchis once we free him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The issue with that is the January solicits come out I think next week. So it's better for them to get ahead of them with official announcements then new titles popping up with no info about them, you know? And yeah I think Cyclops is going to be a big of the retaliation against Orchis once we free him!
    But it kinda kills the vibe when they start their announcements so early

Nice. I'm hyped for this!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    But it kinda kills the vibe when they start their announcements so early
    I do agree that it can kill the vibe so they have to navigate it as smartly as possible. As a youngster I used to read my comics every month without really knowing what was coming. But I do like big announcements and the discussions that they generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nice. I'm hyped for this!
    Same! I'm excited for what's next and what the ride will be like as we move to the conclusion of the Krakoa era.

The biggest things I'm curious about right now are the Ultimate Line, how long these will be lasting and if any of the current books will be conintuing.

I wish this was it. In terms of teases. This should be all they allow.
    We know a rise is coming. Any and all further peeks just balms the burn of the Fall.

Any and all promotional images and/or advertisements should cease until the Fall has concluded.
    THEN, they can slap us across the face with whatever adrenaline pumping preview stuff they want.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    The biggest things I'm curious about right now are the Ultimate Line, how long these will be lasting and if any of the current books will be conintuing.
    Same. I'm a bit worried it's going to be more of an Elseworlds type story in feel than a true reboot of the Ultimate line, meaning that these X-men won't be as familiar as the OG Ultimate X-men were and instead could be totally different characters. So instead of starting out with the main characters like Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast and Wolverine it will be totally different characters, maybe even some original ones created by Hickman. Which is fine, but the OG Ultimate Universe worked because it was basically a streamlined, modernized version of the 616. If they run too far afield of that (e.g., Peter Parker isn't the Ultimate Spider-man, James "Logan" Howlett isn't the Ultimate Wolverine, etc.) it's just going to feel like some Elseworlds $#!t and will be quickly forgotten once Hickman gets bored and leaves the line... if not sooner.

My guess is they know this and it will be more true to the spirit of the OG Ult U, but we shall see... I've very curious about it regardless. So far the Ultimates are on the right track, as we seem to have Tony, Steve and Thor Odinson all involved from the jump, albeit Tony is younger and goes by Iron Lad and is accompanied by Ultimate Doom (universe 6160 Reed Richards).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. I'm a bit worried it's going to be more of an Elseworlds type story in feel than a true reboot of the Ultimate line, meaning that these X-men won't be as familiar as the OG Ultimate X-men were and instead could be totally different characters. So instead of starting out with the main characters like Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast and Wolverine it will be totally different characters, maybe even some original ones created by Hickman. Which is fine, but the OG Ultimate Universe worked because it was basically a streamlined, modernized version of the 616. If they run too far afield of that (e.g., Peter Parker isn't the Ultimate Spider-man, James "Logan" Howlett isn't the Ultimate Wolverine, etc.) it's just going to feel like some Elseworlds $#!t and will be quickly forgotten once Hickman gets bored and leaves the line... if not sooner.

My guess is they know this and it will be more true to the spirit of the OG Ult U, but we shall see... I've very curious about it regardless. So far the Ultimates are on the right track, as we seem to have Tony, Steve and Thor Odinson all involved from the jump, albeit Tony is younger and goes by Iron Lad and is accompanied by Ultimate Doom (universe 6160 Reed Richards).
    Yeah, there's no way we won't be starting out with a least a decent amount of the big characters. They're popular for a reason and this is more so a way to do something new with the characters than make a bunch of new characters. I think your point about what we've see so far is a valid point, most of the characters are the ones we know but altered. There are some big names missing from what we've seen so far, but IIRC there's time travel in the last one that could change that.

Powers of X hmmmmm. Apaccy came back, Mags is coming back, Jean will come back, Exodus and Hope with their flock. Cyke probably will be the new Xavier.
    I think they will rise together to destroy Orchis but have different ideologies on how Mutants should prevail moving forward. Thus another Schism will take place. I been saying this.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Powers of X hmmmmm. Apaccy came back, Mags is coming back, Jean will come back, Exodus and Hope with their flock. Cyke probably will be the new Xavier.
    I think they will rise together to destroy Orchis but have different ideologies on how Mutants should prevail moving forward. Thus another Schism will take place. I been saying this.
    I'm so curious about the New X-Men title which we'll be getting info about next month. I'm starting to wonder if that's the vote team that were killed by Nimrod at the gala since Jordan mentioned them in the interview. Or maybe we'll learn about them on Saturday regarding something else instead.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Great idea to make a thread where all news can be consolidated into. And we'll have our own GeneTitan on the floor, to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Great idea to make a thread where all news can be consolidated into. And we'll have our own GeneTitan on the floor, to boot!
    GT on the ground coming at us live!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm so curious about the New X-Men title which we'll be getting info about next month. I'm starting to wonder if that's the vote team that were killed by Nimrod at the gala since Jordan mentioned them in the interview. Or maybe we'll learn about them on Saturday regarding something else instead.
    That is quite a possibility, and maybe it might not be too far off. I think it might be a Apocalypse lead team, and then a slew of other books dropping with High Ranking Mutants I mentioned with their own team books. But again who knows until Saturday right??
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine